Sign in to follow this  
SpaceMiNd

What does this mean?

Hey, I need some help here, I tried to start arma2oa so I could play DayZ, unfortunately, as the check boxes began getting checked but it stops at the last two boxes, and a message pops up saying "Dayz.anim needs addon halo_test" I press "OK" and instead of just continuing, it says corrupt data and closes the game,

Edited by SpaceMiNd

Will do, I'll see what happens. Does Day Z only work on Arma2 combined operations, or can it work on using arma 2 and arma2 oa seperate?

It didn't fix it when I launch with steam it says missing halo, but with six launcher it says I'm missing takistan. What's up with that?

Edited by SpaceMiNd

You probably didn't completely uninstall. Uninstall the game via control panel, and then delete the remaining files from your Program Files. Then redownload the game from steam and reinstall it completely.

Before you try that though, try uninstalling the DayZ mod and reinstalling it manually (without the use of Siz Launcher). It will only take 5 minutes and may save the hassle of a reinstall.

Arma 2 requires Arma 2 and Arma2: Operation Arrowhead. Combined Ops is just a combination of both - it's fine to purchase both seperately.

After reading that question, it appears to me this may be your first time installing the game - ie an installation error as opposed to data corruption. Follow the link below to see if you installed the mod correctly

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Make sure you have the latest beta patch installed too http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ#ARMA2_Beta_patch

Tried you're method, didn't work unfortunately, what i really need to know is, what is the HALO_test addon and where can I download it

Edited by SpaceMiNd

I have the same problem BUT I am trying to do through free versions (arma II and Arrowhead)... What about you ? Do you have both free versions or ?