Jeff B

Buddy Spawn System

It would be nice if, instead of running a marathon to find your friend, you could spawn together.

This would of course only be possible if you're both dead at the same time.

UI would do this with a dead player list before spawn, wherein both players need to tick a box with eachother to confirm spawning together.

A simple, but greatly useful ablitly, which would really enhance the survivor experience from the go.

What do you think?

edit- or spawn within X distance of your friend

Edited by Jeff B

Nope, I don't agree with this at all. It doesn't really fit with the game being able to just spawn with someone.

I am no expert, but is it possible for Rocket to even add this? o_O

Edited by Fluffs

NEIN! That would be too easy, you have to accept the challenge to find your friend and survive.

I am no expert, but is it possible for Rocket to even add this? o_O

When he moves over to a stand alone game it would probably be possible but it would be finicky to put in atm.

Only being able to play for an hour or 2 a night, this would be a welcomed feature for me at least.

Maybe implent a item?

Finding a radio or walkie talkie will give you the abilty to do that? Or maybe a star trek teleporation device or finding a specific building or cave that ...

I dont know man..

What about at least spawning within X distance to your friend.

I mean, people are only going to keep respawning to get with their friend.

I like to play, but have to waste so much time just running to get to a buddy.

Edited by Jeff B

What about at least spawning within X distance to your friend.

I mean, people are only going to keep respawning to get with their friend.

I think he has already said he is going to stop the spam respawning, adding like one character every 2 minutes or something.

Nope, I don't agree with this at all. It doesn't really fit with the game being able to just spawn with someone.

Eh, sure, but it's not like people don't just kill themselves until they both spawn somewhere decent and close to each other. Finding a friend after dying together is not currently engaging or realistic. That being said, I'm sure we would all prefer improved zombie scripting and game stability over such luxuries as this.

I think he has already said he is going to stop the spam respawning, adding like one character every 2 minutes or something.

This doesn't really feel like a solution to anything. It's not going to force anyone to use a spawn in Solnichniy if they want to meet their friend in Cherno. They'll just spend two minutes not playing or enjoying the game then try again.

Edited by Danthepianist

Eh, sure, but it's not like people don't just kill themselves until they both spawn somewhere decent and close to each other.

They do it constantly, and not just to get close to friends they also do it just to spawn in Cherno or Electro... My server always get spammed by mass respawning.

Eh, sure, but it's not like people don't just kill themselves until they both spawn somewhere decent and close to each other. Finding a friend after dying together is not currently engaging or realistic. That being said, I'm sure we would all prefer improved zombie scripting and game stability over such luxuries as this.

I think a distance based buddy spawn might be a better way to go, then at least the 2 players need to meet eachother in the open.

Also, it's a suggestion thread, not a patch fix thread!

Edited by Jeff B

Maybe instead of how you mentioned it, you could just have like a civilization team in which you're both in, and you have the option to spawn closer to each other than usual if you're in the same colony/team; rather than spawning with eachother in the same spot.

Maybe instead of how you mentioned it, you could just have like a civilization team in which you're both in, and you have the option to spawn closer to each other than usual if you're in the same colony/team; rather than spawning with eachother in the same spot.

Yea, that would work, so long as you limit the number of members to 2. Otherwise youre just going to get groups of gankers/spawn killing.

Edited by Jeff B

A massive no from me, the concept is alright but it defeats the object of the game, also not everyone has a buddy ;)