Sign in to follow this  
cordleztoaster

Change Starter Pistol Back To Revolver

Its getting hard to stay alive in chern' date='elctro because people camp it with better weapons knowing its a busy place for people re-spawning in after death needing supplies.

[/quote']

And a zombie apocalypse where people are at each others throats for a can of beans is supposed to be a walk in the flower fields?

The starting gun was changed for a reason! it makes finding a better gun necessaries not just an option, it makes players who have gone out to find better weapons actually not die in one hit to some 5 second old newb, it increases your ammo count for more head shots if your careful, and has a smaller influence in sound so less zombies will attack you.

And of course those two cities are dangerous and full of campers...ITS FULL OF SUPPLIES, the most infact you'll find in the game, if you just spawned it's near outright suicide to even think about goin into the city.

Personally I was hoping for a M9 so the ammo clip would hold 15 rounds but it's something non the less.

Food and Medical seem more common in the two cities, whereas weapons are more plentiful (ammo is another debate) northward.

Is it just me or people love to make a fuss out of nothing a lot? What's wrong with PM? Surely it doesn't have a stopping power of a revolver, but you can make more shots under the same amount of time. One-two shots can drop a zombie easily (and if you run from a horde, which is what a lot of rookies seems to do the first time, it's essential - you're running from them, not killing them). Plus, it has one of the best shot sounds ^ ^

BUT I CAN'T IMMEDIATELY PVP WITH THE MAKAROV!

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS GAME IS TO PVP! HOW DO I PVP WITH MAKAROV?!?!QQQQQ?!?!?!

You are literally Hitler for forcing me to face zombies and search a town in a zombie game for a good gun to gank people with.

Wrong mod for u m8.

No way you didn't get it.

Iam all for the change to the Makarov... In my opinion has made a huge positive impact on the gameplay already.

I'd like to bring up the point that ARMAII was not meant to have zombies' date=' it wasn't meant to be played or stretched this way, and there are certain limits to what is reasonably moddable.

[/quote']

i wouldn't say that. arma is meant to be modded, its meant to be stretched like that. people should investigate what is possible.

I liked the revolver more..

It was more "civilian".

The Makarov still makes me think I'm too military affiliated.

The Makarov is a very common civilian weapon.

Yes I know it is, I've seen you on /k/.

Thing is, military's use the Makarov more than some generic Revolver.

Iam all for the change to the Makarov... In my opinion has made a huge positive impact on the gameplay already.

I agree, the PM has forced people to be more cautious because they can't just turn around and pop the zeds coming at them with one shot to the torso. It also incentivises scrounging for better gear and makes the game a LOT scarier because all you have is a Makarov.

People are just upset that they actually have to work and have BALLS to get the best pistol in the game now, instead of spawning with it.

I've only played the mod since the Makarov was switched in, and from what ive seen of it in action it does fine for my uses, i don't see the point of going back to the revolver since the mod is all about survival and that means going out and finding better equipment and to be given one of the best pistols in the game as a starter weapon just doesnt fit that for me.

I say keep the makarov. its not the best gun but its sure not the shittiest. you want to start with a crossbow instead with 2 extra arrows?

revolver is a really good weapon, thats why you shouldnt spawn with it.

and there is allot of weapons. use your brain and use stealth and go into a firestation or a store and you will most likely find a much better weapon. Ive seen winchester/lee enfield or revolver in every store I have been looting. so its not hard to find weapons.