Sign in to follow this  
Zexis

Settings will NOT save, can't find file manually (Steam)

Hey all.

My settings won't save for some reason. I've done it in the past, but ever since I started playing DayZ, nothing will save.

This includes key binds as well as video and audio settings.

I would change them myself but I can't find my player profile anywhere on my HDD. It doesn't seem to be in My Documents or the Steam folder.

Help? :(

Final bump out of desperation. Normally I don't triple post, but this (the settings) is just annoying.

• Like 1

Make sure you are using the same Arma 2 profile - settings are bound to each profile. You can select/create/edit profiles by clicking on "Player Profiles" (or similarly named) from the main menu in Arma 2: OA

Edit: Oh, and your profile is in My Documents/ArmA 2/Your_arma_2_profile_name (ARMA2OAPROFILE file type)

Edited by DocTolly
  • Like 1

Thanks. I got it about half an hour ago. As usual, I'm a moron and missed something obvious. I had the profile file set to read-only, which is why the settings never saved.

*facedesk*

Thanks for the answer anyways! Have some beans.

Thanks. I got it about half an hour ago. As usual, I'm a moron and missed something obvious. I had the profile file set to read-only, which is why the settings never saved.

*facedesk*

Thanks for the answer anyways! Have some beans.

That's odd, it shouldn't have created like that - glad you solved it though! Thanks for the beans :)