Sign in to follow this  
Harkink

Toxic, a new dimension.

Hey everyone, I have a feeling that the game is rather easy. If you're known with the game you can get the best gear in just a matter of minutes. If you die you make sure you respawn at Cherno or Elektro, you do a simple route through the city and you end up with basically everything you can wish for. The chances of getting shot in those cities are higher, but since you just respawned it doesn't matter because you have nothing to lose.

I was thinking of something that makes it unable to loot those important areas without good gear, since you actually have something to worry about then.

Basically the idea is that the other countries in the world tried to stop the zombies by dropping toxic gasses/bombs in the important areas. Areas such as Cherno, Elektro, the airfields, Stary Sobor, Berezino, Solnichniy, Krasnostav and other spots that people use to gear up in just a few minutes. But the toxic fumes didn't kill the zombies, they made them stronger. In those important areas the zomies should be stronger. Make them a lot stronger, so they are actually a challenge. In cities people just run inside a building and shoot the zombies 1 by 1 untill they're all dead. Maybe it's even possible that the toxic fumes increased the amount of zombies, so you'll get overwhelmed by huge amounts of zombies running after you if you get spotted. If you're sitting in that church and suddenly 30 extra hardened zombies come walking in you'll start sweating.

Maybe it's possible to actually add the hanging fumes, to reduce the vision. People would scavenge those cities, but they never know who might appear from the fumes... is it a zombie, is it a player or is it just a road sign? The fact that you can't see everything around you gives you that extra horror feeling.

Another aspect that I'd love to see is adding gasmasks. If you enter those toxic areas without gasmask/special protection you'd end up either sick or dead. People can no longer respawn at Elektro and run through the city for 30 min to get the best gear. Now they'll have to search for gasmasks first, which shouldn't be too easy to spawn. In their quest for the gasmask they'd gain better gear and they are less likely to just run throught the cities, instead they'd be carefull/sneaky and they'll actually try to survive.

People without gasmasks would have to survive in the wilderniss and loot small villages and deerstands untill they get a gasmask. Then they can head to the important areas to get the good stuff. Because of the effort it took them to get that gas mask they are less likely to just run through the cities, but they'll actually put some effort in surviving.

These are just a couple of ideas that I'd think would be a great addition to dayz. Let me know what ya'll think.

It would just be Metro 2033 with zombies online then.

I'd quite like that, and I also quite like the OP's idea

I've never player Metro, but ain't that about hiding in underground metro stations and stuff like that?