Sign in to follow this  
Errdaay

losing items when switching servers

Every time I log out and in, I lose all of my items, but I stay at the same place I logged out. I also get all of my starter equipment back as well.

Edited by Errdaay

Let me rephrase that, I do lose my items when I switch servers.

hmm :huh: , that strange, maybe you play on some unofficial DayZ servers which not connected to the global DB?

Using newest version, I've had so many problems with this game, and it is EXTREMELY unstable. I pretty much have to restart the game if I want to connect to a different server. My PC specs are very good, so I'm not used to this kind of thing. Glitches, glitches everywhere!

Wait for like 10-15 minutes with all your gear before you switch, sometimes servers take awhile to "save" your stuff. Also, make sure you're on servers that are connected to the DayZ hive. My list of servers are are quick join AND connected to the hive are

US353

US256

NL114

US 280

US 522

US364

US35 (Set this as filter and all the servers that show up are good)

US359

US352

If you log out too quickly when you log into a server and loot anything, the loot doesn't save.

So in other words, if you are switching servers too quickly, you won't save your loot.

I don't want to judge, but you sound like a server hopper. :I

Bullshit, I just lost ALL of my stuff, AGAIN. I logged off last night, and let it go to the loading screen. Then I didnt play until just now, I logg in, and I have green bars for my hunger and thirst, and all my stuff is gone. I am exactly where I logged out last night.

Just lost everything on US35 following 3 consecutive server resets

Each time the server came back up I'd run back over to my gear stash and then the server would go down again. All gear I equipped just moments before the unannounce and unexpected restarts I'd lose everything

Its happening to me too. Everyone who is saying: It may be a bad server, or some such shit... its not. Its a bug, and for me it happens every time, no matter how long after i loot places and no matter how much i get... every single time i log in i start over in terms of inventory... i feel you Vandrel and Errdaay...

same thing is happening to me im spending ages on servers afterwards and still lose everything iv reinstalled dayz and the beta patch and tried everything else but not working ...

i also use manual version through steam another version through a cmd shortcut another version through a arma 2 client and the six updater all are making me lose my stuff.

Edited by jamiev1992

Every time I log out and in, I lose all of my items, but I stay at the same place I logged out. I also get all of my starter equipment back as well.

that's probably cuz u was on a private server.

Same thing happened to me looted a dead guy who had a pistol and a machine gun I was freaking out then left server after 5 minutes log back on nothing

US35 took my stuff 40 mins ago lol

same thing is happening to me im spending ages on servers afterwards and still lose everything iv reinstalled dayz and the beta patch and tried everything else but not working ...

i also use manual version through steam another version through a cmd shortcut another version through a arma 2 client and the six updater all are making me lose my stuff.

yep, still the same problem

i do not play on any privat servers and i basically tried a million ones - none of them saves my gear and after every relogin (no matter how long i play 15sec - 1h)

everything gets resetted to the beach starter gear. everything i collected gets vanished and is replaced by one godamn bandage and the painkiller. iam still in the correct location though! i think i can also get hungry and thirsty, atleast its saved.

Edited by Peacekeeper

I'd hate to admit it, but I too am having these problems.

As far as I know, I'm not on any private server, and I only switch server if I keep getting a red chain.

Furthermore, it seems to only have happened within the last two patches.

Bros, let's all chill. This is a bug, do not accuse people of being server hoppers! I had it too! I just found a jackpot of handguns, but my ass was about to explode. So I disconnected (remaining in the lobby) so I wouldn't die while I took a shit. Lost my gun! >:(

• Like 1

Bros, let's all chill. This is a bug, do not accuse people of being server hoppers! I had it too! I just found a jackpot of handguns, but my ass was about to explode. So I disconnected (remaining in the lobby) so I wouldn't die while I took a shit. Lost my gun! >:(

Lol same thing.

• Like 1

Looks like problem is still alive. I`m new in dayZ, play some days on piracy server and then purchase cd-key for arma to play officially, Yesterday i played on DE3551 server as some days before. I have some weapons med and food\drink, and all my stuff disappeared after i slept and then join DE850 server-i got only starter pack(flashlight etc.) and my location didnt changed.