Sign in to follow this  
j.olimon@yahoo.com

member of DoA on LA10 ghosting and killed most of our squad

DoA | Vegas3t from www.disciplesofanarchy.com started ghosting on our squad after we killed him once and his justification is that we talked 'crap' when we killed him. We use TS so he couldnt hear us nor what we said when we killed him which would have been our nerve wracked frantic call outs to figure out if he was alone since I was being shot. there was a lot of lagging on our end while he picked us off so that could be desync or hacking not sure, but the only way we were able to get out of there with some of our stuff and a vehicle was by checking when he was loading the game everytime he ghosted. He did it about 3 times moving from on place to another as well as alt+f4ing as our driver was 3 feet from running him over. We also believe he is an admin and is completely breaking the rules. we're in the process of moving all of our stuff away from that server since we play legitimately. the server also had a couple restarts soon after this whole dilemma.

http://imgur.com/9bnP6 this is him and his 'reasoning' for it, saying ghosting is dirty but not illegal....

if I recall...... http://dayzmod.com/f...to-avoid-death/

edit - this happened on LA10 formerly US 608, and it was a little after 2:20am

post-59823-0-68771200-1342695173_thumb.p

Edited by xJROC79x
  • Like 1

What a douche.

Indeed, definitely some actions should be taken against their server. He tries to justify his actions by us "shit talking" (Which as mentioned before isn't possible because none of us use in game chat)

• Like 1

You should post the Reddit thread where he's defending his actions.

Pure gold.

• Like 1

Here is some further proof that they are encouraging this.. Another admin of their clan is commending him for doing what he did with a "high five".

http://tinypic.com/r/verghf/6

There's only one admin on the server, and that's me.

You're all pathetic for trying to take it this far. You're out for blood for something over a video game. In one of your posts you said it wasn't personal, but if it wasn't personal, why is this still even being discussed?

Ban me, I'll buy another account. Already have two. I love DayZ. Take my money.

I may or may not be reading the description of the situation correctly, but it sounds like, despite any lag, you had time to react to any shots fired at you, yet you stayed to fight an enemy that, if I'm correct, you couldn't even see for a short period of time. And I highly doubt the lag was so terrible that you couldn't even drive away, I've never seen lag That bad.

So, wouldn't that make this entire situation mostly your fault then?

Correct me if you will, that's just the first assumption I drew.

Edited by -Epsilon

I may or may not be reading the description of the situation correctly, but it sounds like, despite any lag, you had time to react to any shots fired at you, yet you stayed to fight an enemy that, if I'm correct, you couldn't even see for a short period of time. And I highly doubt the lag was so terrible that you couldn't even drive away, I've never seen lag That bad.

So, wouldn't that make this entire situation mostly your fault then?

Correct me if you will, that's just the first assumption I drew.

There were 7 of us, and only about 3 other people on the server.. Yes we stayed around with one person shooting at us. We had an AS50, and an M107 covering the fields, an MK48, 3 M14s and an AKM.. No one on that server was going to beat us in a firefight legitimately. We weren't going to leave once our friend with an AS50 had died, we aren't losing that weapon.

Edited by The Hamburglar

There were 7 of us, and only about 3 other people on the server.. Yes we stayed around with one person shooting at us. We had an AS50, and an M107 covering the fields, an MK48, 3 M14s and an AKM.. No one on that server was going to beat us in a firefight legitimately. We weren't going to leave once our friend with an AS50 had died, we aren't losing that weapon.

But I am correct when I say that you stayed around for a fight that you assumed you'd win, only because you thought that you could effectively defend yourselves, which apparently you couldn't.

And honestly if you're that concerned about losing one gun in particular (which is funny because it's better sportsmanship to not get too attached to your equipment), then it would have made more sense just to get out of the line of fire and let your snipers take him out from spots He couldn't see Them.

You're flaming somebody to hell because you backed them into a corner when clearly they had the same will to live as you, but they didn't have the same means as you to survive. I feel that if you would've played it smarter with your combat tactics, none of this would have happened. And again I'm surprised you didn't, considering you care so much about a virtual gun.

Wait, what? You're defending the exploiter because he was out-gunned? Fairly? And you're saying that the 7-person clan should be smarter? Against exploits? Just because they wanted to keep a relatively rare gun? I mean, if I had 7 people backing me up, and we were facing only 1 person, and we had an AS50 at stake, I would take that situation every time. And I would flame the shit out of the person who cheated me out of it.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, because that post seemed slightly idiotic.

Edited by ShinySnack

Wait, what? You're defending the exploiter because he was out-gunned? Fairly? And you're saying that the 7-person clan should be smarter? Against exploits? Just because they wanted to keep a relatively rare gun? I mean, if I had 7 people backing me up, and we were facing only 1 person, and we had an AS50 at stake, I would take that situation every time. And I would flame the shit out of the person who cheated me out of it.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, because that post seemed slightly idiotic.

I'm not exactly defending the exploiter, what he did wasn't fair either. Neither side was fair in this situation, one was outgunned, the other used exploits. But if I'm understanding the OP correctly, they were being fired at from an enemy that they didn't have a bead on, but still decided it was a good idea to stick around, despite the fact that they knew the possibility of being killed was decently high. In my opinion, that's not very smart in the first place. Guns can be replaced, if you put enough work or were lucky enough to find one at all. I wouldn't risk dying and losing more just because of one gun. But because they assumed they could save the weapon, one person was forced to use exploits.

I'm not trying to defend either side, I'm saying this whole situation could have been avoided, if the exploiter didn't use exploits, or if the squad didn't try to fight an unseen enemy. Neither decision was smart in my opinion.

Things like this that just make DayZ seem like a game that's either unfair to new players, or riddled with cheaters.

I'm not exactly defending the exploiter, what he did wasn't fair either. Neither side was fair in this situation, one was outgunned, the other used exploits. But if I'm understanding the OP correctly, they were being fired at from an enemy that they didn't have a bead on, but still decided it was a good idea to stick around, despite the fact that they knew the possibility of being killed was decently high. In my opinion, that's not very smart in the first place. Guns can be replaced, if you put enough work or were lucky enough to find one at all. I wouldn't risk dying and losing more just because of one gun. But because they assumed they could save the weapon, one person was forced to use exploits.

I'm not trying to defend either side, I'm saying this whole situation could have been avoided, if the exploiter didn't use exploits, or if the squad didn't try to fight an unseen enemy. Neither decision was smart in my opinion.

Things like this that just make DayZ seem like a game that's either unfair to new players, or riddled with cheaters.

They might very well have seen him, but he ghosted. Which means he can move freely on another server just to spawn behind them, and then move away again, without them having a change to spot him.

And it's a fair fight - this game is about survival, groups have a higher chance of surviving.

People can't ghost for real, but people can group up. Ghosting is an exploit that should be dealt with harshly.

Yes, we were fired on first, but no, we weren't fighting an enemy we couldn't see. We quickly tracked him down, and ran him over. Then shot him with a 50 cal. Then ran him over again. There is nothing wrong with team play, in fact, we were expecting for one of us to get shot because we were being reckless, it was bound to happen. The difference is we were not worried about our losses, because worst case we pick up the loot, place it in the car, and quickly go pick up the player we lost. We had it under control. Most Sane people would not have engaged a 7 person group if they were solo, its a suicide mission. The problem here is that this player was willing to do it because he didn't have to worry about the risks because he is a cheater.

Playing in a group isn't unfair. like Juggernut said, people can group up in real life; and it is effective, but you cant teleport around and disconnect to avoid death.

They might very well have seen him, but he ghosted. Which means he can move freely on another server just to spawn behind them, and then move away again, without them having a change to spot him.

And it's a fair fight - this game is about survival, groups have a higher chance of surviving.

People can't ghost for real, but people can group up. Ghosting is an exploit that should be dealt with harshly.

To that extent I'll agree, but in all honesty I just hate situations like this. They put the game in a bad light and put off people from trying it out in fear of having similar encounters, either with COD type squads of people armed with military grade weaponry (which in my opinion seems a bit out of place in a rural Russian countryside), or people willing to break the system just to survive.

And that brings me to another question: If we all believe that cheaters should simply be banned or told to cease, why was this situation posted on Reddit? That doesn't seem like an appropriate place to do anything related to stopping the cheater, just seems like somebody wanted attention and apparently was out for blood. I'm all for people who are attacked by cheaters wanting to put a stop to their ways, but that Reddit thread just puts off some credibility I had for the OP. It makes him seem immature and like a person who can't handle things like this properly. And at the same time, once again, puts the game in a bad light, but to an even larger community.

edit: And to add to that, I visited that thread on the DoA website, and I'm just curious, but why did JROC white out his name? That seems really strange to me.

Edited by -Epsilon
  • Like 1

now before i say anything and you try and prove me as bias because im part of DoA and i know vegas yada yada yada im gonna say straight up that im not. ive seen this kind of "witch hunt" as i see it in another clan im in cause someone forgot to change their tampon. im not condoning what vegas did by ANY means since it is an exploit in the game but at the same time you cant sit there and say that your an angel and that youve never done it aswell. for you to sit there and get in a fit cause someone used a cheap "tactic" i guess you could say to get back at your for killing them in, what i might remind you is a VIDEO GAME, and to say that youve never done what hes done in some sort of way for personal gain is just complete bull.

i believe that epsilon has pointed out two really good points. if you KNEW he was using this exploit to kill you guys why the hell didnt you just log off yourself and just go to a different server to get rid of this headache and be done with it? there were as you say 7 of you and to blame lag for your horrid tactics/aim is also laughable.

and if, as you said, it didnt bother you to lose some equipment why would you make such a big fuss out of it to bring it to the whole world to see as opposed to just settling it on the DoA site in some sort of manner. i know you did go there but you went with hostile intent of flaming and figured hed get on his knees and grovel for your forgiveness. but once you brought it here you thought, hey why not make this into a bigger issue than it already is and take it to reddit. reddit? really? are we still in high school? for god sake its just a video game. its just one server out of how many that are running? i think that both parties, yes BOTH, should apologize and just put this in the past and steer clear from each other.

To that extent I'll agree, but in all honesty I just hate situations like this. They put the game in a bad light and put off people from trying it out in fear of having similar encounters, either with COD type squads of people armed with military grade weaponry (which in my opinion seems a bit out of place in a rural Russian countryside), or people willing to break the system just to survive.

And that brings me to another question: If we all believe that cheaters should simply be banned or told to cease, why was this situation posted on Reddit? That doesn't seem like an appropriate place to do anything related to stopping the cheater, just seems like somebody wanted attention and apparently was out for blood. I'm all for people who are attacked by cheaters wanting to put a stop to their ways, but that Reddit thread just puts off some credibility I had for the OP. It makes him seem immature and like a person who can't handle things like this properly. And at the same time, once again, puts the game in a bad light, but to an even larger community.

edit: And to add to that, I visited that thread on the DoA website, and I'm just curious, but why did JROC white out his name? That seems really strange to me.

Well for the "COD type squads of people armed with military grade weaponry", we were in the NWAF. Everyone who has been there knows it isn't exactly a friendly place; we weren't spawn killing or camping the coastline. People who head up in that area know that more often than not there will be trouble. If another group of players is a threat to you, then why not start a group of equal size to counter them? Honestly I don't personally know many people from our group as we were all acquainted in game.

As for the reddit post, i have been subscribed to that subreddit for a while, yet i had completely disregarded these forums. Naturally, I felt like the first place to post it would be in the dayz subreddit. It may have been harsh to expose him like that, but the whole idea behind publicizing it is to discourage this type of gameplay. The more people see how these exploits have a negative effect on the game, the more likely they will stop doing it (and the fear of being publicly denounced helps as well). Minutes after posting on reddit JROC thought about reporting it here on the official forums, so he did just that (as to the blanking out of his name, i have no idea). We may be putting the game in a bad light for you, and for us its the cheaters who do so. It's all perspective.

see the thing about the reddit post is, take a wild gander.... its not the OFFICIAL forums. i think im gonna take this to FB now since well it might expose him a bit better than where all the people go to DL the game. that logic seems sound right?

Sorry i wrote my response before your previous one was posted up so i didn't see it until now. I was gonna make a more civilized response to yours, and was going to concede that the flaming was excessive and all began because both parties were mad and took it too far. But apparently were continuing. I already stated that i posted on reddit as first response, and that i hadn't thought of the forums at the time. Honestly, I didn't see it as being out of place; you see it all the time on that subreddit. Like i said before, the point of this is to discourage exploiters from doing what they do, and what better way to show it than recount the stories about it to other players? I've read various stories, and sure I've dealt with alt+f4ers before, but not quite to this extent. It didn't hit me how badly it affects the game until this event. In all honesty, if my entire facebook friends list was composed of day z players, or if i was a streamer with a large follower base, i would have probably posted it on those platforms as well.

And no you're right. We arent all angels. If something in a tent get duplicated from a server reset, i'm not going to go out of my way to destroy it, after all this game is buggy. But i have also never gone out of my way to use an exploit to ruin the experience of the game for another.

but you have used an exploit for personal gain is my point and youre out on a witch hunt for someone who used it for revenge.

So since the game bugs out for everyone, exploiting to fuck people over is always justified. You may have to check your logic as well. There is NO situation in where a legitimate kill should enable someone to reciprocate illegitimate revenge, and i can assure you most of the Day z community will agree with me on that. Is it not his fault for walking into the lower fire station and getting shot? We didn't use exploits to kill him. I don't want vegas' head. I want all the alt f4'ers and hackers to be dealt with. Until Rocket is able to fix these problems, which are clearly not supposed to be part of the game, we (the community) have to be able to efficiently keep our game clean.

so since he "didnt have to walk in" then in return you guys didnt have to shoot seeing as you had the upper hand. as i mentioned in my first post i dont condone what he did and think it is stupid. what im getting at is if youre gonna go after him cause it effected you then you need to go out and defend all those that glitching has screwed over aswell. ive been killed like that where in NWAF i crept up on a guy in the barracks and waited for him to come out but he server hopped i went in to loot and he came back on outside the building and killed me for a rare weapon i had. but you dont see me crying on the forums cause its a game and there just isnt enough staff to manage this issue.

its a well known issue as jroc pointed out in his original post being said by rocket. if you want something done well start getting into the programming and help rocket out. otherwise get over it cause goin on a witch hunt isnt gonna solve a damn thing and just shed even more bad light onto the game.

see the thing about the reddit post is, take a wild gander.... its not the OFFICIAL forums. i think im gonna take this to FB now since well it might expose him a bit better than where all the people go to DL the game. that logic seems sound right?

My thoughts exactly. What's the sense in saying that the first place you "naturally" felt it should go is a website that originally is not related to DayZ at all instead of the forums that are connected to the Actual website of the mod? Sure it's a DayZ section of Reddit, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the first place people will go to find out about any cheaters or hackers. That's just ridiculous to say it actually had legitimate reason to be on Reddit first.