SteamTrout

How to balance out the weapons: easy way

Right now there's basically Winchester and Winchester in this game. If you are lucky, you can maybe also find a Winchester. As in you you're lucky not to be spawned outside the map boundaries with no bards around. Judging by the amount of Winchesters Chernarus is a wild wild west.

There are 2 simple solutions to this problem:

1) Make Lee Enfield spawn more often. Basically reverse the spawn rates.

Lee Enfield is an awful gun and would make a very good starter rifle because of that

2) Significantly reduce the spawn rate of slug rounds. Basically slugs should be something you look for, not just ignore because your backpack is full of them.

In my opinion that would solve most problems related to weapon balance. As of right now you just find Winchester.

I agree with the reduced slug spawning. It is simply too easy to find 50+ slugs in a couple of loot piles. If i am not mistaken pellets can still one shot zombies but they aren't accurate at 100+ yards.

I agree with the reduced slug spawning. It is simply too easy to find 50+ slugs in a couple of loot piles. If i am not mistaken pellets can still one shot zombies but they aren't accurate at 100+ yards.

The average life expectancy is still 28 minutes despite all that and a lots of people won't even dare play on a night time server.

I could probably write a statistical algorythm that automatically adjust ammunition spawn for each weapon based on kill stats, if rocket can pull out which weapons was used for each kill.

The average life expectancy is still 28 minutes despite all that and a lots of people won't even dare play on a night time server.

So because people are bad we should spawn Barrets all over the map?

From what i hear the average life expectancy is incorrect and the actual average life is around 3 hours. Also, it is skewed by the countless people who suicide to spawn by their friends and the people who re-spawn, pistol rush people until they die, rinse, repeat.

Einfeld is not really a bad gun. Sure, it's loud and will attract huge hoardes of zeds but in reality the gun itself Is plenty accurate and does impressive amounts Of damage.

"weapon balance!"

I laughed. Really? balance? please read up on what Rocket has said in the interview with PC gamer. This is an anti game. its not meant to be fair.

"weapon balance!"

I laughed. Really? balance? please read up on what Rocket has said in the interview with PC gamer. This is an anti game. its not meant to be fair.

I did read that. Please read my post because going apeshit about something completely irrelevant.

Since when did the Enfield suck? I got 3 kills with it just today.

Einfeld is not really a bad gun. Sure' date=' it's loud and will attract huge hoardes of zeds but in reality the gun itself Is plenty accurate and does impressive amounts Of damage. [/quote']

And I got approximately bazillion kills with a Makarov. Point is, compared to Winchester with slugs Enfield is just bad. It's loud, the clip is smaller(?), ammo is more scarce. So if we take two guns, Winchester and Enfield, and compare them Enfield would suck.

I'm pretty sure there are people running with Enfields because they just genuinely like the gun. And that's good. However I'm also pretty sure (and I have evidence of every survivor carrying a Winchester to prove it) that Winchester is just wildly more popular not because of the gun "stats" themselves but because you just cannot run out of ammo to loot. Good, one-shot ammo.

In my opinion it just unneedlessly limits the variety of guns available.

What? No. I'm just saying that even with slugs everywhere, people die, often.

From what i hear the average life expectancy is incorrect and the actual average life is around 3 hours. Also, it is skewed by the countless people who suicide to spawn by their friends and the people who re-spawn, pistol rush people until they die, rinse, repeat.

Actually I believe it's now accurate, but was screwed up before because of a 0 not put in there proper. It also doesn't take into account any death within 2 minutes of spawning though I agree it should separate suicides and normal deaths.

More weapon variety between guns and non scoped weapons would be nice though no? I'm sure it'll come in time :)

What? No. I'm just saying that even with slugs everywhere' date=' people die, often.

[/quote']

And what I am saying is that it's still not a problem of slugs. Fact is, people will die. A lot. Some because they approach ArmA not like ArmA. Some because they just like rushing newbies with Makarov, dieing and doing it again. Some because they think zombies are there so they could kill all of them.

Actually I believe it's now accurate, but was screwed up before because of a 0 not put in there proper. It also doesn't take into account any death within 2 minutes of spawning though I agree it should separate suicides and normal deaths.

So wait, 30min life expectancy does NOT involve repeat suicide because playing the game is hard? O.o Oh wow, now I see the reason for all those people spamming global with their death notifications.

More weapon variety between guns and non scoped weapons would be nice though no? I'm sure it'll come in time :)

Ditto. However I think just rebalancing the spawns of current weapons will already add some variety. It will also remove, in my opinion, unnecessarily easy ability to obtain an awesome weapon after 5 mins of playtime.

I could probably write a statistical algorythm that automatically adjust ammunition spawn for each weapon based on kill stats' date=' if rocket can pull out which weapons was used for each kill.

[/quote']

I was just mindfucked by your intelligence. Please stop my brain hurts.

I could probably write a statistical algorythm that automatically adjust ammunition spawn for each weapon based on kill stats' date=' if rocket can pull out which weapons was used for each kill.

[/quote']

I am also not entirely sure that would solve things. If I understand you correctly you want the gun with most kills spawn least often, right?

Rocket has said himself that this game is not about balance. The winchester isn't even that good aside from the fact that it's great vs Zeds. You should worry more about CZ spawns than anything.

I don't know why everyone hates the Enfield. Its better than winchester IMO for pvp. One shot kill.

What? No. I'm just saying that even with slugs everywhere' date=' people die, often.

[/quote']

And what I am saying is that it's still not a problem of slugs. Fact is, people will die. A lot. Some because they approach ArmA not like ArmA. Some because they just like rushing newbies with Makarov, dieing and doing it again. Some because they think zombies are there so they could kill all of them.

And?... What's the problem? The mod is unbalanced and this is done on purpose. And I like it. The life is unfair too. Don't try to change the gameplay.

All weapons spawns need to be severely nerfed. Weapons ned to be a luxury not a waste.

Agreed, I would love to see a bigger variety of weapons. Can't wait to see how it ends up :D

I think 15 one hit kill shots per 1 inventory slot is what puts the the win in winchester, then you find that amazing ammo everywhere for it.

Literally the only reason I don't use winchesters is because I want to spice things up a bit because I'm bored of using that godly gun because it is so much of an advantage to any other.

On the complete opposite side of the scale we have the crossbow, a whole precious inventory slot gives you one bolt that can easily miss and even if it hits a zombie it doesn't take them down unless you manage to get them in the head which is hard to do with the unintuitive ironsights. Apparrently you can get bolts back from zombies but I've never been able to do it even when I manage to actually get a headshot so that would be cool if it worked.

Crossbows either need more bolts per inventory slot or a better aiming method and always the ability to take bolts back and the winchester needs less shots in a reload and have slugs harder to find, so that you'd often rather have another long range weapon such as the lee enfield instead of having the winchester useful for that too.

And?... What's the problem? The mod is unbalanced and this is done on purpose. And I like it. The life is unfair too. Don't try to change the gameplay.

If you're happy with the gamplay as it is then you don't need to worry about change because you can stay with this iteration of the mod for as long as you like, providing server owners agree with you.

Balance prevents monotony, people all using the same guns doing the same things which becomes boring by giving you no hard decisions to make and no incentive to carry on playing, just the same old shit.

The more a game is balanced, the more variaty you will see in player behaviours and the more beneficial things you can do while you play instead of always compromising your chances just for a change of gameplay from "the best way to play" that everyone else is doing.

The benefits of the WINchester vs other weapons is that ammo is readily avaible. That's how it should be. I'll let all the noobs rush the NW airfield for their Assault Rifles with 2 clips of ammo that can almost be found no where.

The other two rifles that are common are not useless. Rifles = good player killers. Shotgun = good zombie killing.

The Winchester, hence forth dubbed Winnie, is by far the 'Noob' weapon of the game. It's negatives are few (poor range/no adjusting sights) and its pluses elevate it above even 'mil-grade' teir weaponry due to its abundance.

What doesn't make sense to me is the Winnie's 15 rounds and how quiet it is. Everything else is fine, imo.

The greatness of the Winnie places it above the M1017!

i love the lee put guys down from far away only problem is how loud it is, Winchester is op would like to c more akm spawns imo

Right, people complaining about the word "balance". You see to have complete lack of understanding of what rocket actually meant.

Player with NVG versus player without NVG at night is unbalanced. But it's fine. That's how it should be.

One gun spawning all the time with abundance of ammo is unbalanced. Not because it's OP or UP. But because it's unbalanced. And that is not fine.

I actually want to make the game harder then it is now because find a winnie = win. I mean CZ has it's niche as a player killer. Lee is also more of a pvp weapon. However while CZ can never become a zombie killer, Lee can. The spawn rate just needs to be tweaked.