She'llberight

This is why I shoot other players.

Since the latest patches have come out scavenging in DayZ has become way too easy, I have so many beans and soda I can't fit it into my 24 slot Coyote backpack. Dayz was supposed to be a survival game but when I'm playing, food and water is something I never worry about.

So I went military scavenging, found some heli crash sites, and got myself a nice M249 saw and an M107 sniper with plenty of ammo.

Okay so what now, I'll get a vehicle. So far I have crashed or lost, 2 taxis, 2 ATV's, 3 tractors, 1 UAZ, 1 Skoda, 1 bicycle, 1 pbx, a few fishing boats and a civilian. I currently still have one ATV, so vehicles are great for storing your shit and getting from one scavenging point to the next but they soon get boring.

So now I've got everything and I’ve done everything what else is there to do.

I guess I'll go shoot people.

Maybe it's always been that way but you got into when the server was still fresh.

Yea this is where the game kinda falls down. It needs other objectives. Maybe you could try go find a chopper to repair?

If there was still any servers around that don't have DayZ running you could do that. But thanks to this mod they are about all but dead.... :( Unless you want to join a clan that is.

Cool story, thanks for telling us that you have a short attention span, and that all the people out there who are just running and gunning all have short attention spans. My semi-hypothesis seems to be correct.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've done everything there is to do on this character, to the point where I kind of want someone to get the best of me already(I'm sure as hell not going to hang it to them on a plate though.) so I can start over and go through the process again because I do enjoy the stress-free start of a new character, and I also like to partake in the all out makarov war in elektro from time to time if I'm getting shot at anyway, otherwise I just grab what I need and keep moving.. that said -- there isn't much for me to do now except go looking for pvp which is fine, because pvp and the tension it creates is my favorite thing about the game for sure.

I agree with Caviano, we don't need to know your life story, if I was you I wouldn't complain about surviving, think about those weaponless survivors getting mauled by zombies. I hope I find and kill you because theres nothing wrong with killing bandits :)

I agree with Caviano, we don't need to know your life story, if I was you I wouldn't complain about surviving, think about those weaponless survivors getting mauled by zombies. I hope I find and kill you because theres nothing wrong with killing bandits :)

US188. Come find this bandit :)

In all seriousness though, I think there should be be something added to the game as far as bounties go. It's been suggested a ton of times, and I hope Rocket listens. I imagine it wouldn't be a small task though, since he'd have to implement it and find a way to keep it interesting, and keep it from being abused.

Edited by KField86

if the only thing you can find to do after you get basic survival squared away is kill other players, that's on you. plenty of people have found other things to do.

if the only thing you can find to do after you get basic survival squared away is kill other players, that's on you. plenty of people have found other things to do.

It really comes down to imagination and role-playing when it comes to finding other things to do, but if he wants the game to be a successful product, he'll have to add more content that's set-in-stone so to speak because you have to remember, a large portion of players aren't playing the game for the RP aspect. They want clear-cut objectives, etc. The good thing is we're still in Alpha and we have plenty of time for these features to be added, and if it's a stand-alone game at any point, they probably will. For example, the underground bunker/base feature that Rocket is working on. If he thought of that, I can only wait impatiently as to find out what else he's dreaming of.

I myself don't mind RP, and this is a great game to do it with. Just saying, to keep this amount of unique players active in the game, there's going to have to be more content. Time will tell.

US188. Come find this bandit :)

In all seriousness though, I think there should be be something added to the game as far as bounties go. It's been suggested a ton of times, and I hope Rocket listens. I imagine it wouldn't be a small task though, since he'd have to implement it and find a way to keep it interesting, and keep it from being abused.

Fun fact about that server:

US188 has some clan called [MAD] on it who apparantly got really mad (oh the irony) once we found their 30+ tents on skalisty island, after which we shot a couple of them down & they pop'd a few veins, resulting in them banning us from the server & calling us serverhoppers. Apparantly they think that with 5ppl they can cover every possible entrance point to their island & if anybody sneaks in, they automaticly serverhop.

Long story short: people might wanna scavenge through the wilderness on the west side of the map on US188 or check the island again. Last we saw before we all got banned was that they were moving their tents. And other than that island & the wilderness on the west edge of the map, there aren't much places where clans can hide their tents without exploiting.

They had tons of AS50s, ghillie suits, Range finders, NVG, etc... But apparantly hitting the ban button & calling us serverhoppers is the best thing they can do.

http://dayzmod.com/f...endgame-or-new/

Is full of ideas. Basically, you just need to branch out and think of objectives/challenges for yourself. People are setting up corporations, for Christ's sake, don't tell me there's nothing to do.

I agree with you. Sadly though, many people don't.

This is why I kill people:

I was scavenging cherno when suddenly I see two survivors running away from 10ish zeds.

Ofcourse I try to help them and kill all the zombies, then I ask over the mic are you hurt, do you need bandaging and are they friendlies or not.

They say "Yes, we are friendly, one of us is bleeding and we dont have bandages."

I approach them slowly and start bandaging the other guy... Moments later fellow starts hurling at me with an Hatchet..

Result: 2 Murders and 2k blood.

Edited by Mibbo

Its not I have a short attention span, I've been playing this game for months, you can only RP for so long with no objectives.

Red dead redemption's multi-player lasted longer because it had a basic level system and challenges.

Kill 100 zombies, Get 25 head shots, shoot a moving target while standing on one leg and whistling, for example.

Fun fact about that server:

US188 has some clan called [MAD] on it who apparantly got really mad (oh the irony) once we found their 30+ tents on skalisty island, after which we shot a couple of them down & they pop'd a few veins, resulting in them banning us from the server & calling us serverhoppers. Apparantly they think that with 5ppl they can cover every possible entrance point to their island & if anybody sneaks in, they automaticly serverhop.

Long story short: people might wanna scavenge through the wilderness on the west side of the map on US188 or check the island again. Last we saw before we all got banned was that they were moving their tents. And other than that island & the wilderness on the west edge of the map, there aren't much places where clans can hide their tents without exploiting.

They had tons of AS50s, ghillie suits, Range finders, NVG, etc... But apparantly hitting the ban button & calling us serverhoppers is the best thing they can do.

Ahahaha, that's great. It's really funny actually because me and my group have only been playing their starting like last week because we randomly picked it, and the population seemed good, and we hadn't run into any hackers there yet, so it's kinda stuck(this will change once my server gets white-listed). Anyway, about 3 nights ago, we raided about 7 tents on the very west edge of the map. Got a handful of ghillie suits, 2 AS-50s, and M107, M4A1 CCO SDs, FALs, a UAZ, ATV, etc. Plus multiple pairs of NVGs and a couple of range finders. Maybe it was them. None of us got banned though. So I guess that's cool lol. It may have not be theres though but I suspect it was. The camp was pretty much on the map edge west of Shosnovka & Zelenogorsk

Edited by KField86

Ahahaha, that's great. It's really funny actually because me and my group have only been playing their starting like last week because we randomly picked it, and the population seemed good, and we hadn't run into any hackers there yet, so it's kinda stuck(this will change once my server gets white-listed). Anyway, about 3 nights ago, we raided about 7 tents on the very west edge of the map. Got a handful of ghillie suits, 2 AS-50s, and M107, M4A1 CCO SDs, FALs, a UAZ, ATV, etc. Plus multiple pairs of NVGs and a couple of range finders. Maybe it was them. None of us got banned though. So I guess that's cool lol. It may have not be theres though but I suspect it was. The camp was pretty much on the map edge west of Shosnovka & Zelenogorsk

Was probably them after they moved their stuff from the island.

We only got banned when the next day we went back & they actually were guarding the island. Few on both sides died & they apparantly couldn't take it n started flaming/banning us.

Since the latest patches have come out scavenging in DayZ has become way too easy, I have so many beans and soda I can't fit it into my 24 slot Coyote backpack. Dayz was supposed to be a survival game but when I'm playing, food and water is something I never worry about.

So I went military scavenging, found some heli crash sites, and got myself a nice M249 saw and an M107 sniper with plenty of ammo.

Okay so what now, I'll get a vehicle. So far I have crashed or lost, 2 taxis, 2 ATV's, 3 tractors, 1 UAZ, 1 Skoda, 1 bicycle, 1 pbx, a few fishing boats and a civilian. I currently still have one ATV, so vehicles are great for storing your shit and getting from one scavenging point to the next but they soon get boring.

So now I've got everything and I’ve done everything what else is there to do.

I guess I'll go shoot people.

If you're so bored, there's always COD , Battlefield and even Max Payne's excellent PvP. Shoot people for fun is not what DayZ is about. That's not even banditry anymore, its plain griefing.

Edited by leeo38

If you're so bored, there's always COD , Battlefield and even Max Payne's excellent PvP. Shoot people for fun is not what DayZ is about.

I totally agree, actually have stopped playing it for a while atm for these reasons.

Limit yourself to only 1 can of soda, beans in your backpack. Use that for emergency rations in case you don't find food for a while. Or you could just not eat that stuff and eat only wildlife? I don't know. Have fun with it.

I actually only shoot people because of the 4 'friendly' random's I have met and trusted, I've been shot in the back by all of them. Now I fend for myself and my buddies, and shoot on sight. And then loot them. Profusely.

Why don't you try and talk to people, give away all your easily obtained loot. If you are so tired of the game leave, don't ruin it for other people just because you don't care anymore. Try new ways of playing. Why do you feel the only alternative is to just start killing people?