Tiercel

To the two survivors I picked up in a jeep on UK87

My regular server (UK8 ) was down, so I hopped to the next lowest ping server, which happened to be UK87. Running through the woods I stumbled across a UAZ hidden at someones camp. So I jumped in :D And took it for a spin around the NW airfield, where despite my friendly attempts to pick people up, I just got shot at :(

So I thought "bugger this, I'll go see if theres any friendlies in Cherno!" So I blasted down the coast to Cherno, drove around and beeped at a few people, where again I got shot at :( Looks like theres no friendlies in Cherno.

So I follow the main coast road up to Elektro, where on the way I stumble accross two survivors being chased by a group of zombies, so I run a few zeds over, then jump out and tear the rest apart with my M4A3 CCO on full auto. Now I expect they were wetting their pants, thinking they were next... as they were armed with one axe and one flashlight between them. But no, I beep my horn a few times and shout at them to jump in on direct chat. At first they were apprehensive, but seeing as they had nothing to lose really they got in. We had a nice chat, turned out theyd just been killed by bandits and were re-grouping. So I offered them a lift to Berezino, to kit them up with some military gear. On the way one decided to eject from the jeep as it was moving and broke his legs, I gave him my last morphine.

Eventually we arrive at 'zino, to find the hospital had already been raided, I found one blood bag... despite needing it myself, I gave it to the guy who broke his legs earlier, saying Id come back for another one later. So we drove down near the tents, I had a DMR in my bag, so I told them Id cover them as they looted the tents. As they made their way into the tent, I recieved a volley of fire, breaking my legs and making me bleed out my already low blood. I knew I was done for, so with my dying breath I called out to them, "Sniper! Get out of here... Im dying, take the jeep its yours, I dont need it anymore"

Then before I could get their names or contact details to meet up again, I died and lost contact with them :(

I hope you read this, it would be nice to meet up with you again.

Even if you got killed, I hope you at least found out not everyone on this game is a murdering bandit asshole.

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 10

This reminded me of the time when I had spent a good half hour raiding Zino and was just leaving the military tents as my final stop off when I heard the sound of a motorbike right up my ass. My story however, is not as sweet as yours. The two chaps proceeded to try and shoot the shit of me, but my strafe kung fu was stronger than them and I got away without a single bullet coming close. My rule of thumb is anyone is a vehicle is gonna be a bastard, but maybe I need to change my bias now.

The last friendly I met, I gave a mak to after confirming I wasn't going to shoot him on direct (ok, not great but it was the only spare gun I had with a boat load of ammo to boot) in the middle of Elektro. There was a lot of activity in the city at the time as I heard a Lee Enfield and (probably?) an AKM near the northwest fire station, so this guy who didn't even have a hatchet must have been relieved to have been given a weapon!

I was hoping to continue with this guy for an epic stranger-meets-stranger adventure but as soon as my back was turned, he'd disappeared :( no chat, no thanks, he didn't DC or die, he just ... deserted me. Maybe he was the awkward unsociable type lol.

I guess I should be happy I wasn't shot in the back as I was carrying an M401 at the time...

The most memorable stranger-meets-stranger moment I had to date was teaming up with a guy in some town and heading for the nearest barn with nothing but hatchets. Only 2 guns were found - he took the Enfield, I took the xbow. I (and perhaps We) were nubs at the time and managed to agro a hoard of zombies. I remember only having 2 bolts and when they had been fired, I was desperately telling him over chat that I was out of ammo. He proceeded to die heroicly in a blaze of Lee Enfield glory so I could escape, and escape I did.

Kudos to you good sir, you are my most memorable stranger.

Edited by Addicted