Sign in to follow this  
The Dude

Heli crash site madness.

I had been surviving for 4 days by my self putting in about 5 - 8 hours a day. I came across my first crash site finding some good loot with no walkers. At the second one there was about 10 to 15 walkers. I started to pick them off one by one clearing the crash site. I began to search for supplies finding nothing mean while the walkers stated to re spawn at a stupid rate, 7 30 round mags and 2 grenades later I was over whelmed. Not sure what the final body count was (I was using a M16A2 M203 and a M9)

So I guess the point of me posting this thread is, what is the re spawn time at the crash sites? Only a few minutes (no more then 5) pasted from when I took my first shot to the walkers re spawning I didn't get a real good count of how many re spawned but it had to be more then when I first approached the crash site. Has this happen to anyone else? Is this a bug?

New to posting on forums sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks,

The Dude

Chive On!

• Like 1

Seems like they spawn very fast at chopper crashes. I have noticed this as well so you aren't going crazy lol. No idea if it is a bug or intended.

I have actually noticed this at many military locations around the map. I will spend 10 minutes clearing out a horde guarding a building and then as soon as I walk in the door 20 more spawn outside. It seems to me its an issue with the way the game reacts to your presence in certian areas of the game.

My most recent example was a deer stand (yes, for loot purposes they are classified as military locations). I shot the 3 walkers around the stand and stood to start walking (yes, I walk a lot in game as I don't run a lot out of game, trying to keep it real) toward the stand and 3 more insta popped not 5 seconds after I cleared the first three. So immersion breaking.

yeah ditto, best thing to do is just prone your way round and loot then prone your way out. happens to me all the time.

yea same happen to me in my firs, and so far only heli crash site. Manage to crawl my way in (which was not easy with the heli walkers and a few others around the site) got the gear and a rifle. I not sure what type of rifle it was since I got notice as I try to leave. I must have clear 8-12+ zeds and not a minute had pass after the last one die and at least another 10 spawn right next to the heli and of course I got overrun :/

once i got this re-spawn thing in a common house(the dark wooden with only one door)..just shot the two following me inside and they never stopped to come at me until i finished the ammo and died after i killed moreless 80 of them :-(

I approached a deer stand yesterday, coming out of the woods from north. There were 3 zeds, two of them out on the field, one under the stand itself.

So I decided to take out the one beneath the stand and in the instant the bullet took him down 3 new zeds spawned on the corpse of the dead one increasing the count to 5 ...

I'm not exactly sure but it seems like the death of one single zed out of a pack can already trigger a respawn of more than one zed in the area.

• Like 1

i found my first downed chopper in a field today. There was no loot and 0 zombies...