shinobivsme

Connecting Failed

Hey I have this trouble on 1.7.2.5 and 96061/63. Is it still going on with you guys?

• Like 1

Hey I have this trouble on 1.7.2.5 and 96061/63. Is it still going on with you guys?

I got the game yesterday and had frame rate issues that were so bad to begin with i was getting like 2 fps. After I got my isp to reset my port (because I couldn't find any issue with my system) it started running perfect. Than today I got in ONE server and played for like 10 mins before getting a red chain and now EVERY server I try to join I just get stuck on a black "wait for host" screen. All I can do from that point is hit esc and quit game then try another with the same end result. Tried like 50 servers over the space of about 4 hrs and still cant get in a game.

Running win7x64

i7 2600

Nvidia GTX 550Ti

8 Gb DDR3

ADSL2+ ~6-8Mb down 1200Kb/s up

Virus check came back clean.

I have no idea why its doing this all of a sudden but if someone could help fix it I will give them my beans

Oh and I have been running it through six the whole time

Edited by Revv

if you mean the "connectinc failed" then yes it does still happen, thats why i am here. i got all the files correctly installed etc. but i cant join a single lingor server. regular dayz. yeah those works but lingor denies me every time. both public servers and private. public hive and private hive. nomatter what i try i get same error. but for some reason a guy i helped out getting the files in order and all. (in the exact same way as i did) can join the servers that denies me. and we both have our files in the same "order" and settings. so.. whats up?

is it still a error some get cuz of the new beta? or is it something else.

Same still happens... Any suggestions how to fix that? I want to play Dayz normally, my frnds are going to servers and playing and I can't for no reason, plz help :/

Ok. i started to experience problems today about 3:30pm after playing since midday.

I was killed by a sniper and while trying to re-join it wigged out and seemed to be stuck on the loading screen. My mates wee still in game and someone had started talking about a hacker in the game. i backed out and tried again after the server was reset but seemed to be stuck on the "waiting for host" part before the lobby screen. now i get the same thing no matter what game i try to join, but my mates are having no issues. I'm using Dayz Commander to join games and for my updates.

please help i really wanna play.

Just downloaded play with six and it didnt register my dayz lingor version so redownloaded it with SIX. Same result.

I'm now gonna delete all the dayz stuff and then redownload it. wish me luck.

far out. Didnt work so i'm now deleting everything (Arma 2 and dayz) and then i'll re-install the lot and try again with dayz commander.

Fucks sake my mates have found a truck on lingor and i'm missing out while i fuck around with this shit. xbox is so much easier to just play games.

O.K. im in a game. I didn't download the latest update i'm using the one before it that seemed to work fine.

I missed out on the truck adventure though they crashed it just before i got there while using it on the race track. They had a little adventure though the people who had stashed the truck came looking for it in a jeep and they had a little shoot out before getting away then just drove around the island and when ever anyone saw them they tried to kill the boys in the truck. lol.

Fuck me dead. i was in the game but i had like a white ring around me on the ground so i was told back out come back and it will sort itself out wich i have done before for other graphics glitches. long story short i'm back to where i started this arvo and cant get past the loading screen where it sez "waiting for host" before you get to the lobby. i think i give up.

I updated to latest version again using dayz commander and i got back into the game but i still have the white graphic glitch around me. lets kill some zombies (and maybe some people if they look at me funny).

been playing since last post. But that stupid white halo thingy is following me but i'm not gonna back out this time just gonna grin and bear it.

Just finished playing for a few hrs no problems but i didnt die and have to relog in to the game and i didnt leave to test if it was allright to get back in. i'm a little worried it wont work tomoz as the game was unusaully laggy. So fingers crossed it works tomorrow.

Goodnight.

Edited by DMC14

I can only join some servers, like 1 out of every 40, and either it says Connection failed, or my version isn't right. In Commander, i cant join any servers because there is an error saying that there was an error launching arma2 with dayz. Please check my settings, and verify your game directories and try again. I verified my game directories and it said there was an error in each game, and that it was reacquired or something. I didnt download the alpha version of dayz due to the fact that it took me no where. I downloaded the UK mirror version, and I live on the East coast of the U.S. Please help! I have skype if you want to reach me easier: kylecramer12. I also have teamviewer in case you can do it from there. Thanks!

Edited by Im_Beatboxing

hello

tried to log in again today and again i got stuck on the waiting for host bit before the lobby.

Allright i went back 1 on the arma 2 updates and got in.

It seems everytime i want to spawn i have to change Arma 2 update versions. Anyone know why?

just played for like 6 hrs straight with one break when the server restarted (which sucked as we had a bus loaded with spare parts and guns. When the server restarted i had to reinstall the older version of arma 2 patch next time i log in i'll have to update to the latest to get in. baffling to me and annoying.

Dont have to update anything anymore runs sweet us yoo hoo.

Just downloading takistan with dayz commander, cant wait. have fun everyone.

Edited by DMC14

Please help. Every time i try to get on a server from the SIX app it pops up then immediately kicks me from the server. Every, damn, time. Occasionally i'll get on a server from the in-game server list but the last couple days everything i've tried has resulted in "You have been kicked from the server" after connecting. I'm going insane.

just got this problem, was on a server and it rebooted, i did not log off before the reboot. got dumped. when i tried connecting to any other server now it says connecting failed. really not sure what to do now.

Sometimes not being able to connect is a case of broken signature files, if you run this and post the log file it makes you can post it here and i'll help you out. <Snip>

Edited by smasht_AU

Hello everyone,

When I try to join a server in DayZ with either Six Launcher, Six Updater or DayZCommander it will be stuck at 'Wait for host'. But 1 out of 100 servers work fine.

If I try to join a server with the ingame search method it will say 'Connection failed' like 90% of the time. I tried reinstalling several times and it had no effect at all. I really need a solution to this problem! Does anyone know anything more about this??

Thanks!

I was having this same problem with my Arma 2 OA, but all you have to do is create a desktop shortcut for Steam and right click it then click on run as administrator. This fixed my problems and if it didn't im sorry and it must be something deeper than that

Hope this help :D

We had sort of an "epic" battle tonight at Stary. My view of it will be uploaded tonight, but it will take awhile.

i have this problem with some servers and with others i have the battleye initailization failed error any help is would be great

When ever i try to join a dayz server it loads the screen but then it dissconnects and says bad serial number in setup. Help please.

Edited by Rocketman15

Same here, played via Steam yesterday all morning till dinner, and when I came back, started game, - can't connect any servers ( Connection failed ) Trying to resolve it till now but nothing helped except I can play throught Six Launcher, when I choose server and pressing Join I can get Wait for host and get in server, and if I leave server I can browse servers and join then normally. Any suggestions how to fix to work with Steam? Cuz I don't like use six launcher...

---------------------------------------------------

Now I got kicking for no reason in all servers after 5 mins playing. Just joining game, playing about 5 mins and then got "You were kicked of the game" and thats all, I can join other server, but again same s**t happens, the hell is this???

Same issue here, might indeed be Steam messing things up.

i have the same problem but i just bought it 2 days ago and i installed dayz using dayz commander. every server i try to join has the same error can someone please figure out how to fix this

Yep just bought day z and cant get into any games "connection failed"...wth

Ive got DayZ for quite a long time but im experiencing this issue now too. Weird it worked fine :/

Same here, I just bought Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA games and now I feel a little cheated out of my own money.....