A.Jones

am i the only one getting pissed off at most of hte servers not sticking to their advertised GMT/UTC time?

sometimes i want to play on day, or i want to play on night... and the admins of most servers restart servers to which ever cycle they want...

its REALLY annoying me when i join a server thats 10 hours ahead or behind its advertised GMT...

i know it would be strict to enforce some sort of rule upon server times, but for the love of god when this game is completely stand aloen PLEASE implement a feature that tells you EXACTLY what time it is in game, 24 hour time or 12 hour time i dont care as long as i know what time the server is im joining it would save LOTS of time.

right now i have nightvision goggles for nothing just because ive joined 10 servers advertised to be ngiht time at this moment and they are day time.

really really inconvenient the way the server admins deal with in game time.

UK8 never changes - never will.

People who play during the daylight hours only aren't real players.

Night time without NVG's is much more fun.

Nah, it can be kind of annoying sometimes. Most servers seem to do a pretty good job of sticking to their timezone, though.

Our server time gets screwed up if it hasn't had a restart for several hours. If we all log out late at night you can pretty much guarantee that by the next afternoon it will have dropped back several hours....

Yes, I agree that it is annoying, but if it is an issue like Pastyfarian says, then it is not necessarily the hosts fault. It is annoying though... lol

It is a pain in the ass. Finding a vet server with crosshairs on, third person on, correct time zone, players on, not lagging like hell or desynching is like finding a £10 on the floor

• Like 1

when you join a server you're given the time as it was when the server last booted up

so if a server hasn't had a restart in 10 hours you'll be playing 10 hours ago, if that makes it day time for you then don't complain - chimps running about in the dark are gonna be disadvantaged

It is a pain in the ass. Finding a vet server with crosshairs on, third person on, correct time zone, players on, not lagging like hell or desynching is like finding a £10 on the floor

£10 you say? try 'UK 7' [space is required]

off topic: I read your user name and location as one sentence, quite surreal

Agreed. I've taken to noting the names of servers I've had success with alongside the timezones just to save an hour searching for one!

Edited by Addicted

This is truely one of the things that annoy me the most those days, right after the McDonalds' agents that forget to put ketchup and mayo on purpose. Really annoying, made me say goodbye to a lot of cash to the swear jar.

Well I'm not pissed at that specifically, I'm pissed at each server using a different beta version of Arma 2 and a different version of DayZ PLUS having completely different settings like name tags, map markers etc.. Its a old problem with ARMA 2 servers and mods being completely fragmented and every server host changing server variables to his liking, no matter if it is beneficial or not. Currently not even the naming conventions are being followed correctly, so although I get 1000+ server listed, only 50% of them are accessible and out of these 15% actually are running the official, current versions and don't have any awkward settings. On top of that I'm seeing many servers listed that obviously exist for players that have been banned, why is a riddle to me.

So I do agree that people hosting their own server are paying for it to run and should have some leeway in how they want it to run (settings like GMT, 3DP and CH) - but at least keep your server up to date and accessible. Last time I checked there were some 1.7.2.1, 1.7.15, 1.7.1 servers floating around with the occasional 1.6.2 or sth. like that, not to mention almost every third server having a different ARMA 2 beta version installed.

UK8 never changes - never will.

People who play during the daylight hours only aren't real players.

Night time without NVG's is much more fun.

Well I'm a pussy then coz i can't see for shit,

I blame the Bandits for hoarding all the NVG'S (a month and half every day and I havent come across 1 set)

But yes the server time should be adheard to.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

If all servers where running on GMT, I would never see the sun in DayZ. Whether that is a good or bad thing is your opinion.

Actually...my friend and I were really reluctant to play on night server last night, we both hated the zero visibility thing and after trying to (unsuccessfully) find a daylight server. We wen't from the dam on the top of the map to stary, raiding several deer stands on the way and checking out some potential vehicle spawns. Eventually we were looking for a deer stand that wasn't there, when my friend sees a light in the middle of a dark field. He starts literally shitty himself, asking me if it's a fire. I reply no, as there's no glow emitting from the light source. My friend suggests that it might be another player camping with a flashlight in his tent.

I throw some flares. The first didn't land close enough and only gave off a silhouette of what the objects, it looked metal, a shack maybe? I threw another flare. Right on target. I was amazed. a downed heli. After carefully maneuavering past the zombies we looted the chopper and received a fal.

Had the server not been night, we probably would've found that mystery deer stand and would've continued along the road, instead of cutting across the field and seeing the odd light of a glitched minigun muzzle flash.

We love playing on night servers now, even if the only thing that illuminates the way is the flashlight of my Glock.

So no, I don't give a crap if the server GMT is advertised incorrectly, as we now see the benefit and excitement behind night.

Edited by LostMem0ry
  • Like 1

If all servers where running on GMT, I would never see the sun in DayZ. Whether that is a good or bad thing is your opinion.

i think it should be adjusted so that half the servers for a specific country are running 12 hours ahead of the other half, so half are always day, half are always night at any given time...

I don't run into this. I found a couple good servers and I play on them exclusively. Hell, I only even log into one when my primary choice is down.