Sign in to follow this  
John Johnson

I have no idea

I'll join a game, then I get kicked for "Bad version, server rejected" or whatever it says. The main part is "Bad version", okay, I can understand the error. But why I'm getting it is a different story. I use Six Launcher and somehow I have the wrong version? It was working fine last night, all of the servers have the same Day Z 1.7.2.3 version that I have. So why can't I play a server?

I also seen another server on the list somewhere that said "1.7.4" so it's out but we can't download it?

I would like to be able to play this. I don't know what I've done wrong, or if I've actually done anything. It was working and now it's not.

Huh? I thought that if a new Day Z update comes out, when you launch Six Launcher it will automatically update the mod itself?

Yes, I'll take a screenshot if I find it.

I've deleted the mod manually, and I redownloaded it and it's still giving me that error. Do I NEED the beta patch to play Day Z? Because I haven't downloaded it ever and I've been able to play the game, what's suddenly wrong?

Yes, I'll take a screenshot if I find it.

I've deleted the mod manually, and I redownloaded it and it's still giving me that error. Do I NEED the beta patch to play Day Z? Because I haven't downloaded it ever and I've been able to play the game, what's suddenly wrong?

Yes. Server hosters are being "forced" (and I use that word loosely here) now to use the latest beta patch(es) so best get to downloading the latest beta patch and that will fix your problems.

Alright - I just installed it, going to launch the game now. It's so annoying that you HAVE to have the beta patch now. As long as I can still run the game through Six Launcher I'm happy.

Nope. It didn't work, I'm getting that same "Bad version" error. I'm actually getting sick of these copious amounts of errors.

Okay, it turns out that the NZ servers that I'm trying to play on are down, and are glitching by showing there's players in them...

I can't wait for the full release of this.

I'd love to post that it worked. But it didn't. I'm still getting the Bad version error. I have the beta patch installed like you told me to, I even re-installed Day Z. I'm STILL getting this error.

Update: I THINK that it IS the servers, because I made it in to a server and it didn't give me that error. I'm not sure. It could be a combination of the both.

I too have tried NZ servers, just getting bad version errors the whole time. Just gotta settle for a non updated one I think. Good luck!