Sign in to follow this  
Vaxis

Ammo Counters & Rarity

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted a suggestion like this, but I love this mod and wanted to throw in my two cents as well. I'm coming from a realism standpoint, so if you don't agree with me then that's fine.

My suggestion is to increase the rarity of ammunition by decreasing the amount of bullets you get in a box - it makes more sense to find a half empty box of shotgun shells laying in the dirt as opposed to a full one. I wouldn't mind picking up boxes of shells every five minutes if I were adding to a supply, rather than gathering full boxes each time.

As for ammunition counters, I'm not sure if the ArmA II engine will allow it or not. I'd like to see a counter on the box of ammo, or a way to inspect a box to see how many shells are inside. As it is, I find so much shotgun ammo that I find myself trying to weed out the half empty ones for the full ones.

Also, it'd be great to be able to combine boxes. It'd make the effort of scavenging for ammo feel a lot more like scavenging - finding a few shotgun shells here and there to add to a box, rather than overloading us with boxes upon boxes of full ones.