Sign in to follow this  
Mr Zee

DayZ - The game that tops em all

After a couple weeks of playing DayZ I've been killed by bandits, zombies, back-stabbed, shot by snipers and that wolf in sheeps clothing who says he's friendly but really wants to take your shizz.

I've had some awesome gear, at one stage I thought I had it all, actually pretty much had it made up north, living off the bush and scavenging around, got a little too stupid though and gutted a cow in the middle of the north-west airstrip & BAM sniper killed me, but hey, we all make mistakes right?!

This game loves to punish you for making mistakes such as;

1: "I know if I climb that ladder to the roof of the hospital someones going to shoot me in the ass, but I'll do it anyway because I want easy Morphine" = I get shot in the ass :P

2. "There's a cow right in the middle of the airfield strip, I know its risky, but I should be ok I haven't seen anyone for ages" = Shot dead by sniper as I gutted it.

3. "I'll just go out the front door of the grocery store, I've scouted and don't see anyone I should be ok right? = Shot dead by someone watching the store

4. "I know if I cross this hill (hill before the north-west cherno hospital) a sniper will make easing pickings of me, but the chances of one actually being there is slim right? = Shot dead halfway

5. "4hours fixing up a car in Stary, phew I'll just sit in my car to avoid these zombies, actually I'll log out for the night = Upon logging back in, car crushes you to death.

I've asked myself why do I subject myself to it again and again and again?! Why do I create another character when I know that i'm just going to lose it all again anyway probably in the next 35mins

(lol).

The answer is simple, we enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the risk to losing it all, we love the way the game abuses us and punishes us, we come back for more and more, because its a different type of 'FUN', its a sick twisted fun, DayZ makes the player become attached to their character, a strong bond and will to live exists in this persistent world, you experience a paranoia like nothing before, your literally living the game!

You'll experience a paranoia & fear that far exceeds Amensia: The Dark Decent.

If I had a chance to meet rocket, I'd tell him he's made the game we've all been wanting for years!

I hope other game publishers look at what has been achieved here, all other games are now shelved, its all DayZ from here.

One DAMN fine job guys,

Edited by Mr Zee
  • Like 18

I could not agree more. +Beans

Examples of mine:

I know i shouldnt climb the town hall in Cherno, but i do so anyway.. Get sniped

I know i shouldnt raid the NW airfield alone, get knocked down by zombies and die.

I know i heard another player in the Stary Sobor military camp but i decide its my imagination, 30 seconds later get killed.

I know i should just run away with the loot and bicycle i took off a bandit, but i get greedy and want more of the loot.. Gets sniped

etc etc etc etc.. :-P

• Like 1

I know i should just run away with the loot and bicycle i took off a bandit, but i get greedy and want more of the loot.. Gets sniped

ouch bro, I feel the pain lol

Edited by Mr Zee

Yes, i do feel the paranoia you're talking about. The second i hear a gunshot that isn't coming from me or my group, i feel my heart pounding and sometimes my hand shakes a little bit. When i'm on a pvp confrontation, i can feel the adrenaline rush and you get way more excited over rare weapons. Plus this game destroys literally games like Left4Dead or Killing Floor, it's not a small and closed area where you simply shoot waves and waves of zombies in a Hollywood movie style, it goes beyond this. Anyway, you have my beans.

Agree 100%.

Haven't had this much fun in a game for years!

Thank god a friend told me about this game when i was still pissed about the huge D3 fail that i actually wasted 60€ on.

DayZ just reminds me of the good old days, when games were not afraid to punish the player for making a mistake and your actions still had consequences.

And i can't think of a more thrilling PvP experience since UO over 15 years ago.

Glad someone actually 'gets it'.

Most people just come on here and demand the game be made easier to satisfy their impatience.

This game has to be the most intense game ive ever played.

Here my two cents:

It combines stealth, tactics, navigation, firefights, and of course zombies.

The adrenaline when your running from a horde makes you feel like you are the character, that you are the one running from the horde, you can almost feel them clawing at your back.

The moments of panic when you bump into another player in the dark and you both fire randomly and miss completely.

Each moment in this game feels like a scene from a movie, running through a forest, into a house at night to make a last stand with you hatchet or just slugging it out with a desperate survivor.

The game punishes you for just a slight mistake, but at the same time rewards you if you stick with it

The feeling you get from a near death experience, and then comming out on top somehow.

I'm talking about zombies beating you to within an inch of your life, and then you finding a chicken, cow, 2goats and get back to full life, fkn awesome!

About that cow example you gave...did you shoot it? I go through the trouble of using the hatchet to silently kill animals. Friend of mine thinks that's just silly, but then again...he got shot a few times already, gutting an animal he shot himself... If I don't need to discharge...I don't!

About that cow example you gave...did you shoot it? I go through the trouble of using the hatchet to silently kill animals. Friend of mine thinks that's just silly, but then again...he got shot a few times already, gutting an animal he shot himself... If I don't need to discharge...I don't!

I used my G17 to kill them (http://dayzdb.com/database/g17) - I made sure that there was no one around for at least 100 meters, the gun can only be heard from 58.2meters away, which isn't very far. I was a little worried though as all the animals were along the roadside between Komarovo and Kamenka, someone could have seen me (wasn't far from Komarovoa tbh, could have easily been seen from the port), luckily no one seen me.

I do usually use a hatchet or silent weapon like you suggested, I spent about an hour looking for food though and couldn't be bothered dropping my AKS7-4U (http://dayzdb.com/database/aks74u) to take out the hatchet, I needed food, I needed to get it quickly and get out of there.

I don't recommend shooting animals though you have a very good point, I could have EASILY been taken out if someone heard that shot (was at 3.6k hp), if you can use your hatchet, do it.

Edited by Mr Zee