This is my 3rd day so excuse the question. Right now I'm looting Starry and I found

AK-74

M1014

and an M9SD (Using a M1911 atm)

Which should I take, AK/M101 and M9SD/M1911

I would take the M1014 and the M9SD personally, but the AK-74 is fine as well.

I appreciate the advice could you give some reasoning? I haven't used any of them so I'm on the edge on selecting.

Id rather go with a hatchet than take a shotgun. I dont know, they seem to be rather useless to me since i ever encounter other players at ranges of 50+ meters and the gun is useless around zombies since i almost always avoid them and sneak around Solid Snake style.

Take the AK74, it'll be more versatile against players especially. Remember to switch to semi-auto mode (default fire mode on AK's is auto, contrary to western style weapons), as you'll go through your clips pretty fast on auto. Make a habit out of aiming single shots well. As for the pistol issue, I'd go with the 1911...more power and a lot more easily found ammo. The fact the M9 is silenced is good, but still...as a anti-zed weapon the 1911 is quiet enough.

Edited by Mercator

Id rather go with a hatchet than take a shotgun. I dont know, they seem to be rather useless to me since i ever encounter other players at ranges of 50+ meters and the gun is useless around zombies since i almost always avoid them and sneak around Solid Snake style.

Fair enough. I might end up taking the AK, tried it out on some zombies and it's phenomenally accurate at long distance without giving my position away and causing aggro.

Still wondering about the pistols, but I have room in my pack to take them both so that's not a big deal. I admire the "Super quiet" silencer on the M9SD but it takes 2-3 shots and has rare ammo. The m1911 may not be as quiet but it has saved my bacon quite a few times and ammo is extremely common

I'd stay with the M1911. I love that gun to bits. Though it's probably because I'm using a M4 CCO SD, so I have no need for the M9SD's silencer capability.

I'd take the 74, even though I hate AK's with a passion, as the shotgun, it just... If you're not in a city, you're gonna get wrecked by anyone with a few hundred metres on you.

Alright, I grabbed both pistols since I'm not in immediate need of inventory space and took the AK which is a nice boost up from an Einfield.

How do I swap to semiauto? Nvm figured it out

Edited by Keylime314

Changing your firing mode is "F".

I would also say AK over shotgun, and personally I would trade up to an AKM if possible. As for the pistol the 1911. M9SD is nice for the silencer but you will come across ammo so rarely that it will be next to useless, whereas the 1911 has probably the most commonly found ammo in the game. The 1911 is normally my Zed killing weapon even if I have a great primary weapon because it is a 1 shot kill with relatively low noise.

Here is all you need for weapon comparisons. :)

BuY29.jpg

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 1

I like the AK-74 over the M1014 due to the abundance of AK Magazines.

For pistols, I always pick the M1911 over anything else I find. .45 ACP take 1 round to kill zombies compared to 3 from the 9mm family. That means 1 magazine of ACP is easily equal to 2+ magazines for the other pistols. When taking into account the killing of players, the M1911 is far better than any of the 9mm pistols.

So, AK-74+M1911 from me.

But I would suggest finding an AKM, or Lee Enfield for the damage, or any M16/M4 variant for use with Stanag SD magazines if you find them. M16s are fun to fire at unknowing players near towns. The lack of sound tends to make them freak out. The lack of damage sometimes causes them to ignore you for far too long, but most just disconnect after the first round lands.

(NOTE: SD Magazines stop zombies from aggroing on you, but without a suppressor on the weapon they do NOT reduce the sound. Players can still hear you)

My new weapon of choice is the Hatchet.

It is a one-hit kill on Zeds, completely silent, and it uses zero ammo. (techinically)

I ran around with it all last night and didn't need to use my revolver once!

You can even sneak up behind zeds close enough to stealth kill them, and if you miss your first shot, it's pretty low cool-down, so it's not hard to get a second shot off before you get hit..

I don't recommend trying to pvp with nothing but the hatchet, but if you've got an m1911 or revolver for backup, it's pretty win. :)

Are you certain that chart is accurate? It lists the Crossbow as being louder than the Bizon, MP5SD, and M4SD. And that just doesnt seem right, because the crossbow has always seemed to be as close to completely silent as is possible.