Sign in to follow this  
pwnage13371

Flamethrowers

What is a zombie game without a flamethrower?? What do you mean "there are none?"

I think Flamethrowers should be added to the game.

• It would be short ranged, only 50-80 meters. Wikipedia ftw
  • It would only be found rarely at military based buildings.
  • It ould use Jerry Cans to fill the container.
  • Fire would burn ground, making it injure whoever passes through it.
  • Jumping into water extinguishes flames.
  • If a burning player touches you, you get hurt.
  • Fire emits light, making it bad to use at night, but a good light source.
  • Burning animals makes cooked meat.
  • If on fire, you slowly lose blood, but don't suffer from broken bones for obvious reasons.
  • If shot in the gas tank, you either, 1( Lose gas, or 2( Explode. <-- Depends on type of gun. If it's a grenade, you're fucked. :/
  • Flaming zombies will run considerable faster for a short amount of time.
  • Destorys buildings?
  • May burn players inventory items when on fire.
  • Vechicles explode after a few seconds while on fire.

• Like 1

Are flame throwers even viable modern weapons anymore?

And if was a rigged one... made by a civilian, it wouldn't be found in military areas.

I say nay to this idea. Sorry dude.

And if was a rigged one... made by a civilian, it wouldn't be found in military areas.

I say nay to this idea. Sorry dude.

They are not used in modern weapons, but this is a fhooping video game bro.

"Flamethrowers are occasionally used for igniting controlled burns for land management and agriculture. For example, in the production of sugar cane, where canebrakes are burned to get rid of the dry dead leaves which clog harvesters, and incidentally kill any lurking venomous snakes." -Wikipedia

Maybe in the fire stations then?

impossible, engine limitations.

So you're saying you can't make a huge flaming bullet that has a slow projectile speed?

I would be against it simply for the fact

Nope. They're no longer 'legal' weapons to carry into battle. They can however be made/manufactured for civilian recreation.

I think a flamethrower just doesn't fit the game. It's something you'd be unlikely to find in general, and unable to find militarily. It's an overkill weapon.

Edited by LockeDown

Depends on how you classify a "flame thrower". In many regards its a perfectly feasible make shift weapon.

Doesn't some bounty hunter in Star Wars use a flamethower?

Yes I know that was bad ^

Edited by pwnage13371

Doesn't some bounty hunter in Star Wars use a flamethower?

Yes I know that was bad ^

Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Bossk etc..haha huge star wars fan

Depends on how you classify a "flame thrower". In many regards its a perfectly feasible make shift weapon.

Easier than making a makeshift flamethrower, make a pipebomb. Or a nutbuster made from a shotgun shell, or a functioning shotgun made only with a pipe and nail. There's lots of things you could make simply and reasonably.

Makeshift. If there were some kind of building system I would find the idea more approachable, but there isn't. So unless that becomes an inplemented feature- I don't think makeshift weapons have much place.

Edited by LockeDown

So you're saying you can't make a huge flaming bullet that has a slow projectile speed?

even if its possible its will not reach the effect that you looking for, also I dont think that zombie/player will start burning after hit from it.

Edited by DooM4MR

I don't support the idea but there is such a mod, it's on the "1944 Mod"

This is kind of useless.. but you CAN make a flamethrower with a lighter and a body spray can (most of us probably know this..) so i mean.. its plausible for civilians but i don't think it would be useful in game..

even if its possible its will not reach the effect that you looking for, also I dont think that zombie/player will start burning after hit from it.

You can't add an affect that drains blood like starvation does? :/

Sure, if you want the game to absolutely shit itself trying to run several instances of a trillion flaming bullets. The engine simply can't support this kind of stuff yet, the game is still in alpha and Arma 3 isn't out.