Sign in to follow this  
alienxxi

The Difference Between A Good Bandit and a Bad Bandit

Bad Bandit - Someone who kills anyone they see on sight for their loot then moves on and repeats this process everytime they run into someone. In my opinion, this isn't fun at all.

Good Bandit - Someone who actually wants to play the bandit role correctly. When they see someone, they will run over to them and attempt to take said person hostage, demand supplies, ect ect. I think this is much more fun then the normal kill on sight bandit. It's a shame maybe 2% of DayZ bandit players actually do this.

no. now hush. the only thing BAD about this game is alt-f4's tbh, anything else doesnt even matter, stop crying about small things, and stop crying about being shot in a game with guns. And also, stop thinking your someone special, and that post is gonna change anything at all, it might be just a statement, but its a bad one, a bandit is a bandit, not good or bad, a survivor is a survivor, not good or bad, bandit/survivor+alt f4=bad player all around.

Are those good Bandits? (skip to 12:25)

Yes, that would be fun as hell to run into rather then your normal kill on sight bandits.

Edited by Bobman

Difference between a good survivor and a bad survivor:

Bad survivor: Someone who attempts to arbitrarily categorize and judge the behaviors of others based on their own personal, subjective opinion on what behaviors are acceptable and which are not. Someone who fantasizes that they can somehow divine ex post facto the intentions of their killers and tell the difference between someone who has killed them "for a reason" and someone who does so purely for enjoyment when in reality there is absolutely no way to tell the difference in the game and they all look the same and the complaint is really just about dying with no regard for the intentions or behavior of the killer. Someone who veils complaints about PvP in general around a vague, wishy-washy complaint about "immersion" and "atmosphere" so that they can side-step the inevitable wave of flaming that comes from people who understand PvP's role in DayZ and how critical it is to the overall experience.

Good survivor: Survives.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Bad survivor: Someone who attempts to arbitrarily categorize and judge the behaviors of others based on their own personal, subjective opinion on what behaviors are acceptable and which are not. Someone who fantasizes that they can somehow divine ex post facto the intentions of their killers and tell the difference between someone who has killed them "for a reason" and someone who does so purely for enjoyment when in reality there is absolutely no way to tell the difference in the game and they all look the same and the complaint is really just about dying with no regard for the intentions or behavior of the killer. Someone who veils complaints about PvP in general around a vague, wishy-washy complaint about "immersion" and "atmosphere" so that they can side-step the inevitable wave of flaming that comes from people who understand PvP's role in DayZ and how critical it is to the overall experience.

I've been surviving for the last three days at the NW Airfield no problem.

making the assumption that each life's duration is its defining aspect

bad bandit = often fails in his or her attempts to obtain loot by nefarious means, lives a couple days each life

good bandit = his or her methods of obtaining loot regularly succeed, lives for weeks on end

or more generally

bad survivor = is well acquainted with death

good survivor = lives for weeks on end

I guess that makes me a bad survivor :(

Are those good Bandits? (skip to 12:25)

Yes, they are. I'd roll with those guys any day!

-MONSTER

I guess that makes me a bad survivor :(

Yes, they are. I'd roll with those guys any day!

-MONSTER

Do you agree that is more fun then then the kill on sight crap? that is what I am talking about. We need more people like them in this game.

Edited by Bobman

I've been surviving for the last three days at the NW Airfield no problem.

Congratulations! Now, just keep doing that and stop making ridiculous threads and you might move from the "bad" category into the "good" one.

Or, don't. Instead, do what I'm sure you're going to do which is make some elaborate attempt to explain how it's possible for you after being shot to know whether the person who shot you did it for a "reason" or did it for "fun."

I want to see the logical twists you get yourself into.

I laugh every time I read it. People who are like "These bandits make the game fun but these other ones ruin the game," yet never has anyone managed to explain how the fuck you know the difference. Both shoot you in the face. You are dead. Respawn on the beach.

The complaint is really "I wish I hadn't been killed. How can I complain about bandits without seeming to complain about bandits? Ooo! I know, I'll make up some bullshit about good bandits vs. bad bandits and see if that catches on."

Do you agree that is more fun then then the kill on sight crap? If so, then that is what I am talking about. We need more people like them in this game.

Yeah, it is more fun on both ends - however, that's still not 'survival of the fittest', which is pretty much what this game centres around. Sure, if there were more people like that, it'd be much more interesting to run around the coast and cities. But on the other hand, what do you think they did to get all that equipment? They probably went to a high-value loot area and killed people on sight. Whether it was for simple survival or to simply remove a potential obstacle, they still did it.

PKing is a core part of this game - it happens that it's easier to accomplish this by simply not engaging with anything other than aggressive gunfire.

Congratulations! Now, just keep doing that and stop making ridiculous threads and you might move from the "bad" category into the "good" one.

Or, don't. Instead, do what I'm sure you're going to do which is make some elaborate attempt to explain how it's possible for you after being shot to know whether the person who shot you did it for a "reason" or did it for "fun."

I want to see the logical twists you get yourself into.

I laugh every time I read it. People who are like "These bandits make the game fun but these other ones ruin the game," yet never has anyone managed to explain how the fuck you know the difference. Both shoot you in the face. You are dead. Respawn on the beach.

The complaint is really "I wish I hadn't been killed. How can I complain about bandits without seeming to complain about bandits? Ooo! I know, I'll make up some bullshit about good bandits vs. bad bandits and see if that catches on."

I could care less if I am killed. There is a thing called respawn. I'm just tired of the same old kill on sight bandits. It's more fun when they make it interesting.

+1 exactly, would've given beans but i'm out for today lol.

You're all wrong

Good Bandit: Kills those he thinks will be worth it, ignores noobs with smal coyote packs. Will avoid players and ambush them quickly for the kill and loot.

Bad Bandit: hurr 420 xx_quiksc0pe_sn1p3r_3l1t3_xx shoots everyone on sight, even those he has no chance of killing, will often be outgunned and killed. Thinks this is call of duty and every kill nets him +50 pts.

Bad Bandit - Someone who kills anyone they see on sight for their loot then moves on and repeats this process everytime they run into someone. In my opinion, this isn't fun at all.

Good Bandit - Someone who actually wants to play the bandit role correctly. When they see someone, they will run over to them and attempt to take said person hostage, demand supplies, ect ect. I think this is much more fun then the normal kill on sight bandit. It's a shame maybe 2% of DayZ bandit players actually do this.

Love people like you who just want to play out their fantasies and are butthurt when not everyone plays along. So lame. It´s not your game.

So it's settled;

You either die trying to be a good bandit

or you live long enough to see yourself become the bad bandit.

I could care less if I am killed...I'm just tired of the same old kill on sight bandits. It's more fun when they make it interesting.

Okay, well, this isn't your local drama club. The people who "make it interesting" are doing it for theater. So they can make a Youtube video and get a bunch of hits or likes or upvotes or whatever form of internet social acceptance they're after.

Doing this kind of stuff - robbery, hold-ups, kidnapping, etc. - has no practical application in the game. Standing around poking and prodding someone who wants to kill you while making a ton of noise and staying in one place for awhile. It's dangerous and silly and no self-respecting player who is interested in actually surviving is going to do it on a regular basis.

If I want your stuff I'm going to kill you and take it, not put on a show for you.

This whole robbery myth is based on a handful of Youtube videos. It's not common practice for very good reason.

Now, that's not to say I'm not open to discussing mechanics that might help make things like this common. But right now those mechanics don't exist so asking people to partake just for the sake of it is a bit much.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

A group of friends and I, when we're feeling particularly bandity (not often in my case), will hold up players we see and order them to tell us a joke. If we like the joke, they live. If we don't, well... more beans for us.

Jokes on you, ALT-F4! (or abort... )

XD

snip

did you just defend the KOS mentility? O.o Now I understand that it is the better option to robbing them. However maybe something should be done about that so robbing them is the better option?

... on the other hand, what do you think they did to get all that equipment?

Went to their clan's private barracks (read:tent city) where an infinite number of tents self-replicate with NVG's, M107's, ammo, and ghillies? Others, the griefers who congregate around Cherno/Electro, I suspect just spawn the gear themselves so they can get their slaughter on faster.