Sign in to follow this  
Sheldon (DayZ)

Six Launcher Updated - Now Nothing Works

So, I was playing just fine and closed Arma 2 for a moment. Six Launcher then said an update was out and I hit the update button, there hasn't been any news on it so I was just wondering what was going on. I've tried to downgrade both the ARMA 2 beta patches and replace the DayZ .pbo files in my Steam folder and still, nothing is happening. The same thing just happened to a clanmate at the same time it happened to me. Is this normal, and how long does it generally take to be able to play again?

I've tried using Arma 2 Launcher aswell to no success.

Yeah im having the same problem right now, really sucks because i was wanting to play because i couldnt sleep. Such a let down. :l

This sixlauncher stuff needs to be sorted out? How can they get updates even before the main site or forum is updated?

I believe it was a beta/expansion update... so yea, I believe the servers gotta catch up now...

I believe it was a beta/expansion update... so yea, I believe the servers gotta catch up now...

The beta update was yesterday.

Yeah, this is pure bullshit. Need to fucking make it optional to update. I clicked to join a server and it updated automatically. Now my friends and I can't join any servers. Stays locked in the black "Wait for Host" screen.

Yeah, this is pure bullshit. Need to fucking make it optional to update. I clicked to join a server and it updated automatically. Now my friends and I can't join any servers. Stays locked in the black "Wait for Host" screen.

Same thing happens to me. "Wait for host".

Im assuming server owners/providers will have to release a patch/update so it'll work. Anyone up for minecraft in the mean time? i have a server i run :3

the automatic beta patch install through six launcher is optional, take a look at the options in six launcher.

It looks like none of the servers are aware of the update.

I can see several servers (claiming to) run the new beta patch, but i get the very same "Wait for Host" and the occasional "BattlEye Initialization Failed" on every single one of them.

Follow this guide then follow my instructions and it will work.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36328-updating-beta-patch-fix/

I believe there is a permissions issue.

Download one of the older beta patches and install them.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

New beta patch isn't working with BattleEye yet, so you can't play. Downgrade or wait.