1clash1

Blood loss and its effect on the screen.

First of all I'd just like to say that this is an amazing mod and very much well done to your rocket.

The element of the game that has been causing me much issue is the heavy effect that blood loss has on the colour of the screen. I understand the motive and it does help to foster the idea that you're really getting in the shit as your screen gets darker.

However, I think the greyness takes effect to fast and too heavily, it means that once you've lost 2,000 or so blood, or even less, that the way the game looks is compromised.

I'd like to this effect happen at a much lower blood level and perhaps only severely at around 3,000-5,000 blood. Alternatively if you want to keep the current system in place then perhaps allow players to transfuse their own blood without the help of others. Although I think having the effect start at a lower blood level would be a much preferable fix.

Many thanks,

Clash

Edited by ComradeClash
  • Like 4

After starving to death with broken legs, crawling through a blurred grey abyss for nearly 40 minutes I would easily vote for them to slightly reduce those effects lol It's awesome, but the severity at around 6k is enough to give me a real life headache, nevermind sticking it out to the bitter end.

Also, anyone else notice the permanent deafness from broken legs? I broke a leg in a barn the other day and I couldn't hear zeds at all hardly for the next 20+ minutes (until death by AKM).

Edited by Sumdum

:P Once you get a blood pack (and a freind) its fine :)

Yesssssss, ive been thinking this for agess... and it hurts so much because the arma engine is so pretty! it should definately grey out at a much lower blood level mann...

Yep. I remember complaining about this while I was playing with a buddy last night, I got hit by a zombie at full health and at ~11600 blood, 97%, it felt like half the color had gone out of my screen. We were giving each other largely unnecessary transfusions just to chase away the blands.

After starving to death with broken legs, crawling through a blurred grey abyss for nearly 40 minutes I would easily vote for them to slightly reduce those effects lol It's awesome, but the severity at around 6k is enough to give me a real life headache, nevermind sticking it out to the bitter end.

Also, anyone else notice the permanent deafness from broken legs? I broke a leg in a barn the other day and I couldn't hear zeds at all hardly for the next 20+ minutes (until death by AKM).

Yeah it can get really frustrating, hate it when I can spend alot of my life in a grey mess because I was jumped by glitchy zombies :/