Sign in to follow this  
Nipple

Difficulties in DayZ

hey does anyone know how the difficulties affect the dayZ mod? (normal.. expert ECT ECT) sorry im new and i was looking around but i couldnt find anything. Does it affect item or zbomie spawns.. thanks for the help

no afaik it only affects gameplay same as in vanilla arma. Crosshair, 3rd person view, and stuff

Difficulties as far as i'm aware just determines your HUD. For example cross-hairs and 3rd person aren't available in veteran mod.

My guess would be it does the exact same thing it does in normal Arma2 servers: it changes the amount of information available to the player (3rd person, cross hair, map marker of peoples location ect.)

Like others wrote, it only affects player's helpers - 3rd person view, crosshair or iron sights only, etc. Although in vanilla Arma2 it also affects AI's default skill, but this can be overridden by the mission maker, and DayZ hasn't got any AI (although some players act like they are only AI ;-)) per se, the zombies are not using the normal AI system.

Alas, most settings like crosshair, 3rd person view and markers can be set by the server operator independently of difficulty, so there are some veteran servers that do have crosshair on. Best to look for clues in server name like 3dp:1 ch:0 (3rd person view enabled, crosshairs disabled).