Sign in to follow this  
Shimmler

Damage drop at long distance?

So I was shooting a guy today at NW airstrip at EU13 using my CZ. Placed two shots on him ( I was at the end of the strip, he was near control tower), both hit the target in torso, yet he managed to stand up and sprint 100 meters to the cover.

So, does the damage done by a bullet actually decrease at long distance? Or is taht something i don't understand about CZ?

Damage does indeed drop at distances. Remember, ARMA II engine is meant to be a mil sim.

If he was standing still, It would be best you go for a headshot, and if you think that is to hard, go for the legshot forcing him to go prone, then shoot his torso a few times while he is healing.

Thanks for your answers :D

yeah, I'll not treat CZ as Barret anymore ^_^

This is a good thread. I was wondering why the bandit I shoot didn't drop and die immediately. He just run off to a corner out of my sights and disconnected. Hard to aim at a moving target and some lag.

Hello, I wonder if there's any more specific data on this? I'm sure it varies but I'd like to get a general sense of how damage drop off actually works. So weapons are sometimes listed with an "effective range" - is the damage curve flat up to that point and begins to drop after that? Or do all guns do a certain percent less damage at say 300m than at 100m regardless of effective range? Or does it vary depending on the type of bullet? Any input would be helpful, thanks.

edit: also, are there multipliers for hitting different body parts? I know a headshot is a 1-shot kill, but does hitting limbs do less damage than hitting the torso?

Edited by graedus