Right so after the "lol ghillie suit swim in the floor and loose all your stuff bug" which was fun

and then fighting the "you can't put a tent here, you can't put a tent here, you can't put a tent here, you can't put a tent here,

you can't put a tent here, you can't put a tent here, you can't put a tent here, Ok you can but you cant access it because there is a leaf in the way lol sorry"

which again is fun.

I finally got one set up that did not eat my items (dem tents be hungry yo!) and life was good, I was the first person to find a crash site and nabbed myself

a m14 and one of those silenced smg with the 60 rnd clip.

Then the server I had put my tent on went down for some reason, alright no big deal I can wait however on logging back it seems pixies have moved my tent

6 inches to the left ("dam pixies") and of course this is the point the game has been waiting for to screw me over once again I have a leaf in the way and can no longer access my tent.

so while I'm rubbing my face against the fucking thing trying to find my way around the leaf I can only assume this is the time the pixies have been waiting for

and I'm hit for 7k damage, break my leg, bleeding, and knocked out under this tree, wait till I come round my char starts doing that weird jerk off animation but I'm still knocked out on the floor and can access my inventory use items, used two bandages (which did nothing) but could eat food, you might say log out because the game is freaking out and I would have if not for the fact I was shocked as well so I would have bleed out for sure while I waited for that bullshit 5min cooldown.

so now I'm stuck out in the woods, with no supplies, can't access my tent and with 1k blood.

At this point I'm sure a lot of you are going to reply with "it's alpha dawg" which I mostly agree with apart from one thing,

who the fuck cares about bear traps? fix the stuff that's already messed up before you add more.

Also the post from rocket asking us how we would best like to pay for the game if it was standalone (monthly fee, one time payment etc) raised an eyebrow,

again get it working right then start looking at the pot of gold in the distance.

*Fully expect the first reply to be "its alpha dawg" so you may aswell do it, I'm just venting here.

• Like 4

You can pitch tents? Tried putting one everywhere I could find a flat spot, would never pitch, waste of inventory space.

Mya I know where you're coming from. I haven't had much luck with the bugs myself, I haven't died to a player in 2 weeks, but died to bugs 3 times over that time. It's annoying but like you said, it is Alpha, I've just accepted the fact that it happens, a lot, and that I'm unlucky. xD

EDIT: You can pitch a tent by crouching and trying to place it. Then move forward a tiny bit and place again, rince repeat till it works.

Edited by Hakultair

You can pitch tents? Tried putting one everywhere I could find a flat spot, would never pitch, waste of inventory space.

from the wiki (the text I linked has to be highlighted to show up for some reason its right under here)

Tent placement:

As of now the tent placement seems to be very bugged. Though, the following steps seem to fix most of these problems:

Crouch and enter first person view, look at the ground ahead of you, press G to open your gear and try to place the tent. It wont work the first time, so move back a little step using your S key and try again while your gear window is still open. Try this like 5-10 times, works!

It is possible to place tents very close to trees, even under them, also, the area doesn't have to be perfectly flat.

http://dayzwiki.com/....php?title=Tent

Edited by AlbinoNoodle

http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

ALPHA lol.

When the Day Z standalone version rules the world, one day you will be able to tell your kids how you survived crawling over jagged rocks and contemplating the pro's and cons of putting on a different skin. Yes, they will look at you funny, but YOU will know the dangers you faced.

Edited by urbanfox

If this was standalone - it wouldn't have the inherant bugs that the ARMA engine has.

Next question.

Slowly walk backwards with your inventory open, keep trying to put down your tent, it'll work. If you go too far backwards without it working, walk forwards and start again, I currently have four tents set up, it gets easy once you know.

Anyway for the actual post...

A similar thing happened to me, I was fucking about with a tent and my leg broke, I didn't start bleeding or go unconscious but it was still annoying, and something similar happened to me when I was shot, I could access my inventory and move my third person camera around to open the inventory of things around me. The player came to loot me, I stole the shit out of his backpack as he watched, attempting to take it back and then I ended up disconnecting and putting up with my shock making me unconscious on log in.

So yeah, it's an alpha... I've had bullshit happen to me, I've been involved in bullshit that happens to others. I think you're right that things should be fixed instead of constant updates implementing new shit that could be broken..

Flat, no shit in the way, it places in front of you slightly. Haven't had too many problems other than it randomly deciding to work and giving me a horrible location lol. At any rate, it's still pretty terrible at the moment. Too many horror stories.

If this was standalone - it wouldn't have the inherant bugs that the ARMA engine has.

Next question.

Well if it was standalone atm it would be still based on the ARMA engine. So standalone DayZ would be shite. Unless your suggesting a total rebuild on another engine, which isn't going to come from either rocket or BIS.

• Like 1

thanks you all for your mature replies, was expecting to come back to "lol l2p newb"

guess we're all in the same boat, all in the same buggy boat that spawns upside down, breaks the legs of anyone within 7 miles of it whenever a wave hits hit and makes you impotent if it loads within

your view distance.

Well if it was standalone atm it would be still based on the ARMA engine. So standalone DayZ would be shite. Unless your suggesting a total rebuild on another engine, which isn't going to come from either rocket or BIS.

ARMA 3 is a different engine.

And if you don't understand the difference between a mod based on an engine and a stand-alone game using an engine then it's no wonder you have such a skewed perspective on the relationship between ARMA 2's bugs and DayZ.

• Like 1

man, now every time I pass out when I come to I wander off in a random direction and have to relog.

At least we have beartraps.

ARMA 3 is a different engine.

Oh hello grumpy. ARMA 3 code is improvements on the same engine. Its not a brand new spanking engine.

id also like to point out a large amount of bugs in day z stem fromt eh fact rocket does nto have source access, hes already stated alot of the bugs are easy to fix, but without source he cant do anything but try to run another script, in his very limited amount of space to do so, to try and counter the bug.

teh arma 2 engine, which he cannot modify, has most of the blame for these terrible bugs. its easy to say fix it, its easy to give ideas how, but if it were easy, dont you think he would have done it?

• Like 1

id also like to point out a large amount of bugs in day z stem fromt eh fact rocket does nto have source access, hes already stated alot of the bugs are easy to fix, but without source he cant do anything but try to run another script, in his very limited amount of space to do so, to try and counter the bug.

teh arma 2 engine, which he cannot modify, has most of the blame for these terrible bugs. its easy to say fix it, its easy to give ideas how, but if it were easy, dont you think he would have done it?

All the recent ARMA BETA patches are a direct result of the attention DayZ has brought, so we can guess that they are trying to address as much as they can. But with ARMA 3 due fairly soon i guess BIS are finding it hard to justify having staff tweaking the old product. Rockets said hes ported a DayZ version to the ARMA3 code due to them being based on the same engine, hence why i've concerns for standalone DayZ and also ARMA3s hacker protection.

Easiest way to piss off a community and lose players? Add crap we dont need before fixing things that are broken!

Praise jesus,

I rubbed my face on the thing for 45mins trying with pistol/rifle/prone/crouched/standing and finally found a spot I can access it from and ate half a cow, and took some morphine.

I'm not down yet, YOU HAVEN'T KILLED ME YET YOU BUGGY PIECE OF SHIT GAME, ROOOOOOOOAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

lol as I was typing that I moved and got ko'd by the tree again and bled out before I could bandage, holy shit how could my perfect game turn out to be such a piece of badly made amateurish junk.

Yep think I'm done, so long friends.

hopefully someone will make the game well at some point and I'll see you then.

Edited by AlbinoNoodle

Praise jesus,

I rubbed my face on the thing for 45mins trying with pistol/rifle/prone/crouched/standing and finally found a spot I can access it from and ate half a cow, and took some morphine.

I'm not down yet, YOU HAVEN'T KILLED ME YET YOU BUGGY PIECE OF SHIT GAME, ROOOOOOOOAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

lol as I was typing that I moved and got ko'd by the tree again and bled out before I could bandage, holy shit how could my perfect game turn out to be such a piece of badly made amateurish junk.

Yep think I'm done, so long friends.

hopefully someone will make the game well at some point and I'll see you then.

Adieu~

-MONSTER

• Like 1