Sign in to follow this  
DTsoy

Forcing a certain refresh rate in ArmA 2 CO.

Hey there guys.

My frame rate is normally 50-60 when I'm in outdoor areas, and drops to 40-50 when I go into large cities like Elektro or Cherno. So, I wanted to force my refresh rate in the ARMA2OA.cfg file to be 45, so that I get a constant frame rate when I enable vsync.

However, when I turn on Vsync, the frame rate caps at the default refresh rate value of 60 fps. I check the ARMA2OA.cfg file and the refresh rate has been reverted to 60 even though I saved it as 45.

Does anybody know why this happens, and how I can force the game to think my refresh rate is 45? Experiencing these huge frame rate drops is sort of hampering my experience.

Alternatively, does anybody know of another way to cap your frame rate at a certain value?

Thanks in advance.

^you have a 60hz monitor, also sync Vsync to 60 fps :)

i dont think you get the question

That's exactly what's happening, my Vsync gives me 60fps. but I tried changing my refresh rate in the ArmA2OA config file to 45, so that the game would think my refresh rate is 45, so that Vsync would give me 45 fps, which doesn't happen

You can't change to a refresh rate that your monitor does not support. The only thing you can do is use a Frame-Rate Limiter. NVIDIA Inspector has one that allows you to do it. See my post HERE.

ETA: Also be sure to still enable VSYNC as it gives a FPS boost.

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 1

You can't change to a refresh rate that your monitor does not support. The only thing you can do is use a Frame-Rate Limiter. NVIDIA Inspector has one that allows you to do it. See my post HERE.

ETA: Also be sure to still enable VSYNC as it gives a FPS boost.

Hold up just a second. I have no idea how to make it work - I have my Nvidia inspector open at the ArmA2:OA profile, but the Frame Rate Limiter option is greyed out. How do I make it set at 45 fps?

I would love you forever if you helped me solve this issue.

EDIT: Also, is this going to hold even though I'm using the beta patch of ArmA 2?

Edited by DTsoy

Did you try clicking on it still? When they are grey it usually means it's set to default. And yes it works with the Beta patches.

• Like 1

Never mind, I got it working.

SimJedi, seriously, thanks for this. You have my beans. All of them.

• Like 1

Your very welcome and thanks in return.

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 1