Sign in to follow this  
Gashed

I can't find an M107, DMR or any other sniper rifle.

I work nights so I have the advantage of having a tonne of empty servers (Literally noone but me) to play on and loot to my hearts content every morning. Every day I check the fire stations in EVERY town, I hit up balota airstrip and military tents, And then starry and NWAF. The only sniper rifle I've ever found was an M24 in a tent @ starry sobor. Never found one before or since that day.

Where do you find YOUR rifles?

I should note that I often find upwards of 30 AK's (of different models, AKSU and Kobra etc) and tonnes of backpacks. Never found ghillie suit either.. Just today I found 4 Crashed heli's none with snipers or ghillies, only FAL's and SAW's.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Am I just extremely unlucky?

Edited by Gashed

this has been the cause for me as of lately, it seems that if you're on a more populated server the loot is better, low pop servers you get the run of the mill ak and an occasional m4 cco. thats just my opinion though

• Like 1

Unlucky indeed.

Found several DMRs at Military Tents in Chern, in Deer Stands, at the Airstrip and NWAirfield. As well as AS50's and M107s at Heli crashes.

• Like 1

If you want to know the details of spawn locations, consult the following loot list (spoiler alert) http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

You're looking in the right places. In general, wrecked choppers and military structures (including deerstands) are whrere to look, and it's just an odds game. I found the DMR I'm using now in a Deerstand. Was i ever pleased!!!!

• Like 1

Sniper rifle % are extremely low ..by far the easiest to find are in heli crash sites or barns for the lowest level I recommend you take a look at dayzdb.com's map it shows some percentages ...not sure how accurate but it seems to be pretty close.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the info guys. Will continue my search in hopes of the fabled Anti Material Rifle. So does low population affect loot? :o

Found an AS50 just before 1.7.2 and it was lost with the update. Found an M107,x1FAL with night scope,x2 FAL and x1 M14 last night plus a GPS. I'd say the choppa crashes are working as intended. I want another L85AWS but AFAIK its not in game right now due to issues.

Found an AS50 just before 1.7.2 and it was lost with the update. Found an M107,x1FAL with night scope,x2 FAL and x1 M14 last night plus a GPS. I'd say the choppa crashes are working as intended. I want another L85AWS but AFAIK its not in game right now due to issues.

L85 is working fine on 1.7.2.3.

I don't think population has anything to do with it, but if you have multiple players entering a certain radius of a loot area, it will "reset" its goods provided that enough time has passed- it's possible that this happens more when there are more people.

Barns are good for the beginner sniper rifle (CZ550), and there is a small chance to find a sniper rifle in a deer stand. Other than that, military tents also have a small chance, barracks have a small chance, and helicopter crash sites have a small but slightly larger chance.

The most consistent way to do it in my opinion is to find a good sniping spot (hills north of Stary Sobor or surrounding NW Cherno or Elektro) and quietly wait for a bandit sniper to appear and kill noobs; just sneak up behind them and you'll be dealing justice and getting your gear at the same time!

Considering that all sniper rifles are very rare, I'd recommend hitting up helicopter crash sites since they have a very high chance of spawning at those. Idea area to search is the area north of starry.

I would recommend getting that idea out of your head that if you search hard enough you will find what you are looking for. Instead, play the game. Hunt. Kill. Survive. And if it so happens that you come across a DMR in a deer stand or lift it from the corpse of someone you murdered with an ax, do a back flip. Take what you get, and make it work.

Where do you find YOUR rifles?

If you're lucky enough to come across tents in the wilderness, definitely peek in and see if they have anything worth borrowing. The airfields are hostile, but there's a good chance you can snatch up a sniper rifle there (among countless other assault rifles, of course). Deer stands are ok, but often you just encounter ammo or trash there. Only enter one of these when you're entirely sure there's no one around.

Thanks for all of the info guys. Will continue my search in hopes of the fabled Anti Material Rifle. So does low population affect loot? :o

((Oh I have that rifle WHAT.)) I believe servers can edit how much loot is around. I accidentally entered a medium-pop veteran server and I found countless backpacks and food just lying around in the general vicinity. I'm not sure, though.

I recommend, looting deer stands. Especially above kamenka area. There are 3 deer stands that are like 5+ minutes walk from each other. Loot one. Take everything, Then drop what you don't need half way to the next deer stand. repeat, you will go in a full triangle between the 3 deer stands. Hopefully the loot spawns by the time you get there.

Last time i did this, was next to stary. Me and a friend were going for a deer stand. SO i decide to just take everything out of it. Drop it off at the tents. Then head to another deer stand. I then head to the first one i went to, and found a m4cco. It was no more than 20min since the first time I looted it.

((Oh I have that rifle WHAT.)) I believe servers can edit how much loot is around. I accidentally entered a medium-pop veteran server and I found countless backpacks and food just lying around in the general vicinity. I'm not sure, though.

They cannot, it is controlled by Rocket.

Heli crash site is the best place for sniper rifles. First time I came across a M107 was from one of them. I regretted not picking it up as I thought about the benefits of having a backup long range weapon.

Few days later, I came across another heli crash which had 2 DMRs with heaps of rounds. :)

I found a M107 at a heli crash on my way to NWAF with 2 mags put it in my backpack & continued on. Got to the airfield found a DMR with 2 mags + 5 more mags in the surrounding area. Decided to drop the M107 as I already had a M4CCO with 4 mags having never fired the 50cal. It was a difficult decision but i figured the DMR had way more ammo & the 50cal mags seem to be too few & far between.

I probably shouldnt mention this as most people find this out from experience but if you start in cherno or elektro (middle ish of the map) and walk all the way north to the airfield then sooner or later you are bound to find a heli site. Happened to me on several occasions. If i really want an m107 or as50 ill hike a bit along that route. Personally though i dont have a pref, i can snipe just aswell with the CZ550 and M24 which to date is still my favorite sniper rifle. Ofcourse, if you go looking for something specific then murphys law hits you in the face and you might not find it.