Sorry, I realize this may have been mentioned before. I found over 100 posts related to playing dead and read through a couple that didnt mention it.

So what do you think about it? I figure a prone stance that looks more "dead".

- players may loot you but you'll survive a 5 man team that's nearby if they don't want to waste bullets on a dead body.

- offers some ambush options for more nefarious purposes.

• Like 1

This is actually a pretty good idea. Only thing is if the server has name tags, you're screwed...

I love this idea but I think that you will need to not be able to use a wep until you exit the stance and it cant be prone, it needs to be its own stance. Like surrender, sit, and salute.

Having play WAY TOO MUCH Unreal Tournament ages ago, Feign Death was just about my favorite trick when i was near death and outmatched.

Question is: Does this serve any function with the zeds? they don't seem to care about dead bodies they didn't actively chase/kill. I'm not entirely sure I want this feature though... seems like a good way to create another ammo sink. Maybe that is actually desirable.... I think properly managed, this would be excellent, but I can see it becoming REALLY damned obnoxious. *mixed feelings*

And the check pulse option should be in there for it too, so they can check if you're actually dead or not.

I think this is a pretty good idea the one problem i could see with it is that you can play dead then after they loot you(if they did not take your weapon) you can just get up and shoot them in the back.

I think zombies would eat you whether or not you're dead. I saw a guy jump off a roof and scream when he hit the ground...5 zombies munched on him for a while, well after he was declared dead on the server. It would be a nice defense tactic but I'm thinking it would be aimed more at avoiding live people.

I love this ideea. And about zombies could eat you if they step on you or get close enough to "smell" you I guess.

Another thing I was thinking is to have an ability to use "mud" or something to mask your sent and protect you from zombies passingby.

Like if you have mud on, you'd get a +% chance of not being seen by a zombie or something.

For live ppl that'd be epic, if you're getting followed or something, and you see lots of ppl closing in you could go into the "play dead" position. thing that should disable your name appearing or something. In order to make it fair tho, you'd have to press a button or something to go back to "prone" position and then pull out your weapon if you want to kill somebody. Otherwise people would spam it to kill people easyly.

Edited by ♠ Unknown ♠

I like this idea a fair bit, but is it feasible in Arma's engine, it would certainly be good for ambushes.

I like the mud idea. How about dead zombies randomly have "guts" or something that you can apply to mask your scent. If you smell like rotting flesh, they wont eat you....i think.