Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Stop complaining about 'hackers'

OP, very well said, I agree with what you are saying but I dont think there is anything wrong with people discussing the obvious problem of hacking. This is the place to talk about Dayz and a frustrated player who just got blapped by a server wide hack has to go vent somewhere eh?

My friends and I started playing Day z about 2 weeks ago. The most fun we've had was last night when we found a vehicle and were driving it around.

All of a sudden a hacker spawned next to us, literally touching the vehicle and killed us all. No he did not walk up to us, we had 4 people watching from all directions. Either he logged in on top of us, or teleported.

As a new player, I am really questioning getting into the game after seeing this happen. YES I expect my vehicle to be lost, and I want it to be lost. The WAY it was lost however was total bullshit and not acceptable.

The hacking, script abuse, and cheating, alt f4ing and ghosting, can and should be fixed. Why must we bend over and accept these things? Battle Eye can be updated to recognize the changes in the game's code. A timer can be added to logging out which would prevent people from DCing to avoid players and lose zombie trains (this would also deter but not solve ghosting). Perhaps a relog timer could be added to servers to prevent ghosting? You cannot log out of server A, into server B, and then try to log back into server A within a time span of say 5 minutes.

This is all very achievable.

I Approve these enhancements

• Like 1

Why would anyone ignore the problem? You do understand that virtually every single major group on every server has someone that cheats correct? The usage of ESP is rampant among many "top" level clans that have hoarded vehicles, equipment, etc. and people also are duping excessively on top of the ESP, which results in a stranglehold on the server. I know this because I have been prefired upon by MANY supposedly "top" level clans. I have seen camps with virtually every vehicle in the game, with literally 40+ tents, etc. Now I know occasionally one or two groups may actually have the time to get all of these things without dying. However, if you're telling me every major group has something like this....

8+ Vehicles

40+ Tents

Various Helicopter Loot Weapons such as 10+ AS50s, 15+ Bizon SMGs, 15+ L85s, etc.

Various High Level Military Grade Loot such as SD M4A1, M4/M16 with GL, DMRs, etc. etc.

Truckload of Grenades/Antibiotics/Satchel Charges etc.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I was in fact a part of a group, and in fact one of the admins was also in the group. And in that group, the admin used ESP, and allowed others to utilize ESP as long as they were in the camp's group. It was just hilarious seeing this happen. I got sick of it and left, moved to another server, joined up with another group and guess what.... same thing. I decided to start playing on my own, and I would encounter various groups on other servers along the North/West edges of the map, and I would get immediately prefired on in the most random spots ever, along with the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen before (such as completely random movements, tracking of me from 600m out, etc.) It's not cool at all; most major groups did not obtain their equipment legitimately at all. I've known many administrators who overlook the whole thing just because they are in the group. It is absolutely hilarious the amount of hacking that is going on, because I can guarantee you that out of 10 groups, 7 of them contain a hacker of some sort, whether he uses scripts, ESP, or whatever. The game is quickly becoming dumb because of this nonsense, and it's actually making me feel the necessity to hack just to be able to compete against other groups. That's how fucking bad it is.

The "endgame" is about PvP late game while trying to control resources on the map. That's what makes DayZ "endgame" great. You're fighting for control over resources, and if you have multiple groups doing it and the resources are relatively even, it's alot of fun. That is very rare that happens though, because usually one asshole group tends to cheat, which results in the other group cheating, and then hilarity ensues where the group that wins is usually the one with the administrator that just kicks/bans the other group off the server.

People really need to open their eyes. Scripting hackers who do hilarious shit like Invincible Axe Murderer with music blaring, or lame A-10/Helicopter attacks on towns, All kills on servers, etc. are not the issue. Those guys are very rare, as they are so blatant it is easy to catch them a vast majority of the time. The most rampant amount of hacking that is going on are the hackers that pretend to play legitimate, and a vast majority of them are in the "top" groups in DayZ that hoard multiple vehicles/weapons/dupe weapons/etc. and have insane PvP stats (they never die since they always know where you are).

Agreed totally! Tired of this shit it needs to stop and can in all honesty be stopped by the dev team if they stopped implementing crap like bear traps and nerfing weapons and changing zombie mechanics for a week and just worked on blocking this type of shit. This garbage pisses me off to no end as I play the game legit, never alt-f4 and take my kills and my deaths like they were meant to be, standing up fighting, its when asshole hacking pieces of shit that would suck at the game if they didnt cheat come and ruin legit pvp and such that I get fucking heated. Devs need to put other shit on hold and fix this before the community disappears and the devs are left holding their dicks saying what happened to our game