shinobivsme

Connecting Failed

Yeah the mouse thing is weird. Il maybe pm svarskampe about that. But it was working fine untill I had this connecting failed issue.

With regards to the connection failed issue. Ive noticed that another clan member of ours who had not played yesterday was able to join our server this morning. He went away for a bit, now he comes back to connecting failed. So something is updating in game perhaps that is then preventing players from rejoining the server. This only seems to have occurred from last night that I can notice as we had players coming and going all yesterday and last night.

yea its really weird! if you can get them to try the steps I mentioned and see what happens, and maybe post here, the more people we get in one place with the issue, the more chance we have of fixing it or getting help from the devs

Same thing, was just playing on my clans server for the most of the morning, all the players started dropping like flies when they tried to disconnect-reconnect, eventually ended up with just me on the server for an hour before server restart. Now I can't get back on.

HI SSKludde, Can't help with that, its an entirely different issue by the look of it, id recommend making a separate post for that one! but you could try fully removing battleye with the uninstall tool then starting from scratch?

on another note seems to be happening on more servers than ever for me today! can still get on some but more often than not I cant!

I think it's pretty the same, since it seems like it has nothing to do with my installation. My friend just got the same problem after like 15-30 minutes after me, and we had been playing a lot the day before. Now we only get connecting failed to the most of the servers, there is one server that we were possible to get in to, SE 6 I think, but after like 2-5 minutes we got BattleEye Error Script Restriction #55.

hmm not sure then Skkludde! its an odd one in general! if anyone one who has a server running getting these issues e.g. sincoza or Hudson please can you consult the server logs and see if there is any mention of a connection attempt, if there is maybe there is also an error or series or errors that may point to the problem

Well, I have a gigabyte ghost m8000, which uses the windows drivers by default. The program with it is just to adapt the DPI settings.

Tried mapping the mousewheelup and mousewheeldown button to the [ and ] keys, though it just seems that the game doesn't recognise the scrolling in itself when launching through six or dayzcommander. Scrolling works fine through the normal beta launcher.

If you map your mousebutton #4 to the same function as scrolling down the game gets playable at least...(and mousebutton 5 for up of course).

Well. for connection problems I'd advise to use a different launcher. There are three at the moment

- Normal beta launcher

- Six launcher

- DayZCommander

Edited by Svardskampe

This is the problem for me and like 7 other guys on my voice chat server. Nobody changed anything and i dont think its a good idea to be fucking about with patches and stuff when the problem came from simply restarting the game, It's been fine for at-least a week with the current patches

Ricky, chances are using a newer beta patch ( which you have to for dayz) or new BE ( again you have too) may one day fix this issue, it may be server side, it may be client side who knows.

Andrewbrownster, I very much doubt you will lose anything, this issue doesn't cause you to die ( well unless we reach the character time out but I think that a month??)

So any word from DEVs or Bohemia? or are we left to figure this out on our own? It's really frustrating. All i did was reset my pc. before that it was fine. the same thing happened to my Dads, Brother and girlfriends ARMA. and like i said around 7 other guys on my voice server. I feel sorry for the guys who just brought this game on sale and have no clue how stuff works.

Also this seems to be a growing problem. Let us know if anyone figures anything out. - Thanks

Edited by ricky

Not as of yet Ricky, I'm hoping the more people we get active in this thread the more chance there is we will find a fix or one of the dev's will look into it! so get those 7 guys in here! Yes its very annoying I've not been able to play properly for about a week and a half now but its an Alpha and although I'm pretty miffed about it I understand its in an early dev cycle.

This is not just a Day Z issue, our group is having trouble with base ARMA 2 with mods. In the middle of a playing session our server suddenly stopped accepting new players connecting, and hasn't worked since.

A few related threads:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41845-95208-connecting-failed/ - other people with the same problem

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41828-server-suddenly-stopped-working/ - Day Z server hosts have their servers suddenly stop working

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135123-Dedicated-Server-NAT-Negotiation-Failed - same issue when running ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead servers

This is not just a Day Z issue, our group is having trouble with base ARMA 2 with mods. In the middle of a playing session our server suddenly stopped accepting new players connecting, and hasn't worked since.

A few related threads:

http://dayzmod.com/f...necting-failed/ - other people with the same problem

http://dayzmod.com/f...topped-working/ - Day Z server hosts have their servers suddenly stop working

http://forums.bistud...otiation-Failed - same issue when running ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead servers

Cheers Caddrel, just had a look in my ArmA2OA.RPT file

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 2)

be interesting to see if everyone else is getting that too fyi its located here:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\

open it with notepad and scroll down to find the latest errors

• Like 1

That's what i get. Anyone know what it means and is there anything the adverage user can do about it or is it a server problem?

Edited by ricky

That's what i get. Anyone know what it means and is there anything the adverage user can do about it or is it a server problem?

That's the error message people are getting.

NNThink is a Gamespy API, and the problem started for people either 8:30 or 9:30GMT yesterday. Originally thought it was a Gamepsy issue and it would pass, but woke up today and still having issues getting people to connect to my ARMA 2 server.

Ricky not at present, but it seems at least we have a more specific error now than "connecting failed" and we know its not just a Dayz issue, so the more data we collect the more BIS/DayZ devs can see and hopefully use to sort the issue!

I thought it was something wrong with my arma at first. But that explains why when i created a server people on the internet could see my server but could not join. Lan uses have no problem joining.

I have Ports forwarded and yesterday people was able to join. This is normal ARMA 2 CO by the way. I dont think it matters wither it Dayz or not.

I patched to the latest beta patch and still have this issue.

Edited by ricky

I was playing on Norway 1 server yesterday with my friends. There was a boot and after that we couldnt join the server nor other norway servers (connecting failed). but other servers work fine.

hmm, hopefully there will be an official response soon, maybe its an issue with gamespy? who knows!

Posted this on the other topics, but may as well put it here as well: A friend did some research:

"On the servers where I can connect, Arma immediately tries to connect to port 2302

Whereas the games where it doesn't work, ArmA tries to negotiate the UDP using 69.10.30.x IPs - I'm guessing those are the negotiation servers.

(And they answer with ICMP Destination unreachable)

IGN owns Gamespy, right?

The 69.10.30.x IPs resolve through IGN's dns servers.

It could be that in case where the server is behind a NAT it'll do the negotiation."

Doesn't help solve the problem at all, but at least gets us closer to figuring out what's going wrong.

Edited by Caddrel

Thanks mate really appreciate the Pin!

Interesting. I have this issue...

Pinned for research.

A temporary solution which works for clients. Quoting my friend again:

"I just tested joining through Six Updater and that one managed to join a server I couldn't join through the in-game browser.

*I started my local server without changing anything*

Not seeing your server in that list though so refreshing it. Takes a while.

Well that is interesting.

I'm in"

You CAN join servers that you get Connecting Failed to by using the Six Updater. You can join servers through the Six Updater's built-in server list.

The Six Updater adds the command line parameters " -connect=<the Server IP here> -port=2302".

Edited by Caddrel