Alopex

Beta 95168 - Double performance

Good things come to those who wait it seems!

The new ArmA 2 beta patch works wonders for the performance of DayZ.

Previously, performance of DayZ has lingured between 20-40 frames per second on my system (duel 1GB HD4870s CFX, Q9550) with AA & post-processing disabled.

With the new patch installed both server-side and client-side, these numbers rose to 80-100 frames per second. With AA & post-processing disabled, all others: Very High.

There seems to be a mild HDR lighting bug while observing the world through a rifle scope, though on the whole, this is certainly a very welcome update.

Thanks go out to the folks at Bohemia Interactive!

• Like 1

That is great to hear. I was on a 50 mans server kill people in the apartments and was getting 15-30 fps when I run 60-100 so maybe this will improve some of the larger server performace issues.

Bad version, server rejected connection.

I bet it's great in-game.

Edited by Athrins

Sounds very impressive.

Have been in the steady 35-45 fps range so far, and it's been playable. It would be nice to actually match my monitor refresh rate, however.

Looking forward to this.

Great news, updated server so lets testing begin.

Edited by IKShadow

OP is talking about rev. 95168 right?

Am I seriously alone in getting "Bad version, server rejected connection"? Maybe I'm retarded or just blind, but I can't find any solution to this. I've looked through the threads about the beta updates, did everything you can do relating to battleeye and beta patches (reinstalling, replacing files, auto-patching, over and over with all the different relevant versions, etc).

Can anyone give me a pointer here?

Can't download the usual way. Weird.

edit: Worked the 8th time I clicked.

Edited by Super67_

Am I seriously alone in getting "Bad version, server rejected connection"? Maybe I'm retarded or just blind, but I can't find any solution to this. I've looked through the threads about the beta updates, did everything you can do relating to battleeye and beta patches (reinstalling, replacing files, auto-patching, over and over with all the different relevant versions, etc).

Can anyone give me a pointer here?

you have either both or one of the following problems.

#1: the server you are trying to connect you have a lower beta patch installed then you.

#2: you Battleeye havent been updated (it might not recognise the new beta patch), so you need to download the newsest version, but i dont know if the dudes at Battleeye have updated their newest build to accommodate the lastest beta patch.

Is it backward-compatible, tho? I know some of the patches are, I'm running 95099 on a 95054 server with no problems.

Oh hell. I'm going to try it out, anyway.

I'm pretty sure that at least some beta patches are not backwards compatible. I've had to drop back to earlier beta versions a couple of times because my favorite servers had not updated yet.

what is the user name and password for the beta patch download site?

3 days ago you didnt need one

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Thanks

hmmm, edit, its seems if you copy just the link to the download it doesnt ask for password

Edited by GunzBlazin

You don't need one, but if it doesn't work upon clicking it, then just right click and 'save link as'

I'm pretty sure that at least some beta patches are not backwards compatible. I've had to drop back to earlier beta versions a couple of times because my favorite servers had not updated yet.

Yea, I'm downloading it (very slowly) from BI's ftp, but I just checked their forums and found out it's NOT backwards-compatible. So, until my home servers update, I'll be sticking to 95099.

18 servers as of this writing updated to 95168 so far out of 2000

55 are 95099

Edited by GunzBlazin

I hope servers update to this soon, because I've been having a lot of problems with the previous one 95054

Keeps asking me for Password and User.... any other way?

Right-click and save the link (from what they posted here, I just kept spamming it until it didn't ask)

Ok, i ran the beta update, but my version still says 95099.... Any ideas?

Are you using Steam?

If so, copy arma2oa.exe from (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta) and paste it into here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead). Copy and replace the file and then use this in the launch options on steam: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion