shinobivsme

Connecting Failed

Yeah, I'm having this issue since the latest patch. What I do (everytime I want to play) is launching Steam as administrator, and then deleting BEclient.dll. It usually works.

Edited by Mitor

Ok, I've currently resolved this by installing the Six-Updater and playing DayZ through that instead of Steam. I was able to join all the servers I got "Connecting Failed" to. Hope this will help you Shinobi.

i cant get Six because of an win32 error so i play on commander and have the same problems as everyone else. any pointers would be appreciated

Can't connect to a damn thing, servers which I was able to connect to I can't, fresh install of ARMA II, updates, downgrades nothing works.

Play with Six, Dayz Commander don't help, using the STEAM install version same stupid message.

"Something went wrong, Disconnect and try again" or telling me I have the wrong version to the server which CLEARLY I don't..

After a break for about 3-4 month I came back a few days ago to play DayZ again, refreshed all my DayZ related stuff ( ArmA2, ArmAOA, DayZ, DayZ Commander etc. ), sadly every time I try to connect via DaysZ Commander I get: Bad version, server rejected connection

DayZCommader info about Version:

- ArmA 2 : 102285 ( latest )

- DayZ 1.7.6.1 ( latest )

After several unsuccessful attempts I finally gave the Play withSIX launcher a try and it worked right away ( after I downloaded again tons of Mods for him >:( ) but when I get back to try it then via DayZCommander again its shows me in my "install/update" tab of the Commander that DayZ 1.7.6.1 is corrupt.

Just now I found out that launching via DayZCommander seem to cause that the Server only get info that I´m useing Version 1.7.5.1 ( lower right corner info ) !

Im lost....

Edited by GrumpyFragger

yeh i am soo sick of this error i just wanna play the game in peace whith out any errors grrrr >:( if any one can give me some direction

Ok, I've currently resolved this by installing the Six-Updater and playing DayZ through that instead of Steam. I was able to join all the servers I got "Connecting Failed" to. Hope this will help you Shinobi.

Thanks a lot dude, it worked for me. ;)

Hey Guys,

same Problem here. Played yesterday Evening on my Private Hive Server, tried to join today and got "connecting failed" already tried to reinstall the Game but still :/ Can join our other Private Hive Server without Problems.

Edit: Fixed with DayZ Commander, working well now

Edited by BlackAngel04

Hey everyone, I bought Arma II via Amazon Download last week... I realize now that that was a mistake, because it made things 100x harder, but I did finally get it all installed correctly (I'm fairly certain, anyhow). The game runs fine by itself, and the directory is located in the standard place, under program files.

I first tried to install Day Z using Day Z Commander. I got the Arma version updated, and downloaded and installed the latest mod version. However, when I looked at the big, long list of servers available, every last one of them was listed as having Ping 10000, and under the "players" column was just a red "/" without any actual players. Most of the servers were just ip addresses followed by their port, with nothing listed for "Version" or "Day/Night". But selecting "Hide incorrect mod version" hid those.

Here's a screenshot of what DayZ Commander looks like:

post-151059-0-32031800-1362369806_thumb.

On the servers that have actual names, a time is sometimes listed, but still with a ping of 10000 and players "/". When I try to launch using one of those servers by double clicking on it, my DayZ will launch, briefly showing a "DayZ" icon, followed by the "Wait for Host" message. This message seems to remain for an indefinite amount of time, regardless of the server I choose. I have waited for upwards of 45 minutes to no avail. I will usually give up and press the escape key, which will bring me to the main menu of (I think) DayZ, with an image of the ocean in the background.

I tried the "Play withSix" launcher as well, to the same result, with the same 9999 ping, except the # of players actually lists a number. None of the servers I have tried there worked, either.

I next tried connecting to a server via DayZ's "Multiplayer" option in the main menu. The servers listed there had no Ping listed, and only some had player #'s listed. When trying to connect to one of those, it says "Joining game" for a few seconds, and then just takes me back to the server list with the error "Connecting Failed".

I haven't been able to connect to any servers, and have uninstalled Arma, Arma OA and DayZ twice, with the same results each time. I cannot figure out why I can't play!

That's about it... Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

EDIT:

After a while of searching the Bohemia Interactive Troubleshooting Forums, I managed to completely resolve the issue.

It looks like my problem was that I needed to port forward and do a winsock reset.

So the first thing I did was uninstall completely Arma II. So after the uninstall completed, I deleted any "bohemia interactive" files. Then I reinstalled Arma II followed by Arma II OA. Then I had to patch both Arma II AND Arma II OA to the latest versions.

Arma II 1.11 patch:

http://www.arma2.com...patch-1〈=en

To update Arma II OA 1.62 patch, first download and install patch 1.60:

Then Arma II OA 1.62:

Sadly, you cannot just install 1.62, it needs 1.60 first.

Once those are installed, ensure that the game still runs

I then port forwarded the following ports:

After that, I did a winsock reset by typing the following command into the command prompt run as an administrator:

netsh winsock reset

Command Prompt had me restart my computer, and once it did, I found that my problem was resolved.

Edited by fbeetleson

This is what worked for me. Steam > Library > Arma 2 DayZ Mod > Play > Beta Patch. But I can only connect to servers that are running the Chernarus map.

I have the 1.62 patch, but the servers i want to join have a later version, i have dayzcommander and i have downloaded the latest version on that, but it still says i have the wrong version? Where can i find the latest version?

I recently started playing again and I cant join because some "battleye connection" failed or something. I've never cheated and I wasnt going to. My friend told me that I could get banned for picking up hacked weapons, which I've done. I paid alot of money for the game, I dont think it's fair that I should be banned for nothing.

hi guys i am having trouble with my dayz i downlounded yesterday and it was fine and the same this morning but now everytime i go to join a sever it keeps saying something went wrong disconnect and try again can someone please help

Hey Everyone,

So last night I played DayZ with no problems, the next day all the servers seemed to be down. after checking my updates on Commander I realized my Origins file is corrupt.. I hit repair and it reached 69 % then was remotely closed..Tried again and reached 74% again denied by remote host.. Tried again and reached a woping 97% !! only to get shut down right in the face with another remote server closing connection..at this rate...Ill be yanking my hairs out. Im competitive on this new server I joined and cant have any down time to my groups plans.

Now I heard to try deleting Originz and re installing it but..Will I lose saved progress??? And if so, is there a way around it?? Also why would the file download right up to 97% before it getting closed? Lol its actualy Super frustrating..and makes me wanna hit small children.
Please help for I fear innocence lost lol Thank you

Hi everyone!

Today this problem hit me also after reinstalling my Windows OS.

I can play on Arma 2 AO servers just fine, like Wasteland Servers etc but as soon as i want to join a DayZ Server through DayZ Commander I get the horrible "Connection Failed!" error.

This also happens to "DayZ Breaking Point" servers too!

I have really tried everything to solve this problem but does anyone maybe have a thought of what could be wrong/missing?  :(

Sincerely

pchamstern

I've been browsing through this thread and looking online for answers but have not found any. 

I just purchased Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead through steam. I have downloaded DayZ Commander and have enabled "Launch using Steam," and "Replacing original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works." 

I am getting the "Connection Failed" error message every time I try to join ANY server. The game freezes randomly and EVERY time I go to exit out. I am forced to end the task in Task Manager every time I want to close the game and it shows as "Not Responding." 

I am running Windows 8 on a brand new laptop. I have re-installed Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, DayZ Commander, DayZ Origins, and BattlEye. I still can not get this work. 

I have checked the file in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA and I have "Conflicting addon," "Updating base class," and "Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation." There are multiple lines of errors with those errors at the front of the error.

Really hoping someone with knowledge of this can help me on this other wise I'm going to try to contact steam for a refund...

Regards,

ashLoo

Same issue. But with me, I can't connect to most servers. I have only been able to connect to one, even though I have tried 20+ servers. If anybody has anything, please help.

I have the same issue. I need sometimes more than 10 tries to get on a server. Most of time i get the "Connection Failed" error message. Ive tried everything.. reinstall arma 2, OA, dayz mods, deactivate antivirus,...

Please help

A friend now has the same problem. He has partially bought the same hardware as me. Since then he can hardly login. Hardware may be the cause?
New hardware: i7-4770k, MSI Z87 G45 gaming and Kingston HyperX Ram

I was also having this issue. I resolved by doing the following.

I reinstalled arma2 and arma2 OA  each to their own seperate directories.(amazon version heaped them together)

Ran each once.

Added updates 111 , 1.60 and 1.62

ran each once

Ran day z commander updated Arma2 to recommended version installed dayz dayzero etc

run command prompt as admin and type netsh winsock reset

rebooted

(I also have the MSI Z87 G45 so upon reboot I did not allow the killer network manager to update  I chose to disable)

I have not had repeat error yet

Edited by Gusboto
  • Like 1

Try deleting the appdata folder as described in THIS THREAD for people who get stuck loading in forever and have to force close the game.

GUYS!!!!! i have found a solution it may work for you or it may not i don't know but let me tell you i have tried everything in this thread and nothing until i came across this beauty, i have the MSI G45 mobo too and i could not wrap my head around why my new PC  that i spent allot of money on and is by far better than my last why i could not play dayz i kept getting connection failed and then i would be left on a black screen when i try to exit and i was only able to play on origins servers which is better than nothing but still anyways it turns out it was killer network manager all this time so this is what i did i hope it helps you.

Windows 7/Vista

Please Click on Start and where it says search for programs and files please type in cmd . When the Command Prompt appears under Programs please Right Click on it, select 'Run as Administrator'. Then once your command prompt opens up please type in the following.

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt (then press enter) should go through the following

Reseting Interface, OK!
Resetting Global, OK!

Restart the computer to complete this action.

Then I want you to type in netsh winsock reset (then press enter) should go through the following

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.
You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

Then go ahead and restart your computer.

Upon restart, you now should see the QUALCOMM/Killer Network Manager popup and display

The layered service provider is not mapped correctly, do you want to remap? You going to want to click 'no'.

The next step for this issue is to go ahead and disable the startup of the program. You can do this by the following

Click on Start, where it says 'search for programs and files' type in msconfig

Once msconfig loads on the top of the program your going to want to click 'startup'

Go through the list until you see QUALCOMM Network Manager and uncheck the box. Then select 'apply' and 'okay'. Now go ahead and restart your computer.

and the funny thing is i found this on a Xbox forum LOL so all credit go's to this guy http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/f/265/t/297709.aspx

GUYS!!!!! i have found a solution it may work for you or it may not i don't know but let me tell you i have tried everything in this thread and nothing until i came across this beauty, i have the MSI G45 mobo too and i could not wrap my head around why my new PC  that i spent allot of money on and is by far better than my last why i could not play dayz i kept getting connection failed and then i would be left on a black screen when i try to exit and i was only able to play on origins servers which is better than nothing but still anyways it turns out it was killer network manager all this time so this is what i did i hope it helps you.

Windows 7/Vista

Please Click on Start and where it says search for programs and files please type in cmd . When the Command Prompt appears under Programs please Right Click on it, select 'Run as Administrator'. Then once your command prompt opens up please type in the following.

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt (then press enter) should go through the following

Reseting Interface, OK!

Resetting Global, OK!

Restart the computer to complete this action.

Then I want you to type in netsh winsock reset (then press enter) should go through the following

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.

You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

Then go ahead and restart your computer.

Upon restart, you now should see the QUALCOMM/Killer Network Manager popup and display

The layered service provider is not mapped correctly, do you want to remap? You going to want to click 'no'.

The next step for this issue is to go ahead and disable the startup of the program. You can do this by the following

Click on Start, where it says 'search for programs and files' type in msconfig

Once msconfig loads on the top of the program your going to want to click 'startup'

Go through the list until you see QUALCOMM Network Manager and uncheck the box. Then select 'apply' and 'okay'. Now go ahead and restart your computer.

and the funny thing is i found this on a Xbox forum LOL so all credit go's to this guy http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/f/265/t/297709.aspx

HOLY FUUUUUUCK!!!!!! IT WORKS!! I also have the MSI G45 Gaming... So its the Network Manager... Thank you! And im using Windows 8 64bit! spread this answer!!