okano666@hotmail.co.uk

All 3 camps 200km apart raided in 6hours

Hacks are back and rife again

I wonder how many people are using those hacks where u can see every person, vehicle and tent on the map.

Its alittle strange that my clans 3 camps which were West, North and North East on the map - had been there for over 5weeks and then all 3 of them are raided in the same day.

Vehicles all shot up, the tents came back on a restart, 1 ATV was stolen no other vehicles.

Using hacks i guess has hit its peak in this game and everyone is doing it, you might aswell to level the playing field.

It sucks, game gets worse the more people that play it.

as soon as some nick names like "abcd...xxx_RUS" starts to pop up in server, leave that server.

dont get me wrong im not saying anything there are nice russian players too. this may be sad but its a fact.

Edited by hazedaze

The map is only 15km x 14km. The only way to have camps 200km apart (or 20km if you mean that) is to have them way out of the map.

If your camps were off the map, they probably got deleted by then dev team.

• Like 1

are you sure they were raided and not just cleared by a server wipe ? Tents are buggy as shit it needs fixed

200km? Is that really 200 meters? Cause just about anyone can find something not well spread apart. If you mean all across 1 server, then you are doing it wrong. Did you even stream a video? Show a photo to someone? Put up a youtube vid that showed you coming from a certain location? Piss off a clan?

Sometimes I just run out into the woods and look for places where I would hide a camp, and usually I find it. Infact, some people call me the "Mole". Not really due to my ability to past ability to spy on corporations in Eve, or find "hidden" campsites in DayZ, but for the large amount of underground tunnels in used to make in CastleZ and Minecraft. For a person without a compass, watch or even a map, my navigation skills are both incredible and odd. And I'm just one of few.

Most clans have atleast 1 person that hunts for tents. That person was probably on your server recently. 6 hours is a great time, and a clan could easily find all three camps, note them and then come back in a full raiding task group and sweep through all of them in a few hours, using possible stolen vehicles from that server (from your own camp) hitting each place in just a short period of time.

I've done it. I know others have done it as well. And sometimes, it isn't a random person from some unknown clan... But one of your own members.

As far as the tents goes, that might be the nasty bug where after a restart it gets completely wiped. I've had this happen to my camp(s) too which were far apart, and well hidden. As for the vehicles though that sounds like someone found them :P

Fix the fucking tents Rocket.

The map is only 15km x 14km. The only way to have camps 200km apart (or 20km if you mean that) is to have them way out of the map.

If your camps were off the map, they probably got deleted by then dev team.

And I who thought that the map Chernarus is 225 square km.

It is. Maths mofo.

• Like 5

Lol, pretty sure there are plenty of people who could find every camp on the map on foot in six hours, let alone a group of people.

No wasnt a server wipe, the vehicles were all damaged, nothing was gone from the tents as they must of taken what they could carry but it all came back on a server restart. Vehicle was gone and every other vehicles was shot up, wheels off, engine red etc...

To happen to all 3 camps within a matter of hours when they have been untouched for weeks is obvious what has happened.

The camp was on the west edge in the woods, another one up north in the middle of nowhere the closest thing on the map was probably the dam then another right in the NE corner.

The number of people using hacks is outrageous all you have to do is go on some well known cheats website - theres more than a few and it tells you the amount of people browsing that forum, ive seen numbers like 5000 people browsing the arma 2 hacks forums section on a certain web site and theres more theres alot more than just 1 site.

Theres more people browsing the hacking section on web sites than there are browsing this forum right now.

Lol, pretty sure there are plenty of people who could find every camp on the map on foot in six hours, let alone a group of people.

doubt it

join a random server, go and find every camp on it then post the video on youtube

Edited by okano

People apparently have a Huey on our server - I imagine they are using the radar to find our camps within hours of setting up.

I doubt the Huey is legit however.

People apparently have a Huey on our server - I imagine they are using the radar to find our camps within hours of setting up.

I doubt the Huey is legit however.

Na the huey is scripted in as battleye is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Edited by okano

It is 15km long x 15km wide = 225km^2.

Also OP just because your camps got found on the same day doesn't automatically make it hackers. You have 50 people crawling all over the map, I can often find 2/3 camps in less than an hours play. There is an unpleasant trend in gaming as a whole, if something bad happens to you, people automatically claim it must be hackers. Not bad luck, or skilled players looking for tents etc. It was most likely just bad luck.

• Like 4

It is. Maths mofo.

Yea, some people seem to have trouble with maths.

15km x 15km = 225km², for those who didn't get that. The furthest apart one can be in the Chernarus map is 21,21km (if tracing a diagonal line through the entire map)

Maths never was my strong point

thanks for correcting me tho

i knew i should of paid more attention at school so my posts wouldnt get hijacked

Edited by okano
  • Like 1

It is 15km long x 15km wide = 225km^2.

Also OP just because your camps got found on the same day doesn't automatically make it hackers. You have 50 people crawling all over the map, I can often find 2/3 camps in less than an hours play. There is an unpleasant trend in gaming as a whole, if something bad happens to you, people automatically claim it must be hackers. Not bad luck, or skilled players looking for tents etc. It was most likely just bad luck.

Strange that those 50 people everyday for 6 weeks didnt find it. Yet in the space of a few hours all 3 were found.

Now im no good at maths but you should be able to figure out the possibility of that.

If you resort to hack and cheating then you become part of the problem. Plus you devalue yourself. Not only will other people not respect you, but you wont really be able to respect yourself. And at that point you might as well just be Paris Hilton minus the money.

Maybe it's bad luck.

Maybe it's hackers - which would be bad luck.

In either case, it's bad luck.

Just pick up, dust off and give it another go.

I'm sure they're working on tents. Vehicles are actually higher priority in my opinion but I have no doubt both will get some love soon enough.

Patience kids.

Welcome to DayZ

Every single server with more than 10 players, has probably a cheater.

Edited by HalloweeNGT

It's totally possible that they found it earlier but didn't take anything from it until you guys stocked it full or they got someplace setup to place it.

Speaking from personal experience, I've found tents with some stuff in them but nothing valuable so I didn't take anything so as to not tip off the owners that their camp has been compromised. Even did this with a tent city.

Also 200m apart is not very much distance to hide tents.

Strange that those 50 people everyday for 6 weeks didnt find it. Yet in the space of a few hours all 3 were found.

Now im no good at maths but you should be able to figure out the possibility of that.

One other way to look at that is it was an organised raid.

Sounds like your camps have been there for a while yes?

I've done it to a few groups with a few friends,

We found a clans camp, so we watched it for a couple of days, made sure they were actively using it, third day they led us to a second camp of theirs, we waited 3 more days then raided both. :P

by the end of the third day we'd learned their snipers preferred camping/cover locations around their camp and were pretty sure we'd worked out the rough hours they liked to play.

We just waited til we reckoned they'd be offline.

Edited by Never