Sign in to follow this  
grio

People need to back off!

*shrug*

All I can say is' date=' my philosophy is to walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him. There are only three people who understand the full architecture of the system. There are only five team members of our server team, none of them are teenagers, all of them very qualified, together they are the ones who provide around half off all the provided servers.

We chose those people because they had trusted so much to us with gifting their servers, and they were the most familiar with the operation of the servers.

Just because someone is knowledgeable with Windows hosting, or running an ArmA2 server, does not mean they will be any good at dealing with the DayZ servers. A significant amount of hackery is involved and much of the interactions is complex and fraught with difficulty. The greatest difficulty we have is with server administrators who take matters into their own hands, and that has been the source of the last two major data corruption issues.

As I said, if you want to administrate the servers without providing RDP access then that is fine, and it is our preferred management method. However, this does mean that instead of us coming in to fix the server when there is a problem, the server will be blacklisted and unable to connect to the central system.

Those that we manage directly, we try to have a standardized layout with everything the same - regardless of how retarded that configuration is. We lost several admins today because of the abuse they received, which means that I have had to delayed the release of the update yet again.

I think, given how I can see you feel from your posts, my recommendation would be that you take a break from hosting DayZ until it is more stable. This would save yourself, and the team here, from much unneeded frustration and difficulty.

[/quote']

I like this mod. Like the rest of you I really want this patch to come out. I don't like hearing of players making such a fuss it interferes with rocket and the admin team.

Sever owners abusing their powers.

People Abusing the dev and admin team has only interfered with the progress.

Interesting but also a damn shame on how they have had such interference to where even the public won't see a release yet, but what has happened has happened and we move on from that.

Give em as much time as they need and enjoy what you have now.

The entitlement of server hosts and those giving server donations is stupid and completely misses the point. You've been given an opportunity to have so many servers. 99.9% of alpha tests have limited play times, extremely limited servers...

Stop bitching about the server hosting, before you ruin this and have DayZ turn into a limited alpha, with limited servers, or god forbid... 'Alpha weekends'.

*shrug*

All I can say is' date=' my philosophy is to walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him. There are only three people who understand the full architecture of the system. There are only five team members of our server team, none of them are teenagers, all of them very qualified, together they are the ones who provide around half off all the provided servers.

Sever owners abusing their powers.

People Abusing the dev and admin team has only interfered with the progress.

[/quote']

Interesting post , but what is the source/thread cuz i wanna know exactly what led up to this and its not entirely clear from that post.

Yeah now drama with UK 11 is just even adding to it.

Heard of the straw that broke the horse's back?

If we can help as a community to not hound the admin/dev team we can prevent a lot of drama and create an overall better community for this mod.

AND ONCE AGAIN IT'S THE FAULT OF THE SO-CALLED " ADMINS " AND THE SERVER HOSTERS

QUICK, THROW THEM ROCKS, QUICK !

So fucking pathetic. If DayZ is now so popular, it's mainly because there's people out there willing to pay without asking nothing in exchange ( admins can't even kick someone to enter their own server without dramas and threats lol ) .

It's getting so damn old, i literally don't want to host anymore. Plain pathetic. It's like everyone is spitting on hosters face, and i'm past sick of that bullshit.

AND ONCE AGAIN IT'S THE FAULT OF THE SO-CALLED " ADMINS " AND THE SERVER HOSTERS

QUICK' date=' THROW THEM ROCKS, QUICK !

So fucking pathetic. If DayZ is now so popular, it's mainly because there's people out there willing to pay without asking nothing in exchange [i']( admins can't even kick someone to enter their own server without dramas and threats lol ) .

It's getting so damn old, i literally don't want to host anymore. Plain pathetic. It's like everyone is spitting on hosters face, and i'm past sick of that bullshit.

If an admin isn't making unauthorized changes then they are doing a great job and won't get called out on the forum. However if they are screwing things up by doing stuff they are not supposed to be doing then why is it wrong to say so publicly in the hopes that other admins get the message not to?

It's not like the devs would make up the fact that they have had to spend a lot of time fixing things caused by some rogue admins. What would they have to gain from doing that?

Yeah now drama with UK 11 is just even adding to it.

Heard of the straw that broke the horse's back?

If we can help as a community to not hound the admin/dev team we can prevent a lot of drama and create an overall better community for this mod.

what about UK 11 ?