Sign in to follow this  
Banshee1991

Play Steam version without starting Steam

Hey Guys,

i have the Steam Version of Arma 2 + Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. And its no problem to play Dayz when steam is running. I only must press "Launch Arma 2: CO" and this start the batch file, which is named "runA2CO". Then I tried to start this batch file without running Steam, but it dont work, i need to log in to my Steam Account before i can start this batch file.

Now the question: Is there any way to start the Steam Version of Arma2 : Co without running Steam in the background?

I want to do this, because i think without Steam i would get more fps.

Edited by Banshee1991

Sixlauncher doesn't run the game through steam :)

• Like 1

Well.. first of all you need the beta patch for arma in order to play dayz and it is not possible to start the beta patch through steam (exept for adding it as a non-steam game) so it is the exact opposite of what you said^^. I'd recommend to start the beta patch even if you are not playing DayZ but the original game because it removes some serious bugs.

I think you just need Steam to validate the install. after that you can start it however

has anyone noticed the rest of Arma 2 doesn't seem to work right with the beta exe?

If you install the beta patch having a Steam install make sure you disable auto update.

Weird I can run it without steam running, using the batch file.

Yes becose its the beta patch does not work with steam...well it does but thats whats google for

I think you just need Steam to validate the install. after that you can start it however

has anyone noticed the rest of Arma 2 doesn't seem to work right with the beta exe?

Yes. Disable the beta and DayZ if you want to play the rest of Arma.