Sign in to follow this  
Tobeh

Disastrous Framerate

Well to start off my specs are

Intel i7 quad core 2 GHz

Nvidia GT540M

8gb ram

It is an acer 5750G laptop

Im playing this game on lowest setting on everything and still i can only achieve 6-8 fps while gaming which makes it un-playable

i have no idea how to fix this...

Btw i have the same dps no matter what quality i play with

are you forcing anything through the NVCP in either the global or game specific profiles?

Hi there,

Since patch 1.7.3 I have a very low framerate.

I always played the game on high settings, it worked really smooth. The passed few days, since patch 1.7.3 came out I believe, I'm having a very low FPS.

I tried diffrent settings (low etc..) but it doesn't help. It is really unplayable this way.

As I said, it worked on high settings before, very smoothly.

Am I the only one having this problem since the patch? Or at least the passed few days?

I have 2 pc's, both having this problem.

Cheers,

Firense

are you forcing anything through the NVCP in either the global or game specific profiles?

Explain? i did not really understand that :)

Explain? i did not really understand that :)

Right click your desktop. Select NVIDIA Control Panel. Select Manage 3D Settings. Make sure Global Settings tab is selected. Make sure AA settings say Application-Controlled.

Some suggestions. Disable Ambient Occlusion as that is a performance hog, even to high end rigs with this game. Also disable Transparency AA. Select Single Display Performance Mode and Power settings to Prefer Maximum Performance. Also turn VSYNC on so your GPU isn't trying to work 100% all of the time.

Try that and there is a couple of other tweaks you can do, I can post them if you want if that seems not to help you.

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 2

Try with the latest Arma2 beta patch on client and on server that is running it.

• Like 1

Was not better... jumping between 8 9 and 10 fps.. its impossible to play like this

Thanks for all help so far though :)

Edited by Tobeh

Do you play on the same server? I have had terrible lags due to server being a bit wonky and possibly needing a restart.

Try a few different servers if you haven't already.

Oh i have tried ALOT of servers.. no differance,

My pc should handle this game right :s?

I forgot to mention, check Program Settings tab to see if there is an ArmA 2: OA profile set them to use Global.

In the Video Options in game make sure Video Memory Size is set to Default. And AA either to Off or Low.

Open your ArmA 2 config files (both of them) located @ C:\Users\USERNAME\My Documents\ArmA 2 and edit these lines:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

ArmA2OA only for these:

AToC=0;

PPAA=3;

PPAA_Level=1;

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 1

dont put on lowest quality, that is allwase bad, it causes allmost the same fram rate as highst, search a video setup gud for day z idid, it realy helped me

Simjedi:

I did that but im still under 10 fps

Simjedi:

I did that but im still under 10 fps

I'm having the same, or similar problem as you are. I've reset my control panel settings entirely, and made sure the global settings provided above were disabled. My card is a Asus nvidia GTX 550 TI 1GB, with a quadcore AMD processor. From what I understand, this card is supposed to be able to run full graphics on Arma 2.

For Day Z, I barely get anything over 20fps on LOWEST settings. I get excellent FPS on most games I play.

I'll continue to search for an answer, when I do, I will post it here.

That's most of the big ones. Try cleaning up with CCleaner and defraging also. ArmA pulls a lot from your hard drive while playing. You can also try using GameBooster to shut down un-needed services and programs.

As na8200 suggested, try some of your settings set to high as setting some of them on low will hand duties off to your CPU instead of the GPU.

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 1

damn, nothing is working, i guess its a wasted 20 euros D: meh, thanks for all help guys..