shinobivsme

Connecting Failed

My Server has this Problem.

"DE 752" the server running on Port 10300.

The server is located in Dusseldorf, Germany.

The problem started yesterday evening at 8 clock.

Only a few people come to my server, but many German have this problem by connecting.

Serverlog:

16:00:14 NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

16:00:47 NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

16:00:57 NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

16:01:04 NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

• Like 1

Caddrel, this works for some people but not all! I did noticed something else.

a few of the servers in question do not appear in 6 launcher, they will appear on Dayz commander as unresponsive and will appear in the in game browser as normal. now I know the Admin of the server in particular that I started to get trouble from and hes restarted and restarted to no avail it just doesn't appear!

Don't take offence, but I'm glad that it's not just me whose been having this issue. I only bought the game yesterday, so I'm very distressed that I can't seem to play it anymore :( For the record, every time I try to access a server, it says "connecting" or whatever, and then "Connecting Failed" - it does this for EVERY server- I've tried at least 30 different ones from different locations, pings and player counts. I have the latest version of DayZ, ArmaII and OA

Taiwendo thanks for the server info. so what im thinking so far is there is an issue at gamespy (see posts by caddrell) where in that certain servers perhaps arnt correctly connected up to the central gamespy servers/cluster or whatnot. (which could explain how some servers don't appear on server lists or do as unresponsive) and thus when a client tries to connect it routes them into a dead end where it disconnects because it cant see the server. now I did some googling earlier about gamespy and the Nat negotiation failed. and it seems this has happened before with gamespy on other games, ranging from total war to Axis & Allies. exact same problem. People cant see the server or get onto it then they check their game logs and have Nat Negotiation failed. I haven't as yet come across anyone ever getting a fix for these issues and obviously it would be different for each game anyway, unless the issue is directly on Gamespy and they just sort it out themselves!

Radishead, welcome to the club, please try everything in my first post and report back!

Edited by Shinobi

Shinobi, when you tried from the Six-Launcher. Did you join the server from the launcher or just the game? Cause when I launch the game without joining a server directly from the server browser I can't join.

This has been going on for almost 24 hours and no official word from anyone..

Same problem. have it on gb #00 blabla ziip.com, before patch 95168 no problem, now have tried 95208 also and both don't work. will try sixlauncher and report back.

I'm having a completely different problem and I'm simply posting here because everyone seems to be active on this thread and I'd really appreciate some assistance with this problem.

Here is the actual thread that I've made regarding it: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39434-arma-2-oa-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close/

Whenever I try to run the patches, the beta patch crashes to the desktop before the loading bar is complete. However, if I try to run the original arma2oa.exe file, the game remains at version 1.60 and won't bump up to the 1.62 patch that I've installed. It's very strange, and I'd really appreciate some help here.

Hi Trevor sorry you have a problem but please don't try and hijack this thread

Caddrel, this works for some people but not all!

Hrm, that's annoying. We tested it on one public server and one private server (hosted on someone's machine) running ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead with mods.

• Like 2

Hrm, that's annoying. We tested it on one public server and one private server (hosted on someone's machine) running ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead with mods.

yea its weird, great that it works for some people but its no solution really! thanks again for the detective and testing work you have done so far, hopefully it will be useful to the devs if they read this

yea its weird, great that it works for some people but its no solution really! thanks again for the detective and testing work you have done so far, hopefully it will be useful to the devs if they read this

Just to double-check, what does your .rpt file say when you try to join using the Six Updater?

Make sure to use the Six Updater not the Six Launcher; have no idea whether the Six Launcher will work at all.

Same problem. have it on gb #00 blabla ziip.com, before patch 95168 no problem, now have tried 95208 also and both don't work. will try sixlauncher and report back.

Confirmed, can log in using sixupdater. cannot using ingame browser.

Im part of ZiiP. We have had issue all day. The guys have got round it by using six launcher fix. But still a problem using in game browser to connect.

95208 Was running fine for a while, untill last night we started getting these connecting failed issues.

• Like 1

Im part of ZiiP. We have had issue all day. The guys have got round it by using six launcher fix. But still a problem using in game browser to connect.

95208 Was running fine for a while, untill last night we started getting these connecting failed issues.

Other than this weird issiue, great server _O_ stable and all. First server where my group seriously started pitching tents :)

This isnt a problem with patches. or battleeye right? i don't think swapping between versions is going to help. if you're new or not sure about patching and battle-eye then i don't recommend changeing any patches, you may just corrupt your game. as far as i can tell something is wrong with the server tracker?

Ricky when this first happened a few people I know managed to get in after updating battle eye which is why i suggested it! :) The server I was playing on isn't listed on 6 launcher for some reason, if anyone can give me the name of a confirmed none working server I will test it tomorrow as I'm off home now

Im not sure why battleye would be the problem. If I can connect via 6 launcher I must be using the most upto date battleye surely? And according to when I do log in this way battleye is verified as the current version 1.165.

This isnt a problem with patches. or battleeye right?

"Connecting failed" can happen for a lot of reasons, which doesn't help. But a lot of people and servers are having "Connecting failed" issues accompanied by NAT and NNThink errors in their log file, which is what started happening last evening.

Check your .rpt log file to be sure (see earlier in this thread for where it's located).

i've tried turning it off server side on normal arma, still the same problem.

How do I join servers through six updater? I've got the server list up, but it doesn't look like there's a way to join via it (unless you mean the six launcher, which I doubt (since that's the method that I'm getting the connecting failed error))

I get same error, but won't work even with DayZ Commander, Six Updater AND Six launcher. Stuck on Wait for Host or Connecting failed.

How do I join servers through six updater? I've got the server list up, but it doesn't look like there's a way to join via it (unless you mean the six launcher, which I doubt (since that's the method that I'm getting the connecting failed error))

Make sure your Day Z preset is selected on the left. Then right-click the server you want under "Server Browser", go to the "Updater Actions" sub-menu, then select "Join the server".

It is possible to filter by name and other parameters by using the boxes over the various columns. To search for servers with "UK" in them, filter by "%UK" in the box above name for example.

Can't login to any server too. Always "Connection Failed" - Error. PLS FIX!!