Sign in to follow this  
chaR

How to launch DayZ through Steam OR adjust launch options for sixlauncher

Hey,

I was having severe FPS issues with DayZ & I couldn't understand why (short specs: i5-2500k, 8gig ram, 560ti).

I was constantly having ~30FPS, even with everything as low as possible.

Now I spent some time tweaking & googling and I managed to drive my FPS up to 40-50 on decent settings (which still suprises me for a 3year old game, on a pc that I bought half a year ago & that can run more recent games at higher detail w more FPS).

There was one last tweak I made, which was adjusting the launch options with a line that I found on an ARMA2 optimization thread:

-nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=4 -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNAVY;@ACEX_RU;@CBA;@1078oa;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib

Mainly the -cpucount=4 is what I cared about.

For some reason this launch options line made my FPS shoot up to 100-120 when trying various Arma2 missions.

Yet since I use sixlauncher to play DayZ, the launchoptions aren't ported over (i asume because sixlauncher uses some sort of script).

Now my goal is pretty simply:

I want to be able to play DayZ at a similar framerate as I run arma2 at now, which the launchline parameters seem to have done.

Which would either be done through being able to trick sixlauncher into using those launch parameters or through simply being able to play it through steam.

I know there is a way to play DayZ through steam already, but that involves manually updating the game every time a patch comes out I believe, which doesn't instantly appeal to me knowing the game is in alpha.

I also found this on the steamforums:

Once you update through six updater' date=' you can then launch it through steam. I do this myself. you'll need to overwrite the original launch exe with the beta one & it will work fine.

Not sure about the key problem though. I've never had this myself.[/quote']

Yet I couldn't find how to "overwrite the original launch.exe with the beta one".

I suppose this is the easiest way to fix my problem?

Yet I couldn't find how to "overwrite the original launch.exe with the beta one".

I suppose this is the easiest way to fix my problem?

X:\""\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

go here and copy the arma2OA and past it in the root X:\""\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\