pingzite

DayZ Radio Show (TWITCH.TV)

Hey guys, i was thinking of starting a TWICH TV DayZ radio show, i will broadcast it as if it was real within DayZ. (With some exception)

I will be playing music, and making up stories and broadcasts related to DayZ. Basically, something for the survivalists to listen too. Imagine Galaxy News from Fallout 3.

So anyway, if me and my friend where to do this who would be interested? Also, if you have a ustream account and are interested, here is the link to join the "Crowd"

http://www.twitch.tv/dayz_radio

If i get enough people wanting to listen, ill do a post half hour or so before i start tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

(Possible sticky?)

Great idea! I wish you the best of luck.

PS; Its offline right now, isnt it?

Yeah its offline right now, i want to see how many people are interested.

Its all set up ready to broadcast though

Broadcast first! Then people come to watch, that's how it works ;)

Also, Twitch.tv is way better, you should probably use that and it's also more likely to get you more followers I would imagine.

Ill look into twitch, it might be better as ustream producer advertises itself on the broadcast every 2 minutes..

Also according to ustream forums, the broadcast is broken

Give it on air! I`m waiting for this kind of shit from i begin my adventure with DayZ.

ooo.. if I could hear some auditions about survivors enclaves, tricks how to survive, news from other infected areas of the world... aaahh ;) start it!

Ill be deciding broadcasting times when i get set up, im currently recieving odd feedback when video testing, it should take me a day or two.

(I believe i caught the reason of the interferance, my phone was being a bitch and its WIFi was messing up, maybe not, this is really odd)

Pingtize, are you going to be streaming video or just using Twitch.TV for the audio?

Probably both, Audio when im not currently playing DayZ. But i may use video once i log in.

I apologise for the sudden explosion of sound on my channel. I was conducting an audio test. And the playback was horrendus, i shall be buying a headset immediatly

Wouldn't it make more sense to find an audio-only streaming solution for an in-character / immersible radio station? I like the idea and concept here, but it sounds like the audience of broadcasts should mostly be people actively playing (like having your radio on in-game in Fallout for example), and a video feed might be taxing resources in the background for people who's computers are already struggling with Arma2. I could be wrong but I know I'd personally just have an audio feed than have video running in the background while I play.

Wouldn't it make more sense to find an audio-only streaming solution for an in-character / immersible radio station? I like the idea and concept here' date=' but it sounds like the audience of broadcasts should mostly be people actively playing (like having your radio on in-game in Fallout for example), and a video feed might be taxing resources in the background for people who's computers are already struggling with Arma2. I could be wrong but I know I'd personally just have an audio feed than have video running in the background while I play.

[/quote']

Check my OP, thats exactly what i am planning to do. :P

Hey guys! Suggest some songs for my pilot show within the next few days! Ill need between 10-12 i think

Use Xsplit to broadcast. happy to help you with set up if you want!

Well if you're going to be streaming audio then I wouldn't mind helping out if you wanted. British (not sure where in the wide ol' world you are) so times would need to be agreed but I'd be interested in helping out every now and then.

I would actually love to do work with you, like broadcast when you're not. I know you prolly wouldnt want anyone on your account, but if you could hold auditions for some other hosts, and have an account we could all use to broadcast, that would kick ass.

Wouldn't it make more sense to find an audio-only streaming solution for an in-character / immersible radio station? I like the idea and concept here' date=' but it sounds like the audience of broadcasts should mostly be people actively playing (like having your radio on in-game in Fallout for example), and a video feed might be taxing resources in the background for people who's computers are already struggling with Arma2. I could be wrong but I know I'd personally just have an audio feed than have video running in the background while I play.

[/quote']

Quite frustratingly, I was working on this very idea - I've spent all weekend wrapped up in planning/jotting down features and programme content for the show (to evaluate whether such a show would be substantial and worth broadcasting).

I actually work in radio in real life, and I'm the resident video-game music presenter on epic.Radio - one of the UK's most popular gaming radio stations. My position grants me creative audio freedom with the station, so I have a slight advantage in that any and all licensing demands for a potential on-demand DayZ-specific radio show would be completely legally covered (since the station covers it all anyway, and the content generated would promote both the station and the mod so every party would benefit).

I was aiming for the whole 'in-character Survivor Broadcast' akin to Fallout's Radio New Vegas or Galaxy News Radio. I was planning on setting up a 24/7 stream of looped&shuffled audio files from my PC (I use SAM Broadcaster), capable of being streamed in most audio players like Winamp and iTunes. These audio files would be made up of announcements taken from the forums (recorded/presented through my studio microphone) - witness accounts of organised bandit raids, establishment of new survivor groups, identified safe zones and 'forecasted changes in the apocalyptic world' such as a foreseen change in climate (commenting on future patch releases in character). The idea was to then invite anyone else to submit their own recordings ('Have you seen my friend?', 'Trading some NVGs for a helicopter!', 'Wanted: 1337kill3r, the backstabbing bandit!') which could stand on their own or be compiled into news bulletins, and consistently have these running on a shuffled 24/7 audio stream loop that players could have running in the background while in-game!

Since I'm covered in terms of licensing, the stream could also legally contain music - though I would've preferred consulting the DayZ community about what kind of music (if any) should be included.

Obviously though, now the idea's been posted, I don't want to step on someone else's toes. I don't want to hijack someone else's project, particularly since I have no experience with TWITCH whatsoever. I wish Ping and this channel the best of luck with the project, and I'm interested to see how it all pans out.

If streaming didnt chew up so much bandwidth, id be keen to broadcast in the ANZ timezone...i already work part-time as an M.C while Im styudying

I like the Survivor Network just as much as the radio station... Hmmm combine them both. So, what are you going to play? Everything?

Im using Xsplit to broadcast. Ill also install skype communications for people who want to "Call in" Im in the british timezone, im 15, 16 on friday. Ill be playing most music, But ill be treating it as if music CDs and datafiles are hard to come by, as of course, its a zombie invasion here. But, a good thing about Xsplit is that i can simply play a youtube video and it will broadcast the sound, although ill be setting up Xsplits scenes to have certain songs.