Jf1ve

Have been trying to play Dayz for 5 hours, nothing works.

Here's the deal:

I can run Arma2, I can run Arma 2:OA and join multiplayer games.

I installed dayz, first by six-install, and then tried via worrom later to attempt to fix errors.

I followed the exact instructions to install the game: Beta, Launch options changed, dayz files all in correct folders, everything.

I've attempted to move around *.exe files as other people recommend. No dice.

I can't right-click >> "re-install battleeye" in steam. When I try this, steam tells me the game is unavailable. So, I installed it manually.

Basically I go into "waiting for character to create" screen and then it changes to a black screen with nothing other than "Loading" near the bottom. That's it, no amount of waiting gets me into a server.

It's been 5 hours now. In the immortal words of Tyler Durden: "I want to destroy something beautiful."

If anyone has any tips that make sense, I'll be very thankful.

Hello Jf1ve,

You mentioned that steams says the game is unavailable.

Can you please go to Steam, right click Arma 2, go to properties, then to Local Files, and finally select "Verify integrity of game cache".

Then repeat this process for Arma 2: OA.

EDIT:

Also make sure you're running Steam as Administrator.

Edited by Honeypuff

Hello Jf1ve,

You mentioned that steams says the game is unavailable.

Can you please go to Steam, right click Arma 2, go to properties, then to Local Files, and finally select "Verify integrity of game cache".

Then repeat this process for Arma 2: OA.

I did this multiple times for each. Every time it finds 1 file to download. Every time.

I'm also running as administrator already.

What do you mean, "Main screen" ?

Honestly I don't know. I got pissed off and deleted everything. Now I'm having steam re-download all of the files. Why would that matter? I was joining dayz servers... and I had dayz installed...

It's not anyone's fault that I purchased Arma-2 just for this, but I think it's ridiculous that this is pretty much the only game I've played in like 5 years with mods that are this difficult to run. In fact every other game I've played with mods, ten years ago for that matter, worked.

Edited by Jf1ve

i also have this problem right before i get into the game theres this black loading screen with a loading bar in the bottom and it never progresses it just stays on that screen forever