gant12000

possible underground levels

i was watching Rocket speaking to a crowd on the internet about player buildings and such. He mentioned on more than one occasion a desire to provide players with explanation on to why you would build underground and such. this really is not a feature addition or anything to that degree, so dont rage at me about that.

just was suggesting the edition of mining equipment for uranium and what have you. keep in mind i am no uranium miner, or coal miner, or minor and unable to purchase alchohol, i just think that mines and the world showing that it's economy was based on mining would be a good way to give players reason that underground would exist.

plus it would explain all the loading docks so close together in such a way, and the train that is running back and forth.

and i dont think that this is like "found a shovel, now i dig a hole and have a house underground."

i am thinking random spawning, and claimable, instance entrances that could be mine shaft entrances or inspection tunnels for pipe lines. things like that.

just a thought, share if anyone has a better idea on getting players underground.

• Like 1

an idea came to my mind when i saw this suggestion, what if under a city say Cherno, there was a sewer system that runs to Elektro and theres areas in the sewers where you can build your camp but in certain areas theres zombies

• Like 4

an idea came to my mind when i saw this suggestion, what if under a city say Cherno, there was a sewer system that runs to Elektro and theres areas in the sewers where you can build your camp but in certain areas theres zombies

i like this idea. it would make sense in the realm of things. sewage treatment plants could be entrances, and such. manholes could be opened with the crow bar and such.

• Like 1

i like this idea. it would make sense in the realm of things. sewage treatment plants could be entrances, and such. manholes could be opened with the crow bar and such.

Yea

This would require the Chernarus map to be completely rebuilt, but I like it.

This would require the Chernarus map to be completely rebuilt, but I like it.

I suppose but when the mod goes standalone they would have to make a new map anyway

It would kind of be a mixture of STALKER and Metro 2033, although thats not neccisarily a bad thing.

yeah, i think this would mean the map would have to be rebuilt, but i think that if the "underground" portions were instance based, like going into a house in bethesda games, they could exist in seperate scene files on the servers. of course, the code for the random spawns and assets being modeled and all that would be a time consuming and expensive. not to mention in the alpha, testing this feature would be a huge time pit for the development team. but if Rocket really wants it done, these are all options on how it could be incorporated and still make sense.

I think the map would only need to have entrances then build the underground underneath it, they wont have to rebuild the whole map

I think the map would only need to have entrances then build the underground underneath it, they wont have to rebuild the whole map

in the end, i think the implementation of the underground would determine whether or not the map would have to be redone. if it is an instance system, like Rocket has mentioned, then i think minimal at best for a rework of the entire level design wise. certain codes and scripts however, would need an entire overhaul.

if it would be part of the level and you are capable of entering it, then huge map rework and snippets of code would have to be reworked.

I would prefer it though, It would be nice of people set up a series of strongpoints at Underground entrences, using it like a subway.

yea, i would rather have it in one map than instances because thats all we need more f****ing Loading Screens :D

lol, fifteen minutes of time on screens loading to find out it is a dead end!