Adam (DayZ)

DayZ Update 1.4

This update has been replaced by 1.4.3.

We are rolling out the new 1.4 update over the next hour that brings a few major changes.

Affected addons:

* dayz_code

* dayz

Changelog:

* [FIXED] PVP cooldown still activated on death (should be cleared so can respawn)

* [FIXED] Backpack exploitable on disconnect

* [FIXED] People can exploit unsaved states by disconnecting or alt+F4 before save

* [FIXED] Characters with alot in their backpack/inventory not able to connect (stuck at loading)

* [FIXED] Fires can be placed in really screwed places

* [FIXED] Tents require too long distance from other items

* [FIXED] Multiple people can gut one animal

* [NEW] All statistics now syncronized on disconnection, as well as regulary

* [NEW] Players now have lower humanity when they kill survivors (-30) and bandits (-5)

* [NEW] Players will change model to a Bandit when their humanity drops below 100

* [NEW] Removed Space Bar binding

* [NEW] Removed automatic respawn (more trouble than its worth) - players must go to player selection and back

* [NEW] PTT is disabled for "All, Side, Command" and enabled for "Direct, Group, Vehicle"

* [NEW] Offline Hunger/Thirst removed. You will still consume food/water, but running out will not screw you

* [NEW] ~200 static objects added to Chernogorsk

* [NEW] ~100 static objects added to Stary Sobor

* [NEW] Tented camps now may spawn loot

Important Notes:

* You will need to Bind a key for Direct Communication Push to Talk (PTT) if you want to use PTT, as it has been disabled for every use except direct, group, and vehicle. To do this, go into controls and set Push to Talk Direct to the key you wish to map (such as the CAPS LOCK key)

I really like the idea of the model change to bandits, I didn't even know there was a "humanity" measurement.

I really like the idea of the model change to bandits' date=' I didn't even know there was a "humanity" measurement.

[/quote']

It's just been added.

What was the problem?

Its with the way that the model-change works with the connection to the database, meaning that it needs more careful consideration.

cool stuff! I just updated to1.4, but i guess there are delayed so i had to rollback to 1.3. Looking forward to the good work love the server!

Thanks for the situation update. Just a quick question - on mediafire the newest dayz_v1.2 still remains. Do we keep this and just revert the old dazy_code_v1.3.3 back into the AddOns folder, or also use the older dayz.pbo?

Cheers.

edit: what he said^

Should we roll back the dayz_v1.2.RAR as well as the code_1.3.3?

Awesome, can you explain the humanity system a little more?

If I have this right, you kill a human and get -30, and once you kill more than 3 humans your outfit turns into a bandit? Is this correct?

I'm not sure if this is part of the new update - must be server update. But now the names aren't visible for players and there's no crosshair. This is an excellent addition! No longer will you be able to spot others easily at night, and the lack of crosshair adds to the realism. Kudos!

I believe those are server settings. US3 and US4, hosted by UO, have crosshairs and 3rd person turned off.

True.. I noticed the cross hair to. I think it was for 1.4 or a glitch during the rollback. I installed 1.4 and played about rougly 30 seconds of it. Looks like you will have to kill a lot more humanity starts at 1000 if I saw right. I really like 1.4. Can't wait for its release.

I think the UO settings should be on most of the servers to be honest.

Awesome update guys, I am waiting...

Can't wait till the bugs are ironed out :)

As a member of UO I can honestly say with complete bias, that playing on any server but US3 or US4 is easy mode. 3rd person and cross hairs makes the game much more like a silly arcade shooter. on US3 and US4 you have to communicate with people to know who they are, you have to know how to aim and use your weapon, and its just that much scarier not knowing whats right behind you.