Sign in to follow this  
TurdofTerror

2 accounts on 1 character

So my brother and i both purchased arma 2:CO for 2 different steam accounts. I installed Arma and Dayz on my computer and played a good 4-6 hours. My brother wanted to play but could not install it on his computer until the next day. He then logged onto his steam on my computer and played DayZ. The problem now is that when he finally installed it to his own computer, everytime he joins a server, it joins onto my character. Does anyone know whats happening and how we can fix this so that we may both play?

both pc sharing the same cd key, you need to completely uninstall arma2 on one, delete local cache and reinstall it using other steam account.(your brother in this case)

both pc sharing the same cd key, you need to completely uninstall arma2 on one, delete local cache and reinstall it using other steam account.(your brother in this case)

thanks for the reply, would i delete the local cache then uninstall it? and how would i go about deleting the local cache?

Edited by TurdofTerror

open steam right click arma2co > properties> local file tab, delete local game content

Edited by vigiLace21

You should be able to switch just the registry info. Hopefully the simple way will work. Run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA with combined operations through your steam account and it should rewrite the registry. You can watch this video if you want to switch accounts on one computer,

, I know this isn't what you are asking. But in essence it should work before you install the whole thing again. If you want to reinstall just do so through the steam library game options. One thing to know edit the registry info carefuly at your own risk.