shinobivsme

Connecting Failed

No luck here with my server.

In-Game Browser -> Wait for host

Six Launcher -> Wait for host

In-Game Direct IP -> OK / Works fine

I'm running beta patch 95248 with Day Z v1.7.2.3. I don't see any NAT negotiation errors or anything, but it's like the master server is reporting the wrong address or something. Since direct IP joins work fine and people can play if they do that, the server itself must be working. It's also worth noting that the server does list on the master browser list but always has a 9999 ping. Once in-game, ping shows reasonable values. If a person does a direct IP server add in-game, it also shows a ping there. It's only when using the master browser list that things break down.

Was talking to a server host earlier, he thinks its to do with Gamespys "heartbeat" apparently you can get really bad problems at the moment if you host more than one server per physical box/ip

Was talking to a server host earlier, he thinks its to do with Gamespys "heartbeat" apparently you can get really bad problems at the moment if you host more than one server per physical box/ip

This sounds about right. I noticed this 2 days ago without updating. Me and friends were playing, then went to switch servers to another one on the same box and got the error. This is what makes me think this is GameSpy related, and not Beta related.

• Like 1

Yes, I can confirm this as the issue my end. We run 2 servers on one box, I was having the issue all the time. I have just turned off one of the servers and now I can connect to the first one without issue, whereas I couldn't before.

Edited by Jono20201
  • Like 1

hey good evening, i think i have a similar problem, i 'm french player, but i didn't find a solution. When i try to connect any LAN server, i can see this message : "tentative de connexion" then, we can read this :"échec de connexion". It's strange because i can play on internet server. All apologies about my bad english. i didn't understand all messages writing, so... maybe some one have already written some words about my question, Thanx you :)

Edited by senzo53

Not sure about Lan issues Senz0, this is strictly about issues connecting to games hosted on the Internet

still seems to be an issue for me and several players, still no words from the devs

oh ok but if you find some solutions about my problem, i take all about this, because it seems that nobody knows reason about my probleme. Maybe should i create a new topic?

If its a Lan issue I would yes, I would also recommend testing Plain arma2 the same way to see if its a problem with that or with Dayz, why would you want a lan game anyway though?

The specific problem our group and others were experiencing (NNThink 2, servers suddenly stopped allowing connections through server browser) now appears to have been resolved as of a day or two ago.

Other people may still be experiencing issues, but for our group at least that problem is gone and everyone can connect normally again through the server browser or by any other means.

We didn't need to make any setup changes on clients or on the server. We're running a modded version of ARMA 2 (ACE and lots of islands).

Caddrel there was an issue with gamespy that gave most people connecting failed error's about the same time i made this post! the issue still appears to be with gamespy! hopefully there will be a fix for that too soon!

Friend is having same issue. Sometimes one in 50 servers he can get into, but i can't see them in six launcher.

Usually played yesterday, today when trying to play was not successful, I've done everything ... Even Steam remap the drive.

Error:

dasasddsasdasda.png

We have been having this issue for a good month or two now with our server. We still have a support ticket open with the dev team but they seem to be too busy...

Nobody can connect to the server using the regular Arma browser. Any other third-party browser works (SixLauncher, DayZ Commander, etc.)

We have tried just about anything mentioned on the forum and nothing worked. 10% of the servers just seem to be inaccessible via the regular master server list...

FYI: You CAN connect via in-game by clicking "remote" and entering the server's IP, but again, this requires players to already know the server so not a good solution...

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

That's my error, unable to connect to quite a few servers. Each of the servers that are not accessible have a ping of 2500 and the error it gives is "Connecting Failed"

So i just went to their IRC today and the admin-channel has this in the description:

CLIENT: 1.7.2.4 SERVER: 1.7.2.4 | Hive: 0.7.2 | ARMA2A BETA: 95417 (Baseline) 95777 (Experimental) http://goo.gl/GmNhC | MISSION FILE: http://bit.ly/NPyQr3 | HIVE Status: Online | Gamespy: Should be fine now | BattlEye : Working!

nobody had an answer as to what was wrong with gamespy in the first place, nor how it was fixed, and whether or not we will need to upgrade to 95777 in order for it to work.. but i guess we will see soon...

Edited by (NGG) Toby

I used to get this all the time when I got the game first so resorted to using six launcher and it worked great but because it didn't update as fast as manual updates I uninstalled it and tried to do everything manually and use the in game browser, some servers I got into on older versions of the mod and other servers I got stuck at "loading" for over 15 mins.

I am still getting "Connection failed" all the time now and it's really frustrating. The whole implementation of this mod right from the very start has been really shoddy and it's one of the most frustrating mods to get running at all for a lot of people. They need to make an executable or something for this mod that does a lot of the work itself and has the most updated version of the mod because all the other outlets have issues too. DayZcommander disables the mod when I load it, six launcher doesn't update fast enough and the in game server browser has connection failed issues. It's all broken

has the dayz team ever replied to any one here? i have sent them a message regarding this about a week ago and still no reply.. if they do reply il post it up asap

yesterday (08.12) game was running like charm: no artifacts, no crazy stuff just lost a bizon after disconnecting. but it's ok, im no mad. Today can not connect to any of servers ingame list or through six launcher.

updated to 1.7.2.5 and 95883 beta patch

graphical glitches, hard earned items disappearing, teleporting back to coast after an hour of running north and disconnecting were annoying. but i could play. now a complete deadend with sign "Connecting failed". fcuk this - running low on tolerance.

and fcuk your "chill, its alpha"

haven't played any game thats in same place so addictive and so annoying due to the bugs. But who gives a fcuk when there are thousands of people buying arma 2 OA everyday and only few misfits raging about its flaws. 0 servers joined today. 0

• Like 1

I finally fixed this error. After days of tinkering.

Here is the solution.

Follow this video -

Then after you have followed all those steps.

When you run six-update - let it do its thing and update - this will roll back your version to 1.7.24 and when the green button says "Launch"

Then copy the 1.7.2.5 files into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons" folder.

If you close out of dayz and six-updater, when you come back - six updater with downgrade you to 1.7.2.4 again. simply copy the files over again - only when the green button says launch.

Phew, made me so angry.

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a problem. I can connect to servers, but once I do my connection slowly dies. I get as far as the character creation screen then I get a yellow chain and eventually red in the matter of about a minute. What is going on?

• Like 1

i downloaded arma 2 from steam and it worked like a charm and then a couple days ago it said "wait for host" so i did and NOTHING FREAKIN HAPPENED. i waited for 5 hours and it still was looking for a host

• Like 1

Same here, played via Steam yesterday all morning till dinner, and when I came back, started game, - can't connect any servers ( Connection failed ) Trying to resolve it till now but nothing helped except I can play throught Six Launcher, when I choose server and pressing Join I can get Wait for host and get in server, and if I leave server I can browse servers and join then normally. Any suggestions how to fix to work with Steam? Cuz I don't like use six launcher...

---------------------------------------------------

Now I got kicking for no reason in all servers after 5 mins playing. Just joining game, playing about 5 mins and then got "You were kicked of the game" and thats all, I can join other server, but again same s**t happens, the hell is this???

Edited by Deliux
  • Like 1