Sign in to follow this  
RaedwulfGamer

DISABLE HUD? - For Recording

Is there a way to Disable hud? Or zoom out of the character? Like a free view?.. Please help..I have a great idea for a video series and if I can do this it will make it all the better

Guess you could play on one of the veteran servers?

I feel pretty safe in saying that there is currently no way of turning off the hud atm. I agree with you though, I really want to be able to for filming purposes. I've experimented with cropping the screen in my vids, but the end result leaves a lot to be desired.

I have seen it mentioned on these forums that rocket wants to remove chat and the debug screen though, but take that with a grain of salt until you see an official response.

Ah I see. I somehow figured it may have not been an option right now..would explain why I can't find it in a simple google search. Thank you for your reply by the way. I have also taken your approach in cropping the video;

<--these are the results

I´m looking forward for the global chat and the debug monitor to be removed. I find the chat very distracting and it disrupts the immersion.

You can try turning your hud to very small, restarting your game, then set it to a bigger size, and crop the little that it shows. If you set it larger w/o restarting, it barely shows around the edges of the screen.

I remember rocket saying that he had to make some changes to the actual game files to remove the HUD to make the DayZ trailer. I don't think this option is available to us.