ChinWooMan

I have become a monster..

surviving against zombies was fun for about a week or so, but the game is alot more fun pvp'ing now, my whole group agrees.

This may just be one of the best pvp games ive ever played

*slow clap* congratulations, you won 3 internet tough guy points

LoL

Its a dog eat dog world, trust NO one! kill or be killed, If you want to play with others I'd strongly suggest you find a clan to game with other then that you wont find an honest player that's the nature of being online. I'm a good guy in real life but I wouldn't hesitate to blow your head off in-game. In fact I'd smile and say I got one while checking through your loot. ;)

Some form of Bandit identification needs to be implemented so you can trust people without having to blast them before any interaction takes place.

I've played games before with really good systems like this.

The best I've seen is a game called Conquer, which is a terrible game, but has a great PK system.

Everyone starts out being a "white named" player.

Whenever you kill a "white named" player, you get a PK point.

For a duration after attacking or killing a white named player you get "red named" which means people can kill you and not gain pk points.

If you get more than 5 pk points you remain red named until you drop below 5 points (it took 30 minutes of in game time to lose 1 pk point.)

If you get more than 10 pk points you get black named. Black named players don't get you pk points AND there is a bounty on their head (in that game it was their equipment, but since that already happens maybe they should just take a big penalty on their next lives for a duration or drop a trophy item or something?)

At any rate, if this system was in place, you'd know not to trust red or black named players.

I do not get why killing on sight is such a sore spot. In a situation where you, maybe your family or friends were in a fight to survive, you would have to be extremely careful. It is like this for myself and many others. I do not go out of my way to kill others. I have been party to killing for loot with others, yet I have not killed all, or tried to kill, all the people I have seen. Yet if you see me and come towards me, I consider it a threat, no matter how much "I am friendly" I hear in the voice chat.You have any idea how many times I died believing that. Play with those you know. An apocalypse is no time to be making new friends that you can not trust with your life.

Edited by Strawcrow

I really like that DayZ does not use things other games have used and hope the no rules sandbox survival stays intact.

At any rate, if this system was in place, you'd know not to trust red or black named players.

*runs over to white name guy* Ha'i thar, will you be my fwend pweety pwease? *does happy dance* and they all skip off hand in hand across the field to make daisy crowns for each other ..... -_-

plays on vet server *runs over to .....no name plates run the frak away!!!*

people get edgy and shoot first then make up excuses later "aww ive been killed 7 times boohoo so i kill first now" no thats your inner asshole comming out to play dont make excuses for it

you want better gear/want to keep your gear/dont want to do the beach thing again so you shoot the rest is just crap made up to justify your actions and pretend your not bieng a complete dick

i am a near complete dick, ill shoot you if you have nice gear, ill shoot you if your heading my way (even roughly my way) .. if you couldnt Alt+f4 away id shoot you in the leg run up behind you and steal all your gear while you lie on the floor waiting for the head shot, then id shoot you in the other leg and run away just incase you have morphined while down there and decided chopping me up with an axe is a good idea

the game doesnt need pretty name tags, it doent need mmo toggle switches for pvp, it needs the killed counter ripped out so the hey look at my E-peen i mean murder rate wanna be bandits can sadface all over the forums

banditrys a state of mind not a kill count, and you becase a monster becasue you chose to, not were driven to it so cut the QQ excuses and just admit you kill ppl becasue you can,

Monster admitted to it, they chose to add that 1 to the murder count, not sure you would have done it if there wasnt a mruder counter in the first place(?) but your honest about it so here :beans: :beans: you deserve them

Edited by stuffnthings

I'm a bit torn, honestly. I'm kind of a jerk IRL, and I like the idea of killing other people for a can of food. It fits the theme of the game (as I percieve it) very well, and it does lead to a heightened sense of tension when encountering unknown individuals.

One thing few people consider, when KoS'ing? I don't solo. If you see me, I'll be alone, but I don't play solo. So go ahead and put one in my noggin, but do it from cover, and don't expect that you'll get to loot my corpse. I've died 4 times so far, to other players (I've only been playing for a few days), and I still have all the loot I wanted to hang on to.

Survival tip; a smart team has dedicated rifles where you least expect them. Never assume anyone is alone, being willing to co-operate could end up with you being added to the group, and given what you need to survive, rather than left in the dirt with an empty pack.

See you in Cherno.

Just got sniped today, it was my mistake, got attacked by zombies on wide area, and I though I was there alone, someone probably heard my M9 and spotted me... I though that if I'd find someone in wilderness, it would be friendlier meeting, but then I realised, that it cannot be, wherever I was, I was actually looking for a place to stay over night, and I actually passed an empty tent, so I assume, the one who killed me just considered that being his territory - no blame tho, I found pretty good loot in nearby villages, but next time, if I decide to stay over night somewhere, I will make sure I am not the one who gets sniped down - its not about pleasure of killing others, its about making the spot where I want to keep my ATV safe, if I kill the players arround I can be sure they wont be coming back for a while(it takes rougly 2 hours of clear runing from spawning point to get there:))

Just got sniped today, it was my mistake, got attacked by zombies on wide area, and I though I was there alone, someone probably heard my M9 and spotted me... I though that if I'd find someone in wilderness, it would be friendlier meeting, but then I realised, that it cannot be, wherever I was, I was actually looking for a place to stay over night, and I actually passed an empty tent, so I assume, the one who killed me just considered that being his territory - no blame tho, I found pretty good loot in nearby villages, but next time, if I decide to stay over night somewhere, I will make sure I am not the one who gets sniped down - its not about pleasure of killing others, its about making the spot where I want to keep my ATV safe, if I kill the players arround I can be sure they wont be coming back for a while(it takes rougly 2 hours of clear runing from spawning point to get there:))

Sounds like you are dealing with scrubs a true bandit if he wanted to take that Atv you would have already been dead,True bandits do not travle alone they mostly travle with rl friends trust me ur atv is nothing to them only to the scrubs wanting to travle faster, True bandits will just kill you and blow up ur atv just to make you cry.

Sounds like you are dealing with scrubs a true bandit if he wanted to take that Atv you would have already been dead,True bandits do not travle alone they mostly travle with rl friends trust me ur atv is nothing to them only to the scrubs wanting to travle faster, True bandits will just kill you and blow up ur atv just to make you cry.

We call these bandits the Trolls...they are the guys who will run in and axe you when you have no weapon so you have a broken leg and then leave you, and all other bandits are just bandito's, someone who will shoot you on sight and be like gear gear gear gear gear vehicle? VEHICLE! and then they too will die to a troll and so on and so forth in a never ending cycle

ITS A PVP GAME< GET OVER IT

Its not a game buddy, see rockets statements for proof.

I am not sure if he saw my ATV, cos I kept it parked near by in forrest, not easily visible, I bet he found it later after I died...funny thing is, he didnt get a kill for me, coz when he shot me, I just fell down, but the gunshot brought attention of zombie, who then killed me, coz I could not defend myself

Edited by Zheiko

Its not a game buddy, see rockets statements for proof.

It's a game - the creator can't distinguish between simple entertainment and work. Good for him.

-MONSTER