matheusvltt

How to make Survivors trust you?

I think the name of the thread is enough to understand. I'm finding harder now to lure people into thinking i'm some Good Guy Greg with a Bandit skin:D

ill trust you, we should meet, tell me the server, my nick name is sheep whats yours???

"Hey y'all! Just went through Stary, I left behind an M4... took some of the mags though, if anyone's interested"

Works like a charm, everybody loves a free M4.

As long as you're a bandit skin there is no earning trust from anyone. Just stalk around, be observant, and wait for your chance to strike.

Hmm and i thought those were real geniune concerned people who offered me m4s and blood trans

right in the innocence.

I think the name of the thread is enough to understand. I'm finding harder now to lure people into thinking i'm some Good Guy Greg with a Bandit skin:D

use things like teamspeak and vent to talk to them, it will add a more personal level to the interaction

Soon the bandit skin will dissapear, but I've gotten away by telling people I'm not a Bandit, I'm an adventurer, and I'll gladly lead people through the woods to a fort where I saw a map.

I've found that when someone asks while enter a town/city if there are friendlies, and you respond that you are technique still works some of the time. If they respond asking for help or to party up you have a bite. From there its all about the effort you put into making them trust you while not coming off as desperate, or shady. Mainly they need to take the bait.

: By them asking for help/party up they are the ones asking you to trust them. This puts you in position of the good but cautious survivor, and you should use it to ur full advantage.

:pick the location, this gives you control over the area, and prevents the survivor from (at least until its too late) seeing you. This also helps in the case of a bandit trying to bait you, they'll be less likely to head into a area you choose then if you give in and meet where they want.

:make small chat, put them at ease

: warn them of bandits in the area, true or not it will give them the idea that you have there health in mind, and are a good person.

:Lastly always remain in control, and be ready to cut the line If you feel the situation is getting out of hand.

So you make them trust you and then shoot them in the back while they are not looking?

Grow some fucking balls kids!

I understand if you kill someone in a gunfight, that's fine, but this...cowardice is not strong enough to describe it.

So you make them trust you and then shoot them in the back while they are not looking?

I understand if you kill someone in a gunfight' date=' that's fine, but this...cowardice is not strong enough to describe it.

[/quote']

However, those kind of tactics can be expected in a real post-apocalyptic setting. I love the immersion it adds.

I understand if you kill someone in a gunfight' date=' that's fine, but this...cowardice is not strong enough to describe it.

[/quote']

However, those kind of tactics can be expected in a real post-apocalyptic setting. I love the immersion it adds.

I know and thats kinda sad, human race probably wouldnt last long with those kinda of people, there are cowards but there are real men too and in the end cowards always loose, not just life but their dignity too.

There is a saying in my language and it goes like this razlika izmedju isnana i hajvana je sto insan moze biti hajvan al hajvan ne moze biti insan.

[/quote']

I know and thats kinda sad, human race probably wouldnt last long with those kinda of people, there are cowards but there are real men too and in the end cowards always loose, not just life but their dignity too.

There is a saying in my language and it goes like this razlika izmedju isnana i hajvana je sto insan moze biti hajvan al hajvan ne moze biti insan.

Oh please, get out of your high horse, pal. Things like honor don't exist in a apocalyptic setting. It's kill or be killed. you chosse honor? Let's see how long that would last you. Also, everyone is going to recognize your honor and bravery when discovering that you're a bandit and have a fucking spasm trying to shoot ya. I'm a bandit because i choose to survive, no matter the costs. Keep your opinions and you're endless death count to you, and you only.

Act like a veteran offer some ammo... tell them about loot locations..warn them of bandits.. tips.. share your bread..then cap their ass..

[/quote']

Oh please, get out of your high horse, pal. Things like honor don't exist in a apocalyptic setting. It's kill or be killed. you chosse honor? Let's see how long that would last you. Also, everyone is going to recognize your honor and bravery when discovering that you're a bandit and have a fucking spasm trying to shoot ya. I'm a bandit because i choose to survive, no matter the costs. Keep your opinions and you're endless death count to you, and you only.

Your are absolutely correct! Choosing honor is dumb. Only the most elite and hardcore players will go the difficult path of playing this game honorably. There is no reward for it.

The best bandits I've come across don't need to kill you to get what they want. They'll threaten you and hold you up, demanding you don't turn and look at them (or try to locate them) and that you drop your weapons. If you don't listen to what they say then you deserve to get shot. If you are lucky you will survive to run off into the forest to find another pistol and some beans for yourself or be mauled by zombies. At least you still had a chance.

I know that's much more difficult then shooting someone in the back for a makarov and some beans.

I avoid ALL players, I've died far too many times trying to make contact with other survivors. The only people I trust are those who I group with in Teamspeak.

A group of 4-5 survivors looking down their barrels at you is enough to make any bandit think twice, though that hasn't stopped some groups from attempting to take us on.

We've been in four skirmishes with bandit groups so far, and we've come out okay each time in the end. A close call at a hospital once, but I fortunately happened to be on the roof when the ambush happened and I promptly peppered them with bullets.

after playing dayz as a good guy greg survivor for more than 1week, me and my group decided to become bandits since we spent like 5 hours going to NW Airfield and when we reach there we were attacked by thoused of zeds and few bandits, wich happened to be fun as hell. we had a great time.

just do the basics '' friendly on cherno hospital '', always works for new players

also, i dont see any problem by making them trust you and then you shoot them on the back, its part of the game and for some reason it works perfectly, who doenst like free goodies? why would i keep gun fighting if i can team up with you and shoot you afterwards? its all about strategic and if you think thats dumb, iam really sorry for ya. good luck unnecessarily shooting people and gettin' killied 'with honor' while we still surviving

I avoid ALL players' date=' I've died far too many times trying to make contact with other survivors. The only people I trust are those who I group with in Teamspeak.

A group of 4-5 survivors looking down their barrels at you is enough to make any bandit think twice, though that hasn't stopped some groups from attempting to take us on.

We've been in four skirmishes with bandit groups so far, and we've come out okay each time in the end. A close call at a hospital once, but I fortunately happened to be on the roof when the ambush happened and I promptly peppered them with bullets.

[/quote']

thats why one of the best ways to betray people is by using teamspeak or vent

I think the problem here is perspective and balance, a lot of people class the TS vent or whatever else used as out of game, we talk about real life, films we like, zombie movies etc, it is not in game and fine if you can kid yourself in to saying "its just a game" or "if it was real"

Some of you are too young to have known true hardship, pain or suffering, you speak of survival as the only goal when you have barely left school.

Do not even try to justify any of this in real life terms, most of you have absolutely no idea of real life sacrifice and I am so happy that you have not had to face that kind of thing.

I think the problem here is perspective and balance' date=' a lot of people class the TS vent or whatever else used as out of game, we talk about real life, films we like, zombie movies etc, it is not in game and fine if you can kid yourself in to saying "its just a game" or "if it was real"

Some of you are too young to have known true hardship, pain or suffering, you speak of survival as the only goal when you have barely left school.

Do not even try to justify any of this in real life terms, most of you have absolutely no idea of real life sacrifice and I am so happy that you have not had to face that kind of thing.

[/quote']

i hope one day you realize it is just a game, i think you maybe be a lot happier and less likely to go on a murder spree in real life

Maybe you should read the thread and see all those people trying to justify there actions in this game by real world rational ?

"thats why one of the best ways to betray people is by using teamspeak or vent "

to a lot of people the TS is not part of a game it is part of a community

"However, those kind of tactics can be expected in a real post-apocalyptic setting. I love the immersion it adds. "

See what I mean ?

and

"Oh please, get out of your high horse, pal. Things like honor don't exist in a apocalyptic setting. It's kill or be killed. you chosse honor? Let's see how long that would last you. Also, everyone is going to recognize your honor and bravery when discovering that you're a bandit and have a fucking spasm trying to shoot ya. I'm a bandit because i choose to survive, no matter the costs. Keep your opinions and you're endless death count to you, and you only."

Maybe you should read the thread and see all those people trying to justify there actions in this game by real world rational ?

here is the difference between most people and you, they acknowledge it is just a game, you do not

no point in discussing it further with you

You completely misunderstood my post, I have nothing against bandits in games like this, I understand it is a game but when people go outside that game, Teamspeak servers etc those are part of a real world comunity and trying to justify things with "in a real apocalypse this would happen" no one not you or me know how we would act.

We have no context for this kind of situation so trying to rational actions like being a bandit and killing a survivor with real world references just does not work.

You completely misunderstood my post' date=' I have nothing against bandits in games like this, I understand it is a game but when people go outside that game, Teamspeak servers etc those are part of a real world comunity and trying to justify things with "in a real apocalypse this would happen" no one not you or me know how we would act.

We have no context for this kind of situation so trying to rational actions like being a bandit and killing a survivor with real world references just does not work.

[/quote']

Okay, let me rephrase that. Backstabbing bandits (who befriend someone, and then shoot them in the back) are "likely" to occur in a real-life post-apocalyptic scene. You are saying that we can't expect what would happen in a real-life post-apocalyptic, because we have not been close to something similar, and we only base it on books/movies/games etc.

However, that does not matter at all now does it? Since none of us ever been in that situation and the world as we know it never was (save for some religious "proof", but let's save that discussion for another time), we can only assume based on a frame of reference, which is mainly formed by popular media. This by itself is not bad at all, both because there is no reason to place absolute reality above expected (accepted) reality, and because there is no absolute reality known to base it on: the "reality" is always relative to what we expect (hence our frame or reference). Even if we talk about absolute reality, the backstabbing/bandit style is expected to exist if we extrapolate current day events. Look at Somalia: goods/foods are scarce, there is poverty, people their lives are in danger, so they omit moral values to pursue a way out. Also, several phychological studies have pointed out that people are capable of omitting moral values for survival, depending on the gain.

Further, the game is a simulation at best. A simulation is always a representation/interpretation of reality (or in this case expected reality) in a simplified form, omitting several aspects. Proof is for example you do not have sexual desires in the game, no way to grow crops, you don't have to shave and a gazillion other reasons why this is a simulation of what we expect. With the given set of rules there is now, we have different playstyles, from bandits to survivors to backstabbers and everything in between. It is not that the game presented these playing styles, you don't explicitly pick a class or path or tactic or anything, but they have emerged from the set of rules within the simulation. The fact that these playing styles even have spawned from the current game mechanics (and are not hardcoded in the game through classes or anything) is fact that it is both viable as a tactic and plausible as something which could happen in reality.

But despite all this philosophical bullshit, it is a GAME, and a weird game for that fact. Rocket has already stated to regard this as an ANTI-game, and I find interactions with other people and what those people do to be quite intriguing.

Oh yeah, back to the "trust-winning-backstabber" haters. In the 10 or so hours I played (not so much I know), I never shot anybody except in self-defense (so I was first shot at). I had some opportunities to shoot someone, I even had some moments I really needed gear and still did not kill people.

I love this stuff, and reading the top comments, I just think those people do not understand the game. Backstabbing is just something I would really expect in post-apocalyptic settings.

If you ask dumb questions in the chat and use emoticons they are more likely to trust you. I usually say something like: "how do i use bloodbags? i keep passing out because of blood loss >_<" and when they answer I ask in side chat if someone near my area wants to give me a transfusion.

bonus: if you don't have your bandit skin yet, you could make them give you that blood transfusion and shoot them in the face afterwards. :)

bonus: if you don't have your bandit skin yet' date=' you could make them give you that blood transfusion and shoot them in the face afterwards. :)

[/quote']

That's even more cruel then just shooting them and looting the body.