Sign in to follow this  
Cronox

Not able to join same server as roommate

As the title suggests whenever I try to join a server my roommate is currently playing I get stuck at receiving mission files 0kb / 0kb. The same happens to him if I join a server first.

We've had this problem for about a week now and any tips / feedback would be appreciated.

Probably because you two are sharing the same IP address, which basically means that the server thinks you of you two as the same person joining the same server twice.

Edited by -Ace-

Probably because you two are sharing the same IP address, which basically means that the server thinks you of you two as the same person joining the same server twice.

I play on LAN with 3 other people, haven't had this problem.

I figured as much. Are there any ways around this problem or are we kinda screwed?

Yer, this is a problem. As said before, the game doesn't like multiple people from same IP. When i play at lan with 4 other guys, we have this problem aswell. We are usually 3 that can come online, but the rest is having problem with connection because of this. Tho we just try enough on a diffrent server and we'll get in eventually.

I play on LAN with 3 other people, haven't had this problem.

We've never had any problems with other games except a couple of MUDs that didn't allow multiplay.

I have this problem with BF3 when my friends are over and were running on the router. Might have to open up some ports so you both can play. Just a possibility