Sign in to follow this  
John Johnson

Players camping towns for new players

Simple suggestion:

For 5/10 minutes upon spawning a new life, you have immunity from killing other players AND being killed. Zombies not included.

Why?

I think it's obvious. You're new to this game, or you're starting a new life and you're trying to get a few supplies and you find everything is looted and there's players everywhere that will just shoot you. It's unfair to new players that are playing this game, and if this happens, could most likely push players away from playing this.

Edited by John Johnson
  • Like 1

even with 5minutes of immunity is a big advantage, say you have a head start of 30mins and you gather everything? via supplies weapons etc..

after 30mins, you camp and try and kill other players. now that's just not worth the time and effort. actually its not pushing players to not play this game. its actually Pushing PLAYERS TO PLAY THIS GAME

• Like 2

Hunter, you're clearly biased to this because you're most likely ONE OF THOSE campers that do this.

It's such a pain in the ass to spawn and then just get killed, even if you yell out "Friendly!"

i think that a bit of a learning curve for new players is a good idea, totally. i know everyone is hard core and thinks that the new players should just shut up and learn, but we all were new once, and we all at least learn after the first death how to play, and slowly put things together. i think a quicker respawn after death would be ideal... maybe for 30 minutes after death or a new weapon is picked up, the character of the player doesnt disconnect when killed. maybe a bit of code could be applied to it so when try again is clicked or what have you. just something to keep that player from raging out and not trying again. this could apply to all players even.

Hunter, you're clearly biased to this because you're most likely ONE OF THOSE campers that do this.

It's such a pain in the ass to spawn and then just get killed, even if you yell out "Friendly!"

i am actually the Survivor type that does not shoot unless shot at. im just clearly stating that it is irrelevant to have such a thing in the first place. im not being biased i am just being Real about the game

Edited by Asasaint

i am actually the Survivor type that does not shoot unless shot at. im just clearly stating that it is irrelevant to have such a thing in the first place. im not being biased i am just being Real about the game

i feel that everytime a player dies, they usually learn a lesson. what that lesson is, that is up to the player. when a player dies after sitting for five minutes to load. then takes a few steps into a village and dies again, he learned nothing. let the man try again without that super long wait. i personally feel that the super long wait should be a mechanic later in the alpha, err beta, err whatever it is.

i feel that this would also be incredibly beneficial to new players, and keep them playing long enough to learn all these lessons, like using the scroll wheel to loot a body and such. and the all important lesson of if he is shooting at you, he is not friendly.

Simple suggestion:

For 5/10 minutes upon spawning a new life, you have immunity from killing other players AND being killed. Zombies not included.

Why?

I think it's obvious. You're new to this game, or you're starting a new life and you're trying to get a few supplies and you find everything is looted and there's players everywhere that will just shoot you. It's unfair to new players that are playing this game, and if this happens, could most likely push players away from playing this.

Avoid big cities such as Cerno and Elektro if you're alone cause they're more likely to be camped than other places. I've died multiple times doing PvP against bandits and never complaint about my starting gears. A wise advice: act smart and fight brave ( don't alt + F4 during PvP ). Experience is the best teacher. :)

Its the threat of PVP that always keeps me in suspense. When you first spawn you can either risk it and go to a big city for loot or you can head for the hills and look for food and water and deer stands.

Some of the combat tactics you will learn in Dayz are the same tactics you might one day have to use in real life. I like to play this game doing things that I would do in real life, for example, before entering a town I search the hills for any enemy snipers and if possible I let one of my friends watch as I enter the town. Or if we dont have snipers then we both enter the town and one player will hide outside the building watching for enemy players while I search the building and vice versa. I try not to shoot on sight unless the player is armed and is coming my way or if I hear a heart beat (bandit signal) when I aim at them.

• Like 1

Oh, I personally don't mind dying. I just feel bad for new players (just found one, he walked into barbed wire)

new players getting killed? oh no... you have nothing to lose whats the big deal

im actually in the works of makign a compilation sniping unarmed players

Edited by A.Jones

when you said unfair you went against everything this game stands for

the game is meant to be unfair

the game is meant to kill u over and over and over and over even when you invest massive amount of time.

you make this game fair then it will be like all the casual bullshit on the market

you know what ruined wow? players like you asking to have a fair gear cap so everything is nerfed and trivial.

• Like 1

I've never been sniped as a noob. Not even near Electro. I suggest your doing something wrong.

• Like 1

when you said unfair you went against everything this game stands for

the game is meant to be unfair

the game is meant to kill u over and over and over and over even when you invest massive amount of time.

you make this game fair then it will be like all the casual bullshit on the market

you know what ruined wow? players like you asking to have a fair gear cap so everything is nerfed and trivial.

Sounds like you're upset.

I never played WoW. It's a terrible game.

Secondly, I'm only suggesting something, is there really any need for you to be negative about my suggestion and attack me about it? No. There's not. I just don't appreciate people camping towns, it's just like playing Call of Duty: Modern Derpfest

just calm down, understand that this game is meant to be hard, rocket wants this game to be a pain in the butt, thats how it is...

the only time i complained about other players killing me was when i didnt see the game as a huge deathmatch arena filled with zombies, now i dont even care i tip my hat to whoever kills me

oh well i know its annoying but you start with nothing good, and what do they gain? a kill? oh well lets the ass hole think he's the shit because he killed a player whom could not defend them self;)

• Like 1

oh well i know its annoying but you start with nothing good, and what do they gain? a kill? oh well lets the ass hole think he's the shit because he killed a player whom could not defend them self;)

The player, i think, would more likely be dieing from that signature first timer mistake. walking or running immediately along the beach and being eaten by zombies when passing a building.

"What about if they're able to shoot you through a wall? Then would you get annoyed? "

Yeah lets make it more like a zombies Halo <_<

Edited by Badhaggis

Sounds like you're upset.

I never played WoW. It's a terrible game.

Secondly, I'm only suggesting something, is there really any need for you to be negative about my suggestion and attack me about it? No. There's not. I just don't appreciate people camping towns, it's just like playing Call of Duty: Modern Derpfest

yea im fucking upset, you want to shape the game to suit your needs disregarding how others feel.

your selfishness upsets me

No, he's not "clearly biased." Your idea is bad.

If you're being shot within 5 minutes of spawning, you're doing something wrong. To be seen within 5 minutes of spawning, you practically have to run headlong down the main highway into the nearest high-bandit area, throwing smoke grenades and flares while waving a sign saying "Shoot me, you bandit pansies!"

No immunity. Deal with the snipers, deal with the PvP, survive.

I know now why the guy who posted this thread did it.

Yesterday I had to respawn because of some stupid glitch where my character teleported outside the map. I went around unarmed to Cherno to look for a quick loot and what did I find?

Player with AK74 who looked at me for 2 seconds, saw that I was an unarmed new player, and shoots me twice for no reason. Come on fellas, this is getting stupid now. Play the game like you would in real life and stop shooting people on sight even though they are of absolutely no threat to anyone.

No, sounds extremely wrong and it would just minus the effect of removing makarov and five clips from starting. There´s surely better ways to make spawn camping more rare.

and this game has already so many desync issues, how do you expect them to do something like that out of nowhere?

it´s not as common to get shot at spawn area as it seems, just avoid huge cities like cherno or electro, go to small towns or head to the inland. Simple as that.

Edited by Eza