Sign in to follow this  
Durango_Dave

Bear Trap Despawn

I had found a bear trap and placed it by my tent so that any looters would break their leg and then be sad to find there is no morphine in my tent but only in my bag. When I logged back in the game my bear trap is gone but my tent, and all loot, are still there which doesn't make sense that someone would take just the bear trap, I mean at least take some blood bags NVG's etc, so I was wondering do bear traps despawn when you disconnect? It would make a great deal of sense for this to happen so that the map doesnt become riddled with randomly placed bear traps under the power lines. Just asking to see if i should move my camp :3

I had found a bear trap and placed it by my tent so that any looters would break their leg and then be sad to find there is no morphine in my tent but only in my bag. When I logged back in the game my bear trap is gone but my tent, and all loot, are still there which doesn't make sense that someone would take just the bear trap, I mean at least take some blood bags NVG's etc, so I was wondering do bear traps despawn when you disconnect? It would make a great deal of sense for this to happen so that the map doesnt become riddled with randomly placed bear traps under the power lines. Just asking to see if i should move my camp :3

They despawn on server restart.

So someone definitely took my bear trap? :C

That would be pretty much the opposite of what he said. So if you are still opperating on "It's opposite Day", then yes someone took your bear trap.