Sign in to follow this  
Denkkraft

Give Waterpumps random chance to be contaminated

imho its way too easy to get water from waterpumps and ponds via canteens, so give waterpumps/ponds a random chance to be contaminated. an indicator could be flies nearby or something like that and the effect might be sickness or bloodloss if consumed. this mechanic should force people to improvise.

:)

. this mechanic should force people to improvise.

The entire game is one long improvisation....

imho its way too easy to get water from waterpumps and ponds via canteens, so give waterpumps/ponds a random chance to be contaminated. an indicator could be flies nearby or something like that and the effect might be sickness or bloodloss if consumed. this mechanic should force people to improvise.

I actually really like this idea! :thumbsup:

But the thing is, the infection is a virus, the reason youre alive is because youre immune. think about it, whether it be airborn, waterborn or touch youre immune

But the thing is, the infection is a virus, the reason youre alive is because youre immune. think about it, whether it be airborn, waterborn or touch youre immune

Where has it been stated that we are immune to anything? Just because we are not infected does not imply we are immune to anything we just have been bitten or infected by another individual.

Where has it been stated that we are immune to anything? Just because we are not infected does not imply we are immune to anything we just have been bitten or infected by another individual.

I understand that, but we dont know yet if infection is just contact. it were lets say, waterborn or airborn, wed be shambling dead people

well it doesn't have to be the infection it could be a common water born virus that you would find in nature

If you are going to do this "contamination of water idea" then you should add a new item "Filter" so that you can drink freely from various sources. Logically speaking though in real life you would want to filter any water before drinking and also purifying it via boiling or chemicals.

i dont think it needs to be that complicated, just something so the gameplay is more random

If you want that you need a function to empty your bottles without drinking it, or test the water before drinking

Edited by Smithy

i dont think it needs to be that complicated, just something so the gameplay is more random

If there's no way to make your water pure then this idea is akin to "Oops you picked the wrong well! Have fun dieing slowly!"

They would also need to make Anti-biotics spawn as often as pain killers.

I sorta like your idea, but I have some changes. Maybe add the ability to boil water over a campfire to clean it. Only water from ponds would need to be cleaned though.